Econology in practice in a small town

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/08, 13:13

Commercial soft but as long as you equip as much do it on your favorite site especially that you will not necessarily find better elsewhere (decreasing prices for large orders) ... : Cheesy:

Otherwise it's called investment ... and don't forget this news:
https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3720.html

I was not speaking for you but for the town hall eh :)
0 x
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 17/03/08, 13:19

Or even turn off light bulbs!
Often public lighting, especially outside, is excessive, there are many streets where one in two street lights would suffice, it seems to me that studies have been made showing that the impact on safety was zero (but then I have no idea where to find the references). I don't know if this is the case in your town…
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/08, 13:25

Ah I was just thinking of the lighting of the premises ...

Generally a lot of town halls still have chandeliers and apply to "flame bulb" precisely.

For public lighting these are already economical bulbs (the efficiency of public lighting bulbs, especially sodium, is better than that of compact fluorescent lamps).

A simple solution: simply cut one out of 2 in certain districts or set the tempo (style from 2 hours to cut everything) ... but there it is EdF will scream ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/03/08, 13:44

Christophe wrote:Commercial soft but as long as you equip as much do it on your favorite site especially that you will not necessarily find better elsewhere (decreasing prices for large orders) ... : Cheesy:

Otherwise it's called investment ... and don't forget this news:
https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3720.html

I was not speaking for you but for the town hall eh :)

But you can be sure that I would do everything so that the Econology shop is consulted for tenders concerning your goods. There is no reason.

Otherwise, to answer Louhac and Christophe about public lighting, the biggest problem remains ... the population.
Even if we manage to demonstrate that public lighting does not change anything in terms of safety, it "reassures" the inhabitants.
Public opinion is not, in my opinion, yet ready to cut off (even when everyone is asleep) this lighting.

I could always try polls from here to there, but the echoes I have had so far make me a little pessimistic about this possibility.

On the other hand, I spotted on the last issue of "The Ecological House" an autonomous streetlight operating on the basis of solar collectors and a small vertical axis wind turbine fixed at the top of the mast which seems to me a good alternative (especially for new installations, the potential additional cost of the lamppost being offset by savings in cabling).
The batteries, housed in the mast are capable of supplying the LED lighting for 4 nights without wind or sun.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/08, 13:48

Thanks Targol :)

A lamp post on 2 turned off does not change much in terms of security ... am I wrong?

For the price of the Led and Renewable lamp, I suppose that its price is dissuasive for a good number of Town Hall ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/03/08, 14:10

Christophe wrote:Thanks Targol :)

Wait until you have been detained before saying thank you :P.
What I am saying is that I will push for you to be consulted, I would probably not participate in the tender commission in this case: that could be likened to the abuse of public good. Even if I have no interest in the shop, since I have been "hanging out" on this fofo for a few years, I would not like to lend a flank to criticism from this side (our election having made some bitter feelings in the camp of 'in front).

Christophe wrote:A lamp post on 2 turned off does not change much in terms of security ... am I wrong?

I don't think so, but what I do know is that the grandmother in front of the house from which you turned off the lamp, she harasses you every day so that you turn it back on !!!

Christophe wrote:For the price of the Led and Renewable lamp, I suppose that its price is dissuasive for a good number of Town Hall ...

I don't know the price yet, but I tell myself that for new locations, the fact of having no wiring to do associated with electricity savings can perhaps bring the break-even point down to acceptable limits compared to a standard street light.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 17/03/08, 14:11

Furthermore, it goes without saying it, but better said, many municipalities of all sizes are innovating in environmental matters on their scale and there are very good ideas to take. If by contacting the advisers / assistants in charge of the environment we can take the good ideas and know which are the bad ones to avoid… In addition, these examples will be very useful to convince the rest of the municipal council and the population.
(I have Reindeer in mind for pesticides, but it's not really a small town : Cheesy: )
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/03/08, 14:26

Hello Mister The Mayor

For pesticides, the municipality can set an example, with boiling water.
The free composter, several municipalities have already done so. But if it is in the countryside, I suppose that many have a corner of garden and practice the "pile of bourrier"

For HBV, this should be possible, starting slowly.
A simple trick to get started:
Make a ball burner used frying oil, to make boiling water for weeding the town.
It is not objectionable, as fuel, since it only serves to heat the water on the trailer.

Or for space heating, or a heating water network.

Ruse (as if to make people accept and generalize the use of potatoes at the start):

Organize a frying oil collector in the municipality, which will be used for municipal use…
There will always be enough for the good cause and the civic spirit of some.
May, then, some, always smarter than the others, will try to keep it, for personal use, and will launch into the personal hack. It's great for developing the idea.

Subsequently, use it as fuel, but after advice from the pioneer municipalities in this area.

A lamp post on 2 turned off does not change much in terms of security ... am I wrong?

Except when the one that lights is burned out…

For Myscanthus or other development idea, contact the town hall of Jonzac
jonzac-city econological-t3975.html

Only problem: increase the technical service staff.
To make the devices, and pass the kettle more often along the roads…
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/08, 14:31

Yes for Granny you are right ... must increase local taxes then ... : Cheesy:

Targol wrote:I don't know the price yet, but I tell myself that for new locations, the fact of having no wiring to do associated with electricity savings can perhaps bring the break-even point down to acceptable limits compared to a standard street light.

a) the wiring is already done except new neighborhood

b) I am afraid that the sale price of this floor lamp takes into account this NO extra cost, in other words: it is overcharged. I had already come across one or the other site which proposed (including an importer from China) at 3 to 4 times the price of classic floor lamps if I remember correctly (and that solar)

c) what about the lifespan of the batteries?

d) what about no wind no sun for 4 days? Special question for Granny?

So I think that in the case of public lighting there is much more to be gained with better management of fossil energy (finally nuclear) and with a new type of bulb than by using renewable energies that are not developed. ..
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/03/08, 14:57

Louhac wrote:Furthermore, it goes without saying it, but better said, many municipalities of all sizes are innovating in environmental matters on their scale and there are very good ideas to take. If by contacting the advisers / assistants in charge of the environment we can take the good ideas and know which are the bad ones to avoid… In addition, these examples will be very useful to convince the rest of the municipal council and the population.
(I have Reindeer in mind for pesticides, but it's not really a small town : Cheesy: )

Indeed, relying on the experiences of others seems to me to be the minimum, I do not pretend to have infused science.
I know Rennes' situation well, being Breton by origin, but, as you said, the scale and the means are not at all the same. On the other hand, there are towns with sizes comparable to mine which have already taken the plunge and to which I intend to ask for information.

gegyx wrote:Hello Mister The Mayor

: Lol:
No, I don't have time, I leave that to the retirees.
: Lol:

gegyx wrote:For pesticides, the municipality can set an example, with boiling water.

Well, it was a bit of an idea with more info to get people to change themselves.

gegyx wrote:The free composter, several municipalities have already done so. But if it is in the countryside, I suppose that many have a corner of garden and practice the "pile of bourrier"

Personally, I already have one and I suppose that a certain number of inhabitants of the village also (at least the "old ones"). For all new arrivals from subdivisions which, in general, come from the city, driven by real estate prices, the approach may make it possible to greatly limit the volume of waste.

gegyx wrote:For HBV, this should be possible, starting slowly.
A simple trick to get started:
Make a ball burner used frying oil, to make boiling water for weeding the town.
It is not objectionable, as fuel, since it only serves to heat the water on the trailer.

Since Villeneuve sur Lot (which we have well discussed here), local authorities can use HVB as fuel as a "right to experimentation", right?

gegyx wrote:Ruse (as if to make people accept and generalize the use of potatoes at the start):

Organize a frying oil collector in the municipality, which will be used for municipal use…
There will always be enough for the good cause and the civic spirit of some.
May, then, some, always smarter than the others, will try to keep it, for personal use, and will launch into the personal hack. It's great for developing the idea.

The idea is good, but I'm not sure that people will bother to store and then bring their used oil in the container, not to mention the morons who will take the opportunity to dump their used oil or the rest of their can of " roundup "(after the broadcast on ARTE).

gegyx wrote:For Myscanthus or other development idea, contact the town hall of Jonzac
jonzac-city econological-t3975.html

Only problem: increase the technical service staff.
To make the devices, and pass the kettle more often along the roads…

I write it down ....

Christophe wrote:a) the wiring is already done except new neighborhood

It was these cases that I thought of and the many hamlets not yet equipped.

Christophe wrote:b) I am afraid that the sale price of this floor lamp takes into account this NO extra cost, in other words: it is overcharged. I had already come across one or the other site which proposed (including an importer from China) at 3 to 4 times the price of classic floor lamps if I remember correctly (and that solar)

c) what about the lifespan of the batteries?

d) what about no wind no sun for 4 days? Special question for Granny?

So I think that in the case of public lighting there is much more to be gained with better management of fossil energy (finally nuclear) and with a new type of bulb than by using renewable energies that are not developed. ..

These are excellent questions that I also asked myself and that I intend to ask the manufacturer. Convincing me will be much easier than convincing other board members. I suppose that the companies which sell this kind of product have detailed comparative analyzes as an argument ...
0 x