My stable, econological renovation project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

My stable, econological renovation project

by Forhorse » 28/10/09, 12:33

I do not know if it will interest the world but since I am asked for details on my projects I will introduce you a little things.
They are not necessarily part of an "ecological" action but rather in a search for autonomy, although the two are not necessarily incompatible, on the contrary since often to be autonomous you have to be ready to save money.

We will do a quick inventory before I present what I want to do.
It is a shelter made entirely of wood with 2 boxs. The floor area is 48m². I designed and built it so that it is completely removable (I am only tenant of the land and am likely to move)
The box floor is also made of wood (bastings) in order to leave no concrete slab in case of disassembly.
I am doubling and insulating the partitions to keep the interior temperate even in case of frost.

The roof is 52m², a slope is in onduline (asphalt board) recovered from a former smaller shelter, the other is fiber cement. The slope is 10 °. The slopes are unfortunately oriented east-west because during its construction I had not considered the installation of PV solar panels.

Currently I retrieve the rainwater from the largest slope in a tank on pallet 1000l after a summary filtration on a kitchen hood filter.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/10/09, 13:04

So now, now that the presentations are done I will present my problems and what I plan to do.

The most urgent is the recovery and storage of rainwater. Already I'm bothered by the dead leaves that clog my gutters foul my filter (very basic I recognize it)
That, thanks to the consultation of this forumI was able to recover ideas that will serve me well. I'll show you that as soon as it's done.
Basically it's all to pass in a PVC tube 100, horizontally, in which I will cut a large opening on the bottom. The hole in question will be covered with a grid. I should be able to recover the water while allowing evacuation of dead leaves. The water will then fall into my plastic basin that I would have filled with sand for aquarium.

The second problem is storage.
A horse drinks about 60l a day, I have 2, so I need 120l of water a day. Suffice to say that in the best conditions I can not take more than 8 days without rain. Then I have to refuel with the 4x4 and a tank filled with city water.

For that, in little below I will dig a pond that I will cover. I hope to store about 12m3
Here is the place chooses in short of clearing:
There is more case out the pickaxe :|

This means that I will need a pump to raise this water and therefore electricity.
I need to feed a small vacuum cell pump 400-500W that will be used to refill my tank 1000l in which I intend to set up a small system of basic water treatment (a bubbler and a UV sterilizer)
I intend to repoint with a supressor, just to have water under pressure to feed automatic watering and why not (if my new water allows it) a shower for my horses.

For power supply I envision either a wind turbine of about 500W and / or 2 PV solar panels of 80Wc
The system will be in 24V, I intend to put 400Ah of batteries, I already bought a 24V converter 230V / 1200V
The batteries will also be used to power a PLC (Simens S5-95U) in order to manage all that (startup of the pumps, priority of operation of the devices to not exceed the power of the inverter, etc ... )
For all that, what I miss most is the finances, so I buy on an ad hoc basis according to my savings.

Well, if it interests the world I'll keep you informed about the evolution of my projects and details on my achievements.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/11/09, 12:41

Well, I think next week I will buy a first solar panel PV history to ensure the autonomy of the lighting and perhaps the electric fence.

I found a provider that offers a panel of 80Wc to 270 €. On the site it is sold as a monocristalin.
Is it in the average price for a panel of this power and technology?

By cons I get lost a little at the level of different technologies. If I understand polycrystals are the ones that have the best performance under full sun, amorphous are those who produce even under cloudy sky (few but still produce)
Where does the monocrystals fit in?
Is it a good choice to ensure exploitable production even in winter?
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 10/11/09, 14:07

Hello,

Not quite for solar panels!
- Amorphs yield 6%
- CIGS yield 9%
- Polycrystalline 13%
- Monocrystalline 15%

But if we look at the daily production everything changes!
At equal peak power:
Amorphous and CIGS stand with double production of polycrystalline or monocrystalline!

So this is only a question of size because it takes double the surface for amorphous to have the same power with monocrystalline!

It is also a question of price because a power equal amorphes are the cheapest!

For supply the best prices are in Germany or England, the most expensive in France for the same panels!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/11/09, 15:46

I turned to this supplier because he is in my department. So I can pick them myself (no shipping or delivery time) and especially I pay when receiving the goods. No fear to have on an online purchase in a not known store which we have no idea of ​​seriousness or reliability.

Otherwise I have no surface problem. I plan to install 80 to 160Wc no more, so I have a lot of roofing to install this (and otherwise the land is 5 hectares : Lol: )
So what will make me the best production in winter? amorphous I suppose?
And in this case is monocrystalline really a bad choice?
0 x
MAMO
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MAMO » 10/11/09, 21:54

Hello.

180W cc, for cheap here 8)

I already ordered home, there was no problem ..

http://www.ieesolaires.com/boutique/index.php

I think I will buy 2 before Christmas ... : Cheesy:

In addition to my wind turbine on grid inverters :P
0 x
Do it yourself ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/11/09, 18:13

I have just returned from the "PV solar panel merchant" with an 80Wp monocrystalline panel and a 12 / 24V MPPT regulator

I hate to install it and see what it gives, but before I have to tinker a support. Tomorrow I will buy some scrap.
I'll post pictures of the installation when it's finished.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 20/11/09, 17:39

After 2 days of DIY at the bottom of the cellar, I'm back in the sun, it feels good.

Well then the worry was the orientation of the roof which is not optimized for solar at all. I had to make a support for my panel to optimize the exposure.
After 17 euros of iron (without counting the falls other DIY) and a lot of welding I laid that
Well there forcing in the cellar it does not look like much : roll: This support is intended for two 80Wp panels and initially it had to be "solar tracker ready" (for the elevation at first) but a slight error in the estimation of my pifometric measurements means that the degree of freedom is a little too limited to be usable (but the part is default is interchangeable without having to redo everything ... I will see later)

Once in place it gives that

For the moment only one panel, but a second should arrive as soon as my means allow it, and I would spend all the system in 24V (everything is planned so that the passage of 12 in 24V is done without changing of material)

A doubt, however, the wind resistance of the assembly. The masts and its bindings are sturdy (I supported the scale against to install the panel) but when you know the strength of the wind during a storm I still have some fears. I hope that if it bends or if it breaks out there will not be too much damage.

I also ask myself a question about the best azimuth. What time is the sun at zenit?
It seems to me that in winter we have 1 hour ahead of solar time, suddenly it will be at the highest at 13h ... but where in France? because between Strasbourg and Brest, there is almost 1 hour difference in the position of the sun ...
By this summer I hope to find the time and the means to make a solar tracker 2 axes, but in the meantime and if that's not done I would like to optimize the orientation of my panel.

For now, at the time of installation (around noon) the panel was about 3A 17.5V (about 52W) which is not too bad I think given the season and the sky slightly veiled that we had today hui.
The regulator MPPT does its job because at the battery I had 3.5A 13.8V (48W), I do not think a normal regulator does as well.

Any advice on my azimuth history?
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 20/11/09, 18:09

For "your azimuth story" you can look at the following link:

http://www.imcce.fr/page.php?nav=fr/eph ... omenes/rts

you enter the postal code simply.
0 x
To argue.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 20/11/09, 18:24

Oh thank you, handy.
It gives me 11: 34 Universal Time, so we saw that France is UTC + 1 I guess you have to understand 12: 34
If that's the case my orrientation should not be too bad because I did it at noon, I do not think I'll retourcher there.
0 x