Creation of home charge controller ...

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Creation of home charge controller ...

by bennurre » 04/08/12, 21:54

Hello, I had an idea to make a 12v lead acid battery charge regulator not too expensive ...

The idea is to use an intelligent battery charger:

after dismantling it turns out that the voltage at the output of the transformer is 18v. I told myself that if the wind turbine produces 18v (possibly regulated by a 7818) and we remove the transformer, we directly supply the charging circuit with 18v and we get an intelligent charger powered by the wind turbine.

What do you think?

Have Fun!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/08/12, 22:39

it does not work, or not optimally.
This kind of charger starts from the principle that it has all the necessary power available (the network); it will not be able to adapt to variations in the power of a wind turbine.

And then the load regulation of a wind turbine does not work like this, the problem is that we can sometimes end up with too much current when we do not have to disconnect the wind turbine to prevent it from packed up.
The solution is then to divert the excess current to a resistive load to dissipate the excess energy (dump load)

I started designing such a regulator, but having bought a house to renovate I did not have time to finish and I now have other priorities.
https://www.econologie.com/forums/regulateur ... 10166.html
0 x