Calculation formula after DPE?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 27/10/11, 17:50

The DPE technicians arrive in a suit and tie, that makes a lot of sense.
They do not dismantle anything, obviously, they do not even open the windows, it is messy no doubt. They are especially careful not to make a turn of kidney.

They roughly assess the insulation that the house can have according to the standards in force on the day of construction of the house (I doubt they know them elsewhere.

I bought a house of 80 m2 living space, all gas in late 2007.
Consumption announced by the DPE 15 920 Kw.
Actual consumption per year 7 to 200 Kw / year depending on the year.
No regulation on the boiler, but, being retired, I regulate by hand.
T ° in the house between 20 and 21 ° C; (I'm quite cautious)

I have now ordered a room thermostat at the store to improve my consumption a bit.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/10/11, 22:40

being retired, I regulate by hand.
I am quite cautious

Hat !!! "by hand"
Without stop night and day, the nose and the eye on the thermometer to start or stop the boiler, this since 2007 !!!
Retired, I admire !!!

Not badly insulated house for 100KWh / m2 year for which year of construction, in which region ??
The DPE, in suit, is also done at random: year of construction, region and that's 200 instead of 100KWh / m2 !!!
200 is for the 70s to 85s in the Paris region !!!!

It is not sure that the thermostat will improve because the nights when you sleep, the thermostat will heat, while you are not heating ???????
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 28/10/11, 06:05

Bonjour,
For my part as specify, it is a dpe offered by suppliers of various materials.
No suit, tie, friendly and from the same region as me.
He went around with the door and window open and scanned the whole.
Otherwise if it is based on what I told him, it's like said above I heat myself only with wood, so to have an estimate of what I consumed difficult to do otherwise.
a + claude
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 28/10/11, 23:56

@deleco:
Hat !!! "by hand"
Without stop night and day, the nose and the eye on the thermometer to start or stop the boiler, this since 2007 !!!
Retired, I admire !!!

No, no, I'm not a slave to this point !!
A glance in the morning, a glance when the sun is shining at midday and another in the evening before going to bed, and good night the retiree.
The thermostat will aim, I hope, to avoid this chore

House of 83, on Guingamp Côtes d'Armor, Town gas, underfloor heating
Full foot; 5 cm polystyrene under slab; 10 cm as for walls; 20 cm glass wool on the ceiling; chipboard floor for attic above, but no layout and no insulation.
Living rooms + 1 bedroom facing south; 2 bedrooms bathroom north + attached garage not insulated.
Double glazing everywhere, which I replaced with double glazing
ITR + argon in 2009
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/10/11, 00:46

House of 83, on Guingamp Côtes d'Armor
5 cm polystyrene under slab; 10 cm as for walls; 20 cm glass wool on the ceiling

house relatively well insulated in temperate region not very cold in winter and therefore the DPE did not see or guess the real thicknesses of insulation for a house of 83, in general with double the heat losses !!!

Otherwise, with the thermostat a tranquility for months with certainty (much more than shadoks with their heating curve and settings on 136 pages with pellets !!)
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 29/10/11, 18:14

so the DPE did not see or guess the actual insulation thicknesses for a house of 83

That's right ....... So there are good and bad soothsayers to do DPE,
but by no means good technicians.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/10/11, 19:08

To find out the real insulation thicknesses, he would have to do an ultrasound ultrasound of the walls (or boreholes) in full places !!!
Otherwise, he can do ECD by phone, with the age of the house its surface and photos as well !!!
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 30/10/11, 02:46

To find out the real insulation thicknesses, he would have to do an ultrasound ultrasound of the walls (or boreholes) in full places !!

With me, all the elements are practically under the eyes.

Just go to the garage and look towards the brick partition that separates it from the garage and you will immediately see the 10cm between the double partition and the gable.

We go up to the attic, there is no floor between the right foot and the bottom of the roof (about 1m per facade); glass wool is visible there between the beams which pose on the wall.
By lifting the latter we can see its thickness, the thickness of the exterior plaster, the thickness of the concrete block, the 10 cm of polystyrene and the thickness of the double partition in flat brick.

In any room, by dismantling a socket, you can see the polystyrene behind.

At each window or French window, the breeze block junction with window frame is made by a piece of wood 10 cm wide, we must therefore suspect that there is an insulation between breeze block and flat brick.

As for windows and French windows, it is not difficult to see the condition of the seals simply by opening them.

It is these 10 cms of Polystyrene and the very poor condition of the window seals that were not mentioned by the technician.

I thank him for the 6 cm of polystyrene that there is under the heating slab; I discovered it by removing a partition.
But, from the moment a heating slab is installed, you can still imagine that there is a minimum of insulation (even just 2cm) below;

All this shows that in the absence of ultrasound and boreholes, a little common sense can make it possible to make an ECD that is more or less correct.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 31/10/11, 10:02

dedeleco wrote:To find out the real insulation thicknesses, he would have to do an ultrasound ultrasound of the walls (or boreholes) in full places !!!
!!

This is the whole limit of DPE.

From the start, I remind you that this is a non-intrusive method: we don't break anything.

So we guess more or less well ...

So the result is very variable depending on how well the technician guessed or not ...

It derives so much even that it is a question of making the companies that do this more responsible and of making them financially responsible in the event of a too massive deviation ... Finally, clear-mouthed foutage ...

But the consumption recorded without other precision is not a method either! Because not normable!

The objective of the DPE is to display the energy qualities (well, faults!) Of the accommodation los of a sale or a rental.

The right choice of a heating installation is normally made following a more complete thermal study by a specialized design office.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 31/10/11, 10:21

The objective of the DPE is to display the energy qualities (well, faults!) Of the accommodation los of a sale or a rental.

This is what is done "in a hurry" ....
Following the death of our mother, we sold her house. Visit of the "expert ??". Ah! the walls are doubled, what is there in between? I do not know. 1st floor ceiling, is there any glass wool? Yes!. What thickness? 10 / 20cm, I don't know. Do you have the drinks? No, my mother had been in a retirement home for two years.
And hop, a certificate for the sale .... I could have said anything.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"