Tinkering a floor with dismantled pallets

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Did67

by Did67 » 15/07/09, 12:36

Cuicui wrote:If the planks are directly laid on the paving in floating laying this could work.

Yes and no: you have to "attach" them to each other, so mount them on rafters, so they won't touch the slab everywhere ... Uly, without tab, and without "clips" I don't see how you attach all this while "floating" ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/07/09, 14:21

Christophe wrote:A regular of forums (I don't know who) made kitchen furniture out of recycled pallets, but in this case the constraints are different.

They call me ?

delnoram wrote:Too bad Targol didn't come by today :|

I could not. I was at a family celebration on the island of Bréhat. Thank you for finding the photo, Delnoram. It saved me from looking.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
triton
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

floor....

by triton » 06/11/09, 23:08

Hello,
I recovered cheese boards intended to dry the cheeses. they are 300mm wide and 35mm thick and I plan to make a floor with them. So I was thinking either grooving them languetter (not yet know how maybe a router) ... Or else I had imagined screwing them wildly in the joists telling myself that with this thickness, it might not be moving a lot .... what do you think?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/11/09, 23:27

Hello Triton

Trivial question, how are you going to remove the smell?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: floor ....

by bham » 07/11/09, 08:49

triton wrote:Hello,
I recovered cheese boards intended to dry the cheeses. they are 300mm wide and 35mm thick and I plan to make a floor with them. So I was thinking either grooving them languetter (not yet know how maybe a router) ... Or else I had imagined screwing them wildly in the joists telling myself that with this thickness, it might not be moving a lot .... what do you think?

It is clear that with this thickness, it will not move and in addition to boards as wide it is quite pretty.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/13, 11:16

Other DIY ideas using a recovery palette:

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/02/13, 16:24

Nice! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/02/13, 19:28

Aside from the few examples above of possible use of pallet boards, for your use, Caterpillar, this is hardly recommendable.

It all depends on the desired result (degree of finish) and the tools (and your ability to handle it!) That you can put in front, but it would be possible to get closer to a small sawmill or a mobile sawmill (which often replace them) and you could get cheaper boards that are easier to install and of better quality (with bonus tips!).

Eg. in some regions the chestnut is more affordable than the oak and it is a beautiful wood; same for the alder, very cheap and, although more tender, of great beauty (a beautiful pink, close to the cherry tree).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/02/13, 10:43

The chestnut has the property (to you to see if it is an advantage or a disadvantage) to scare away the spiders.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Return to “Your technical assemblies, DIY, innovations and self-construction: making an object or an installation”