Low cost RT2020 new house project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: RT2020 low cost new house project

by humus » 17/11/21, 08:33

izentrop wrote:Straw ... provided you find a quality supplier nearby.
He didn't have that chance https://www.comme-un-pingouin-dans-le-d ... en-paille/

Yes this is one of the next steps. : Wink: I know a farmer, I haven't asked him yet. I think he can redirect me just in case.
This link traces my questioning too, the straw scares me a little because for the building I am more of a classical culture (concrete, polystyrene plaster etc), already a MOB, it's adventure : Lol:
For now I say straw but I can very well change.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/11/21, 12:20

Although knowing that it is possible to do it, I will never build in straw. It eats up a lot more space than a classic ITE. You have to think about “renewing the insulation” (it can mold, harbor rodents, catch fire, rot or too dry, disintegrate ... which means shave all or part of the house) ... If in addition we put mud / lime as plaster, it is not possible to go and dismantle a cladding to see the state of what is happening behind. A house must be able to “breathe”, if there is water infiltration (rain) it is a disaster ...

On the other hand as an insulating material “alone”: why not if the price is much lower than conventional BAT insulators.
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 17/11/21, 16:54

Yes I admit that the straw scares me a little too for lack of personal experience.
The oldest straw house in France is 100 years old:
https://www.archives-loiret.fr/vie-cult ... le-deurope

I have not yet seen "my little local kids" who make conventional timber frame houses.
It all has to mature.

Do not get carried away by my affirmations of the moment : Wink:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/11/21, 17:00

The straw is indeed delirium.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 17/11/21, 18:04

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:The straw is indeed delirium.

A delirium that has lasted at least 100 years : Wink:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/11/21, 18:07

humus wrote:

Certainly, but hey ... Look at the fable of the three little pigs! : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 17/11/21, 18:18

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
humus wrote:

Certainly, but hey ... Look at the fable of the three little pigs! : Mrgreen:

It's a rural legend! : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/11/21, 19:42

humus wrote:in this table we see that with current glazing (double orange curved glazing, triple green curve), facing south, the larger the glazed surface, the lower the energy consumption.
https://energieplus-lesite.be/evaluer/f ... n-vitrage/
Do you need the sun for it to become positive? : Shock: Well, that's what I think.
With us from November to January, we really rarely see the sunshine.

I have for example the automatic hatch of my henhouse which is powered by a solar panel which allowed an autonomy of a little over a month. I happened to have to recharge the battery in January. Since I improved the system this does not happen anymore.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 18/11/21, 08:00

izentrop wrote:
humus wrote:in this table we see that with current glazing (double orange curved glazing, triple green curve), facing south, the larger the glazed surface, the lower the energy consumption.
https://energieplus-lesite.be/evaluer/f ... n-vitrage/
Do you need the sun for it to become positive? : Shock: Well, that's what I think.
With us from November to January, we really rarely see the sunshine.

I have for example the automatic hatch of my henhouse which is powered by a solar panel which allowed an autonomy of a little over a month. I happened to have to recharge the battery in January. Since I improved the system this does not happen anymore.

Clearly, during heating, any direct solar input, that which passes through the glazing of a room in the house, decreases the need for heating.
What the sun gives, the heating does not provide.
The best gain goes to the glazing which lets solar radiation pass the best and which lets heat out the least.
The curves are for windows facing south, the only ones with a really positive balance.

It's funny what you say about your henhouse, my mother has equipped all her windows with electric shutters.
A small PV per shutter and a battery in the electronics.
I was a little afraid of problems in winter, especially with the 3 shutters under a large awning (not completely opaque), or with the shutters to the north which only see light but never direct sunlight in winter.
So far everything is working wonderfully. Hats off guys!

Like your henhouse, it only works twice a day, but the battery has a reserve for more.
I don't know anything about the battery, but the sensors are 30cm x 15cm at first sight which is not huge either and they are always badly oriented: they are in the corner of the window. At the limit, the lucky ones see the direct sun at the end of the day.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/11/21, 09:05

Your mother's HP should be around 10W. They must have calculated that less than 1 hour of sunshine / day is enough, a relatively sunny region in winter, I suppose.
I have a PV of one watt and battery of 2 AH / 6 V.
My first system, despite an economizer mode consumed too much for the regular monitoring of the daylight. Now, even in cloudy weather, it charges: battery at 4.8V and economizer mode: 7 µA in standby.
0 x