Fluorescent tube SYLVANIA HS

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Fluorescent tube SYLVANIA HS

by gregdu13250 » 11/05/08, 13:09

It is the first time that it happens to me with Sylvania that I have a tube which is HS, more particularly a T5. (I think rather of a ballast concern in the first place) Its filaments during preheating, suddenly came white (with very strong light emission). The side was content to blacken a little while on the other more blackening and a filament which circulates in the tube. The tube always lights up but makes an abominable gust with its electrodes which remain blue permanently as if the ballast limited the current more
0 x
Eco lamps.
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: SYLVANIA HS fluorescent tube

by Eco lamps. » 17/06/08, 14:17

gregdu13250 wrote:It is the first time that it happens to me with Sylvania that I have a tube which is HS, more particularly a T5. (I think rather of a ballast concern in the first place) Its filaments during preheating, suddenly came white (with very strong light emission). The side was content to blacken a little while on the other more blackening and a filament which circulates in the tube. The tube always lights up but makes an abominable gust with its electrodes which remain blue permanently as if the ballast limited the current more

Do you use an electronic ballast? If yes it may be he who is in question, if not it may be this the starter ...
0 x
Do what I say but not what I do.
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 17/06/08, 15:24

Eco lamps. wrote :Do you use an electronic ballast? If yes it may be he who is in question, if not it may be this the starter ...
It is passed in several supports this tube, it was originally in an emergency lamp, The electrodes were not black. As soon as I put it on a normal support (ferromagnetic ballast 8w) It held 1 month before this big gleam on the right side during the preheating, now it does not start any more and the place where the filament has burnt is dimly lit, I put another tube on the ferromagnetic, it works niquel.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/08, 15:30

Lampeco, no advertising signature for newcomers.
0 x
Eco lamps.
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Eco lamps. » 17/06/08, 15:41

gregdu13250 wrote:
Eco lamps. wrote :Do you use an electronic ballast? If yes it may be he who is in question, if not it may be this the starter ...
It is passed in several supports this tube, it was originally in an emergency lamp, The electrodes were not black. As soon as I put it on a normal support (ferromagnetic ballast 8w) It held 1 month before this big gleam on the right side during the preheating, now it does not start any more and the place where the filament has burnt is dimly lit, I put another tube on the ferromagnetic, it works niquel.

In view of the symptoms it is either that the tube was not suitable for this ballast, or a manufacturing defect or it can also be a problem in the socket (on the side where it is black) ...
0 x
Do what I say but not what I do.
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 09/07/08, 21:26

Eco lamps. wrote :
gregdu13250 wrote:

In view of the symptoms it is either that the tube was not suitable for this ballast, or a manufacturing defect or it can also be a problem in the socket (on the side where it is black) ...
What I do not see what it is is this little glow on the side where it has darkened, and the starter does not trigger anymore. When I put the new tube the choke goes off.
0 x