Wind construction

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Wind construction

by bennurre » 31/07/12, 11:55

Hello everyone ... After many readings on this forum, I started building a wind turbine. I made blades with 200mm exhaust pipe, which makes me a 2m wind turbine. For the generator I got a 24v electric bike motor under 250w ... But my performance is not that great, do you think this solution is viable or is this type of generator a bad choice? Thank you in advance and good luck to all !.
0 x
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bennurre » 31/07/12, 13:52

here's a photo...

0 x
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bennurre » 31/07/12, 17:10

0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 31/07/12, 17:39

Nice achievement.
the screws at the end of the blades to bolt the balancing.
More critical on the mat. Looks like 2 nailed boards.

Your engine is developing. 500w or 200w in motor mode.
Knowing that a bike wheel does not turn quickly it should be fine unless it was a pinion drive (reduction).
In wheel motor it should go.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bennurre » 31/07/12, 17:53

and here is a working link ...

I hope !!!

http://youtu.be/W1NrDbwb6So
0 x
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bennurre » 31/07/12, 20:35

Here is a photo of the brushless motor trying to act as a generator !!! 3 wires in output and I rectified it with 6 diodes.

Regarding the mast, actually I changed it, it is now 5 meters, but considering that size I had to change the location of its fixing and unfortunately there is not much wind at this place! ggrrrr !!!

Given the size of my wind turbine that you recommend as a generator.? My goal is to recharge a 12v battery for an LED lighting then ...

Currently, the wind generator easily produces 6v under 1a ... but how to recharge a 12v battery with a 6v power supply? a voltage doubler? a 6v to 12v converter?
With a wind turbine of this size, I thought I would produce 12v fingers in the nose !!!! hi hi hi !!!!

Thank you in advance for your com ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/08/12, 16:11

Obviously you do not have the height of the mast to turn this wind turbine!

I have the same problem of trees too high to install a wind turbine!

Good!

To get your 13,5 volt needed to recharge your batteries you have to run the generator faster more than double, solar panels would give you a much better performance!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
bennurre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bennurre » 01/08/12, 16:17

Alain G wrote:Obviously you do not have the height of the mast to turn this wind turbine!

I have the same problem of trees too high to install a wind turbine!

Good!

To get your 13,5 volt needed to recharge your batteries you have to run the generator faster more than double, solar panels would give you a much better performance!

Well let's say that I will soon move to a place where there will be no trees! I prepare the project ...!

Ok to run 2x faster, but it still seems to me a bizard that I can't produce more with this type of generator engine ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/08/12, 16:27

The defect of the blades in cut tube is the speed of rotation which is limited by the tip of the blade, the smoothness and the shape is very important and must not slow down the speed.

Either you use a gear, a chain or a belt to double the speed of the generator or you use a motor with a higher voltage!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 01/08/12, 16:57

What was the voltage of the battery that powered the bike?
that will give the voltage of the motor, in motor mode at least: either fully I think. The motor being supplied always at the same voltage but with a cut-out (controlled by a controller) to pass less Ampere over time
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru