Low cost RT2020 new house project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: RT2020 low cost new house project

by izentrop » 15/11/21, 13:53

Ahmed wrote:Regarding the overheating (of the house, not of the wallet!), I think that the surface of the bay windows is too large.
Especially since having walls with an R of 10 is good but does not compensate for the double glazing which has an R of 0.66.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 15/11/21, 14:13

Ahmed wrote:For the financial aspect, as soon as you deviate from what is usually done, it hurts, except to invest yourself personally and roll up your sleeves ...

Yes the deciduous trees on the south side, it was planned "at home" : Wink:
Willows marceau, a branch in the ground and it grows quite quickly.

To compensate for the house's lack of inertia and given that the land is close to a river, eventually I thought of a "kind of air conditioning" with the water from the basement, or on the VMC via a radiator type automobile, or in a heated floor (refreshing for once). There would be a pumping point in the field and a remote discharge point.
No refrigerant group, just direct pumping / discharge.
On the other hand, I do not know how deep the water table drops during a heat wave, nor the temperature of this water.

For the cost of the house, I do not despair of finding a basic config, good and not expensive, even if it means rolling up the sleeves for good finishing touches.
It takes time to find an optimum.

For the moment, making an overview of the solutions does not cost me anything. : Wink:
Last edited by humus the 15 / 11 / 21, 14: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 15/11/21, 14:17

izentrop wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Regarding the overheating (of the house, not of the wallet!), I think that the surface of the bay windows is too large.
Especially since having walls with an R of 10 is good but does not compensate for the double glazing which has an R of 0.66.

Yes the house lacks insulating shutters at night for winter or during the day for heatwave periods
For the walls of the straw house above, we are closer to R = 18 to 20, given the announced thickness of 90cm of straw.

on the glazing:
https://passivact.fr/Concepts/files/Vit ... oisir.html

In summary:>
The use of single glazing must be strictly limited to all unheated rooms.
Double or triple glazing is compulsory in all rooms where the temperature must be controlled
Some current triple glazing is up to twice as efficient as double glazing
Triple glazing must be reserved for efficient joinery that has been correctly installed
Triple glazing improves comfort by limiting the temperature difference between their interior face and the air
The minimum quality of the glazing should only result from thermal calculations adapted to the concept implemented.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 15/11/21, 17:35

Small side step, I would like to integrate a greenhouse.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/11/21, 18:01

humus wrote:For the walls of the straw house above, we are closer to R = 18 to 20, given the announced thickness of 90cm of straw.

on the glazing:
We are talking about 70 cm bales with lots of thermal bridges to be plugged with straw soil.
For doors and windows, it is argon double glazing, so UW of 1.5
For triple glazing we go down to 0,8, so an R of 1.25, but that will cost a lot more.

1/4 of floor space in bay windows, even with triple glazing, it's fashionable, but we can no longer speak of a passive house.
Then, under the roof an insulation between rafters, that makes a lot of thermal bridges.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 15/11/21, 18:36

izentrop wrote:
humus wrote:For the walls of the straw house above, we are closer to R = 18 to 20, given the announced thickness of 90cm of straw.

on the glazing:
We are talking about 70 cm bales with lots of thermal bridges to be plugged with straw soil.

Here he talks about 90cm and in the article of 70cm, who is right ???

on the architect's plans, taking reference to the length of the beds, we are indeed around the meter for the walls.
It is not very important, what must be remembered is that it is well isolated. : Wink:

izentrop wrote:For doors and windows, it is argon double glazing, so UW of 1.5
For triple glazing we go down to 0,8, so an R of 1.25, but that will cost a lot more.

I saw 1.1 for double and 0.6 for triple.
https://www.helleux.fr/conseils/89-qu-e ... 2Fm%C2%B2K.

https://passivact.fr/Concepts/files/Vit ... oisir.html
the architect speaks of a real advantage for triple glazing, better insulation and equivalent solar factor (now).
Only a few years ago, for example, double glazing was recommended almost everywhere in France, in walls facing south, because the direct solar gains there were greater than the losses by conduction. The additional costs of triple glazing and the losses of solar inputs due to their lower solar factors were often eliminatory. On the north wall and in winter, on the other hand, triple glazing could be recommended to limit conduction losses.

Today, the ratio between solar gain and conduction losses from double glazing has changed little even if their performance has been improved. In winter, double glazing facing south brings even more energy than it loses by conduction when not shaded. What has changed the most is the triple glazing. Their solar factors are currently equivalent to those of the most efficient double glazing

izentrop wrote:1/4 of floor space in bay windows, even with triple glazing, it's fashionable, but we can no longer speak of a passive house.
why not talk about passive house anymore, i don't understand?

izentrop wrote:Then, under the roof an insulation between rafters, that makes a lot of thermal bridges.

It's true, but wood is still more insulating than concrete.
https://bilans-thermiques.fr/energetiqu ... -materiaux
I imagine they didn't insulate that between the rafters?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/11/21, 19:25

humus wrote:1/4 of floor space in bay windows, even with triple glazing, it's fashionable, but we can no longer speak of a passive house.
In their case, we do not have the measures, but with a ladle around 1.5 m X 20 m of double argon glazing surface in the Paris region, the loss is 8 x 30 = 240 kWh / year to be compensated for in heating https://www.lamaisonpassive.fr/la-const ... e-vitrage/
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 16/11/21, 08:22

izentrop wrote:
humus wrote:1/4 of floor space in bay windows, even with triple glazing, it's fashionable, but we can no longer speak of a passive house.
In their case, we do not have the measures, but with a ladle around 1.5 m X 20 m of double argon glazing surface in the Paris region, the loss is 8 x 30 = 240 kWh / year to be compensated for in heating https://www.lamaisonpassive.fr/la-const ... e-vitrage/

In your link:
On the other hand, if we place ourselves in the context of very low consumption, that is to say with an extremely efficient envelope of the Passive Building type, the glazing plays an important part in the thermal balance and becomes essential in terms of gains or losses. losses related to the building's overall consumption.
Let's take a real example: a passive house with 18% glazing area. Glazing facing 6% North, 26% East, 46% South and 22% West. Gains minus losses from glazing, i.e. net solar gain, city by city:

GAINS-LOSSES (KWH / (M2.AN)) Lille Strasbourg Paris Lyon Nantes Bordeaux Marseille
DOUBLE VITRAGE -41 -35 -32 -30 -22 -17 -7
DOUBLE VITRAGE HE AG -13 -11 -8 -7 -3 0 4
TRIPLE VITRAGE 0 1 3 3 7 8 11

In the table we see that the triple glazing gives a positive energy balance almost everywhere.
But otherwise yes, triple glazing has no interest in a poorly insulated house.
The more the house is insulated, the more losses are mainly through the windows. Glazing becomes predominant.

In the case of the straw house mentioned above, the configuration is different from your link.
The glazed surface is much greater than 18%, I estimate it at 30% and almost due south.
in this table we see that with current glazing (double orange curved glazing, triple green curve), facing south, the larger the glazed surface, the lower the energy consumption.
https://energieplus-lesite.be/evaluer/f ... n-vitrage/

and we see the cooling energy needed when solar gain is poorly managed in the summer.
This is the case for the straw house mentioned.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 16/11/21, 16:12

Small summary of the moment of what seems ideal to me, or careful consideration of the price:

We would start on this type of plan, a strongly insulated U for the West, North, East facades.
And a strongly glazed southern facade.

-Foundations on Techno piles. This solves the problem of building on embankment areas (my case) and is perfectly suited to the direct installation of a wooden frame house floor.
This is the most economical considering the terrain.

- for hidden walls, the wall insulation is straw carrier. The insulation / price ratio is unbeatable and the insulation is high. Between R = 10 and 20.
Interior and exterior earth / lime plaster. (to see if something else is better / cheaper)

- south facade in wood frame, largely glazed. The more glazed it is, the less there is need to heat.

- Glazing in triple glazing (green curve : Arrowu: ), roof overhang providing summer protection. Small deciduous trees at controlled height (regular pruning) providing additional summer protection. A priori willow.

- Insulating shutters for the night in winter and for the day in hot weather.

- Roof a priori in slate-colored steel tray but awaiting the response of town planning. : roll:

- Photovoltaic solar heating : Shock: and complement with a wood stove. PV on the roof.
Given the price of PV compared to solar thermal, given the simplicity of installation and use (no frost, no overheating), given the versatility (production of electricity or heat) it is not aberrant to use them also for heating, when the house is energy efficient.No dimensional calculation in fact at this time.
The PVs ensure the electricity supply to the house, ensure the buffer battery charge for the sad days : Arrow: inverter.
The summer or mid-season energy surplus heats water in very insulated storage tanks and will serve as heating later.
A water heated floor, type https://www.caleosol.fr/, provides heating, either with the hot water stored in the tanks, or it is directly the PV during the day which do it via an electric boiler.

PV also provides domestic hot water. In a DHW tank.

The surplus of PV surplus, summer or mid-season can be sold to EDF. In addition we earn money : Wink:

- A Canadian well preheats the air in winter or cools the air in summer. Possibly a "Canadian well" with circulation of water and not of air. (due to humidity and mold)

- To see if the heating cannot be ensured only with the ventilation, in this case the stored hot water would heat the air and one saves a heated floor with water

- The bioclimatic greenhouse is pushed out of the house, too complicated to integrate.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/11/21, 19:29

humus wrote:The glazed surface is much greater than 18%, I estimate it at 30% and almost due south.
in this table we see that with current glazing (double orange curved glazing, triple green curve), facing south, the larger the glazed surface, the lower the energy consumption.
https://energieplus-lesite.be/evaluer/f ... n-vitrage/

and we see the cooling energy needed when solar gain is poorly managed in the summer.
This is the case for the straw house mentioned.
OK, I didn't know.
This Belgian site is a mine of information. : Wink:
humus wrote:- for the hidden walls, the insulation of the walls is in load-bearing straw. The insulation / price ratio is unbeatable and the insulation is high. Between R = 10 and 20.
As long as you find a quality supplier nearby.
He didn't have that chance https://www.comme-un-pingouin-dans-le-d ... en-paille/
0 x