Bolloré electric car: JT FR2 13 H from 10-01-2008

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 13/01/08, 08:55

Andre wrote:
This large hollow tree undergoes the deformation of the boat in the waves and many problems with the bearings,
This requires a reduction gearbox often with high pressure and low pressure turbines, some diesel a fairly complicated reverse system

With an engine that drives an alternator, and two nacel engines at the back of the boat

This allows the engine and alternator to be placed in the center position of the boat.
the weight of the alternator is less than the mechanical transmission
less expensive electrical wiring lighter than the shaft with its bearings

No need to have a variable pitch propeller, the engine torque is well defined with the current (Drive AC).

The shaft transmission system is very reliable, the stages seem to me to be in cupronickel (integrated lubricator), never any problem for example on the French aircraft carriers Clemenceau and Foch (steam turbine engines), nor on the ex. France whose trees measure almost 100m. On the other hand, indeed it is heavy, but the deformations are limited because today the diesel powered cargo ships have the machine at the rear so short shaft and those which have a central machine are very rigid because they are not cargo ships.
Nacelle motors are an interesting solution, but not without drawbacks related to their drag, possible sealing problems and their greater exposure to shocks (like a Z-drive on a smaller boat)
On the new Queen Mary built in St Nazaire, the motors on the nacelle, 4 in number, are mobile on their axis at the rear (fixed on the front seems to me), but the propellers are always with variable pitch , which as you know is not only a question of engine torque, but also speed related flow :D

New diesel electric locomotives (100% electric operation on electrified line), moreover produced by Bombardier (in Europe) equip the few rare French lines whose electrification is not total, which previously required a change of engine. ..
Last edited by Chatham the 13 / 01 / 08, 09: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/01/08, 08:57

Chatham wrote: Precisely in my box we work with 3-cylinder diesel with very high efficiency (reduction of friction in particular) ...

Good chatam, I understand that you want to remain discreet but apart from the fact that your box is in Alsace, you could tell us a little more: what performance do you hope to achieve? for which applications? Do you subcontract for large car manufacturers?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 13/01/08, 09:14

bham wrote:
Chatham wrote: Precisely in my box we work with 3-cylinder diesel with very high efficiency (reduction of friction in particular) ...

Good chatam, I understand that you want to remain discreet but apart from the fact that your box is in Alsace, you could tell us a little more: what performance do you hope to achieve? for which applications? Do you subcontract for large car manufacturers?

For the moment we are getting to ~ -30%, but we have to deal with the possibility of industrialization, because everything is not necessarily applicable to large series at an acceptable price ... We are working on specifications for all manufacturers ... But only on high-end gasoline or advanced diesel, because the 'all-rounder' is produced in eastern europe, south america or asia ...
it may interest some to know that for ~ 5 years, no more Audi engine is no longer built in Germany everything is subcontracted (except the very very high end engine type Audi A8 ...) : Cheesy:
Ach !: deutsche qualität sagten sie ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/01/08, 10:22

OK Chatam, that leaves me with a few little ideas, let's say people specializing in engine technology, such as direct injection, high pressure pump, heat exchangers ... By a hazardous assumption, if the group is Germanic, I think I will be able to find your employer : Mrgreen:

Without saying it of course !! : Lol:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/01/08, 10:26

Chatham wrote:it may interest some to know that for ~ 5 years, no more Audi engine is no longer built in Germany everything is subcontracted (except the very very high end engine type Audi A8 ...) : Cheesy:
Ach !: deutsche qualität sagten sie ...

Yes, but with all German standards: machine tools, production lines and production engineers remain German. Only operators who tighten bolts or stamp plates become foreign : Cheesy:

The German Quality is not possible, but in French!! : Lol:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/02/09, 15:00

I bring out this post there (but is it the right one?) For a news which is not very good:
http://www.cartech.fr/news/pininfarina- ... 387346.htm

Really ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."