Econology in practice in a small town

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 20:42

Thanks for the info, Rablaisien.
I subscribe right away
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/08/08, 23:47

Christine wrote:
dirk pitt wrote:I will suggest as already indicated by Elephant I believe to make an energy balance of buildings and communal equipment.

An interesting initiative from municipalities which have come together to acquire a thermal camera (20 euros anyway): [...]
I proposed that at home as well to the Assistant with whom I work a lot (especially on the STEP with reed filters) but rather in the simplified form of an external service: an overview of the town with IR photo of the roofs.
Then we can tell people who is well isolated and who is not ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 23:57

Woodcutter wrote:an overview of the town with IR photo of the roofs.
Then we can tell people who is well isolated and who is not ...

I'm afraid that it would be prohibitively expensive to take off an airplane (in addition to the ecological level ... even if it is for a good cause : Mrgreen: ).
On the other hand, the town hall wanted to take aerial photos and had found a photographer in the corner who takes aerial photos ... with an airship microphone under which he fixes his camera. It's cheaper and more ecological than an airplane.
I'm going to have to ask if it could not make us thermal shots :D
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/08, 00:15

Normally this is done by helicopter ... A plane is too "fast" to sweep well, right?

You would have to ask Hulot ... it would be a good and very honorable conversion of his helicopter : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

But why do you want to fly? We can very well take pictures from the street ... it will already give a good idea !!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/08/08, 00:34

Hey, hey, hey, I just said "hover", me, but I didn't say anything else ... 8)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 26/08/08, 01:00

A helicopter, on an ecological level, it must be even worse than a small plane, right?
While an airship, like all "lighter than air", it consumes almost nothing : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/08, 01:01

Yes it's worse ...

But hey do not push granny into the nettles: a helicopter that flies to make an energy diagnosis, in the end it is profitable ...

If all the helicopters in the world flew for this purpose .... we can dream huh :)

ps: a hot-air balloon is also "lighter" than air, in the end it consumes 100kg of gas per 100km;)
0 x