Gain crawlspace insulation on wood floor joists

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 16/01/11, 15:14

It is written that for the isolation it is necessary to do in the order

roof
Wall / window
Salt

I made the roof. Then window.
I wanted to attack the ground and you know the rest.

I have a non-negligible window area compared to the size of the house. 2 glass door, 5 window for a floor surface of 60m²

This summer I had looked in the crawl space, and it was generally dry, so I had not focused my priority on this element ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/01/11, 15:17

moby25 wrote:It is written that for the isolation it is necessary to do in the order
roof
Wall / window
Salt

Yes, but that's a theoretical model! [Joke mode: ON] It is also written that "Do not put the priorities in the order that MOBY HAS DECREED, against and against all ... " : Mrgreen: Because even when given the theoretical schema, my little finger tells me that it still arranges to do as he wants it ...
Moreover, the priorities have been disturbed by the work done by the successive owners as much as the multiplicity of errors, we make that "the model" has exploded for a long time! We are in healing! It is the circumstances that make priorities change ...

dedeleco wrote:Finally we learn in addition to windows perfectly waterproof almost useless :
Regarding the bathroom, for me condensed water can pass to the baseboards that's all. the parquet is not "glued" to the partition for the history of the expansion of the wood.

Parts and accessories it is more than enough to explain the water that remains in the agglo pile only at this place true strainer for water and condensation on the walls to this agglo !!

In addition, taking shower and baths sends water by projections everywhere !!
The salesmen sell by blows of the double glazing virtually useless in the houses with insulation critiquable like this floor which has strong losses (like a window pane).

So in the first place the mini baths and showers, dry to the maxiest after all walls walls and walls maniacally !!!
This will reduce leaks to the agglomerate and with much luck will decrease the water in the agglo !!

Then Buy 2 deshumidifiers, One for Parts and the neighborhood of the bathroom and the other for the crawlspace being careful to empty them often !!

This is what I would do urgently for you (I would not take a bath or shower all winter, except in a municipal pool!)

Finally, in your place I would slip solid shims by short studs
At the ends and middle of the blocks to replace at this precise location this agglo with very low mechanical strength and not See the cracks multiply by the inevitable collapse of this agglomeration, Which supports the heavy walls of the house.

Finally I would treat all the wood again against the parasites and fungi with products not too harmful for the man, like borax (To be studied carefully) !!

The rest against moisture is almost useless with no results on.

The insulation of the floor comes only after all this, With house stabilized before !!
Beinwoui, but what do you want, there will always be who will come to tell you that the earth is flat ... Good! Absolutely everything was said, It's a big boy ^^ ... to him to take his responsibility.

Moby: You should not see any offense, but you can not decently explain everything every time, a course and practical work should be done. If you choose your own home to "Doing practical work" (even badly taken and involuntarily ...), then it becomes a little heavy to question the advice given here.

But I think that the explanation of the dew point was enough to understand what Dedelco said, and that falls under the corner of common sense ... YES, AS IS, THESE WINDOWS WERE INEQUENT in the sense that they did not have made the situation worse. By the simple act of "Principle of communicating vessels" => what was 'Won' On one front was lost on the other.

Instead of submitting regularly what has been said in question to each outline, it would be better to first deal with the question of a hypothetical leak ndb, there one continues in speculation ... and one risks drowning in priorities. ..

..Sonon I will have to bring out my panoply of father fouettard to punish the ugly torches of kids ^^ : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 16 / 01 / 11, 15: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/01/11, 15:47

Obamot has already pissed on other problems !!

Me too but To be useful I insist, because this is very useful !!!

Listen to what I would do for you in your situation, you have to identify the crucial, short-term and long-term and avoid getting lost in the subsidiary.

short term : Bathroom always dry and two dehumidifiers above and below the floor!
Long term:
Block future cracks with solid blocks (stainless steel solid or aluminum less on) in places In place of agglo at the ends and in the middle of the blocks of the top which must not rest any more on the agglo !!
To think well before car Very very very unusual a wall resting on agglo !!

Insulating the floor only comes much later by reflecting in situ to Condensations full of traps.
To see on photos, you have little condensation as long as your floor is not insulated !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/01/11, 15:56

Yaisse, although it is better to take a big one than two small ones (which are shitty insufficient and arrive quickly at the end of the race ... experience made) => at night downstairs => in the bathroom during the day (and of course it is necessary to obstruct the openings of the crawl space during the "treatment" and if necessary dig to make a place for it (?)

Not bad your idea of ​​aluminum as a reinforcement. Once everything is dry / isolated, I could see an "L" profile, or long brackets pushed under the aglo by a hydraulic jack.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 16/01/11, 20:33

Good bah y'a of the taf in perspective .. and dishes to disburse :?

Another solution, which would also be cumbersome, would be to gradually remove the agglo and put in mortar instead.

Unless the stainless steel was to cut suddenly on the capillary.

On the other hand, for cellular concrete, removing the support on the chipboard will reduce the support surface on the concrete block by 10cm from below (see diagram). We will go from a support of 20cm (-2cm with the "L" shape) to 10cm

For joists, it is possible to make modifications to press them on stirrups

I found an interesting link

http://www.crit.archi.fr/Web%20Folder/b ... ivage.html
Last edited by moby25 the 15 / 09 / 11, 20: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/01/11, 00:23

Ouch, suddenly we're not in the section:
=> «Thermal comfort, heating and insulation of your home»
=> => "Gain isolation" (Thermal insulation, cold bridges, and their inconveniences !!!)

La "Static & resistance of materials" It does not improvise. Unless you have seen what exactly it is on the spot ... to have seen the condition of the walls and foundation soles and to have passed all the walls to the densitometer on all floors ... d ' Then measured the number of beams and their section ... and finally estimated the weight of the construction by carrying out the few calculations on the structure that are necessary ... I would advise no opinion!

There we are in a kind of "Never end story" Where it goes in all directions and where suggestions are apparently not followed. 8) So "I stop the costs" As they say, because at this stage it could become dangerous! : Shock: Use a design office.

Good luck for the sequel, but mostly beware of you and the locals ....
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/01/11, 00:59

On your photos, I did not realize that your walls lean on 10cm breezeblock; In addition to the agglo !!
I had not looked with enough care !!

Stunning and unimaginable and much worse than anything I could imagine !!

By buying, you have not made a tour in the crawl space!

Your home has an increased risk of cracking on a thin layer. Through 10cm agglo !!!!

Worse than what I imagine looking too fast !! !!

There is not even the place of my holds !!

Your house is almost on stiletto heels 10cm agglo !!
And that all around ??????

How could he do without 20 breeze blocks yet cheap, taking 10 ???????

My first reaction is that it is necessary to put a second breeze block of 10 in front of or better by gradually to replace all these blocks of 10 and 15 by others of 20, solid with mortar gradually and more agglo between, but Short holds and mortar.
but I have not looked at your foundation blocks are 15 even more incredible!
and above the wall is 20 cellular concrete!
It will be necessary to put stays in transitory.
We must redo all the blocks of foundations!

In your place there would be struts in the outskirts but problem on which to support, not agglo !! !!
No way to lift the house, no hold.

But before you have to understand what pushed to ask 10 under the floor, the joists may be not to get tired ???
We must also think carefully about the possible trappers !!
And finish drawing up the list of everything that is abnormal and serious in this house !!

What is the depth of the foundations, are they correct, freezing ??
It is also necessary to evaluate the weight of the walls, in particular that of the gables !!

In the process, it will be necessary to resume the support of the joists.
But since your wall is weak from 10 cut by agglo, it is impossible to install the joists on stirrups !!

If you show this to A professional, he will flee, Too risky to take back a house like this for his professional insurance and the damage works for you, too expensive price result, and your sellers have dried up to sell you without saying anything, like a hot potato that you refile, one after the Other !!
You can either do like them, after a few camouflage again shoot this burning potato to others (with risk of a nice trial on the back) !!
Or finally make a justified trial that you will win for very hidden vice, against those who sold you, for they knew, to them to turn against those who had sold them and ask for resolution of the sale!
In your place, the trial would already be before a judge !!
The real estate agency is also responsible and involved !!

Do you have home insurance and defense and recourse ????

Correcting yourself is going to be difficult because it takes props and does not make any mistakes !!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/01/11, 01:14

I told you, in adversity:
Use a design office.

The professional fled !!!

Given the risks on a situation never seen, the price will explode, it is necessary to lift and redo the base of the house little by little !!

Put a forestay court Where you dug and broke:
http://www.pointp.fr/spip/IMG/SPIPCMD/p ... lisees.pdf
at any material dealer and grease the thread after disassembly to make it easier to turn.

Take a lot of advice from friends and pros, you have to see everything else that's wrong.
Put lots of pictures from every angle at least by messages for us.

You have to know the weight of your walls, especially the gable!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/01/11, 07:57

dedeleco wrote:The professional fled !!!

... what does not flee in this hovel? : Cheesy: Nan seriously it's HS. Out of control, it's unthinkable!

I do not see who (?) - aware of his responsibilities - would give advice or advice on an unstable work whose owner would like to tinker with the structure when he would not be able to do it, that he confesses himself Not being in the trade and not following the recommendations. I see above all come the potentiality of a cata big as a truck, we are in full delirium there! I would not even want to suggest, reinforce or accredit anything at the structural level without having the legal responsibility for the work and the means to carry it out. I do not want to have deaths on the conscience in case of accident (ground possibly moving near a pond ... as long as there is a coherence ... but if it drops due to heavy rain, OULÀH, all the ingredients of the worst possible scenario are already there: the tree of causes is planted, and it would be necessary to close the Eyes ... I do not give more detail, except that it is the weakest zone that would leave first) ... I would not even go to the crawl space ... In My corner there is a police building, I would send it over there dare-dare and it would heat up for those who did this work! There are jail sentences foreseen in cases like this ... (Endangered of autrui) So not of the leak but of the lucidity and the legal obligations!
Last edited by Obamot the 17 / 01 / 11, 08: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 17/01/11, 08:04

Obamot wrote:There we are in a kind of "Never end story" Where it goes in all directions and where suggestions are apparently not followed. 8)

It's not a weekend that I can do anything that has been suggested ...

I do not hide from you that after all these infos, I have like a bad being, feeling of having bought a m ****
0 x