My stable, econological renovation project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 19/02/10, 16:50

Hello,

@ Forhorse:
I do not know the model of your MPPT regulator but often there is a signal triggered on the end of battery charge.
Wouldn't that be your case?
Otherwise another solution: a basic comparator which "opens" the discharge circuit when the voltage is greater than an adjustable threshold.

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/02/10, 17:26

Obelix wrote:Hello,

@ Forhorse:
I do not know the model of your MPPT regulator but often there is a signal triggered on the end of battery charge.
Wouldn't that be your case?
Otherwise another solution: a basic comparator which "opens" the discharge circuit when the voltage is greater than an adjustable threshold.

Obelix

Yes that's what I expect.
The system will be based on a microcontroller. I will try to implement a PI regulation there so that the battery voltage is stabilized around 13.8V ("floating" voltage of a lead battery)
The signal at the output of the regulation loop will attack a triac variator placed downstream of a 12 / 230V converter
I could thus supply any load (resistive) with 230V in order to modulate the power.
The most practical is to feed a cumulus.
This is to avoid having to find and adapt specific resistance at low voltage.

I already have at least the diagram in my head (there is nothing complicated from an electronic point of view)
It remains to put that on paper and then move on to the realization. The most complicated then will be to write the "firmware" of the assembly ...
In short, a lot of hours of work in perspective!

For now I am on something else (which will be the subject of a specific subject) so it is postponed.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 16/12/10, 12:57

The same causes producing the same effects, I update this subject because with the arrival of the cold, the drinker of my horses still freezes (like last year, and surely like next year ...).

Forhorse had imagined a system with a solar panel that powers a small water pump to circulate the water so that it does not freeze. (By the way, does your system work Forhose?)

I come to have another idea and before implementing it, I would have liked to have your opinions.

Would putting a small pump that makes bubbles at the bottom of the drinker, like those that we put in aquariums, prevent the formation of freezes?

Optionally, it can also be a small fountain pump which produces a kind of small jet of water.

If so, it seems easier to do than installing a more expensive water circulation system.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/12/10, 13:26

Every evening you pass pour a glass of gnole in each of the drinkers ...

The bubbles will not prevent anything. neither does the circulation of water ...

I am surprised that there are no frost-resistant drinkers like fire hydrants ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 16/12/10, 15:07

Macro wrote:I am surprised that there are no frost-resistant drinkers like fire hydrants ...

Everything exists my brave sir, but at EXORBITANT prices!

For the hooch in the drinkers, it is not sure that it brings only advantages: when working with horses, the basic principle is "Forward, Calm and Straight" (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_avant,_calme_et_droit).

Already that it is not easy to meander between the trees with a large trunk of trees behind the horse (in skidding), if in addition the nag is stuffed ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 15:32

air bubbles can possibly do the trick if the temperatures do not drop too low (we already had -8 ° C)
I think this is what they use in ski resorts to avoid too much freezing of the water tanks for the snow cannons.
Of course it is at another scale (air compressor) but considering the price of an aquarium pump it is not very expensive to try.

For my part I solved the problem but in another way:
- Complete insulation of the stable with 7cm of glass wool + wooden cladding (including on the door)
- Burial of the water reserve, I now have 2 tanks (2m3) under 50cm of earth, the pipes are at the same depth.

I have a thermometer which records the mini maximum, and for the moment, even by -8 ° C, with the heat of the big it has never been less than 1 ° C in the stable. If this is confirmed throughout the winter I could finally install automatic drinkers (although already with a pump and a hose it limits the drudgery of water)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/12/10, 15:49

Well, it's made for a few tens of euros ...
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... yy55mX.pdf
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/12/10, 15:59

Grelinette wrote:
For the hooch in the drinkers, it is not sure that it brings only advantages: when working with horses, the basic principle is "Forward, Calm and Straight" (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_avant,_calme_et_droit).

Already that it is not easy to meander between the trees with a large trunk of trees behind the horse (in skidding), if in addition the nag is stuffed ...

Precisely in your application it is necessary that the nag winds between the trees ... : Cheesy:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

snout pump

by oli 80 » 16/12/10, 17:08

Macro wrote:Well, it's made for a few tens of euros ...
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... yy55mX.pdf

hello, here is an american system for watering animals, they have to learn to push on the mechanism to drink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9rOGKE ... er&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7MKvUb8 ... re=related

of course this kind of device is handcrafted
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/12/10, 17:16

With Forhorse, the horses are warm.
With what happened in February 1954: -15 ° C for more than 2 weeks in Paris, and colder in the Vosges, I'm afraid that 50 cm of soil is not enough to protect from frost !!
In this case, adding insulating sheets or straw in emergency can avoid freezing.

Burying it underground is the best solution against frost.
0 x