Econology in practice in a small town

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 25/08/08, 14:41

dirk pitt wrote:I will suggest as already indicated by Elephant I believe to make an energy balance of buildings and communal equipment.

An interesting initiative from municipalities which have come together to acquire a thermal camera (20 euros anyway):

http://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/environ ... r-lenergie

As for the six municipalities concerned, we welcome the economies of scale made possible by this municipal grouping. Willy Borsu, Mayor of Somme-Leuze… “Less money spent on energy leaks and it's also money that we can then use for a number of other needs. Needs in terms of education, in terms of public service, therefore needs at destination, directly from the public. The energy expenditure item is likely to reach peaks next winter. Suffice to say that local authorities have every interest in missing any opportunity to reduce energy consumption.

Normally individuals will also have access to it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/08, 14:48

Yes not bad ... but more simply and economically, they could also buy PM ... what am I saying: impose PM in administrations!

https://www.econologie.com/shop/economet ... prise.html

For 20 € we have approximately: 000 / 20 = 000 PM!

Hold on Targol, you could suggest that to the municpal council, right?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 16:08

Christophe wrote:Hold on Targol, you could suggest that to the municpal council, right?

Yes, but...
Buying stuff if it's never used is not very useful.
The first job is already to try to change (very, very) gradually mentalities.
This for the population but also for municipal employees (sometimes even some elected officials).

A silly thing for example: trying to transfer pesticides from purchases is a big hassle: it is necessary to train municipal employees in new techniques, to make sidewalks a little less clean (at least temporarily) to the population, etc. ...

In short, it takes a lot of energy to get ridiculous results.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/08, 16:11

The PM never used? But what are you saying? : Shock:

The PM you plug it in 6 months on 1 outlet, 6 months on another and presto you have an energy diagnosis of each office ...

Besides, that's what we did with Christine, soon the results!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 16:33

Christophe wrote:The PM never used? But what are you saying? : Shock:

The PM you plug it in 6 months on 1 outlet, 6 months on another and presto you have an energy diagnosis of each office ...

Besides, that's what we did with Christine, soon the results!

The problem is that I personally am not often at the town hall or on municipal premises.
The thing will never be plugged in, it will be lost or stolen, in short, it will be impossible to manage.

In addition, to make big energy savings, I don't need a PM to make the diagnosis: I just have to look at the woodwork of the windows of the town hall ...

When the buildings are no longer energy sinkholes, we can start looking at the stuff inside.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/08, 17:00

You know it maybe but not necessarily the secretary. Besides, it will allow you to see if some people leave their pc on 24/24 :D hihihi

Targol wrote:When the buildings are no longer energy sinkholes, we can start looking at the stuff inside.

Disagree: must fight on all positions ... and immediately!

How much will it cost you to change the woodwork? It will take years ...

Well, I bet you don't have economic light bulbs at the town hall, but the town hall gives good energy saving advice ... ah, but you're going to tell me: does it contribute to heating in winter?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 17:05

Christophe wrote:Well, I bet you don't have economic light bulbs at the town hall, but the town hall gives good energy saving advice ... ah, but you're going to tell me: does it contribute to heating in winter?

This is one of my great despair. When I offered to buy lots of eco energy bulbs (on the econology shop, for example : Wink: ), I was told that it was an operating expense and that the secretaries bought them as they were released ... and of course, they buy low-end incandescent bulbs ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/08, 17:12

Obviously of course ... not provided for in the budget ... and the EdF invoice is it provided for in the budget? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/08/08, 20:12

Christophe wrote:Obviously of course ... not provided for in the budget ... and the EdF invoice is it provided for in the budget? : Mrgreen:

Of course it is, but it's not the same line : Evil:
0 x
Rabelaisian
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Rabelaisian » 25/08/08, 20:21

There is a yahoogroup of participants in agenda 21 http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/agoragendas21/ whose definition is "This discussion list is opened by ETD to facilitate exchange on practical questions, approaches and tools, but also to share questions or experiences on the implementation of sustainable development at the territorial level.

Businesses Territories and Development
30 rue des Favorites, 75015 PARIS
+01 (43)92 67 67 XNUMX XNUMX

www.projectdeterritoire.com
"
0 x