Solar: efficient plate heat exchanger?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
ulyssesourd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Solar: efficient plate heat exchanger?

by ulyssesourd » 25/04/08, 13:45

Hello
I plan to self-build solar panels. But I don't have a heat exchanger and I don't plan to buy or redo the whole installation ...
So a plate heat exchanger could be effective for the exchange between the solar and the 800 L hydro tank that I have?
If yes, what power of the plate exchanger do you recommend and how many m² of sensors knowing that I am from the North East near the Swiss and German borders, my goal is not to heat 800 L per day, but only one quarter of the volume, ie 200L at 60 ° C per day AT LEAST. The solar-heated water is therefore used to heat my DHW tank via a coil.
Thanks.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/04/08, 10:15

I find the plate heat exchanger very efficient. The more plates there are, the better the exchange and the less there is a pressure drop (the water circulates there more slowly). But considering the price, it's not worth seeing too big.
For the sensors, I will see 6 m2 (the more there are, the better). With a ladle, we can count on at least 500 w captured per m2.
0 x
ulyssesourd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ulyssesourd » 30/04/08, 12:23

ok for the price of the plate exchanger, but as I have a 800L buffer tank WITHOUT EXCHANGER for the hydro (wood boiler), I am obliged to mount a plate exchanger ... otherwise what is the another effective solution for an exchange?
A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/08, 12:46

200L minimum per day by solar at 60 ° C is already not bad ... for the power of your exchanger it will obviously depend on the radiation of your region and the number of panel that you will install. I think you can take a

The power of an exchanger depends on its design but also and above all on everything that is "around" ... the most important parameter being the 2 flows and the T ° I / O (obviously).

A 30 kW plate heat exchanger fits in your hand, so don't worry about it, but think above all about mounting it in reverse flow.

It's not the price of the exchanger that worries me in your case but everything around: you will have to double everything ... not necessarily "interesting" well it depends on what you already ...

But I don't quite understand, do you have an 800L tank without any heat exchanger? Is it electric? If it is a buffering of wood, how do you recover energy?

Frankly in your case I would not bother to make a gas factory to earn 200 € (and especially bcp of bugs): I will put a 2nd small single or double exchanger balloon of 300L (or smaller if it exists in double exchanger ) in series on your installation.

A bit like a tigger: https://www.econologie.com/photos-et-pla ... -3783.html

You can chat with him here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-installa ... t5200.html
0 x
ulyssesourd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ulyssesourd » 30/04/08, 13:19

Thank you christophe, in fact I made a small diagram that I posted elsewhere (for tigger) here
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... PhtDbc.JPG
And what do you think?
0 x
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 30/04/08, 19:01

Hello,

there are many plate heat exchangers I have on my installation and one on my solar installation (Plate heat exchanger E5 / 30 4x 3/4 "AG 10bars 27 KW). I use it for my discharge loop In my opinion, it is less efficient than a coil in a balloon but it still works.

(to see the installation summary http://www.apper-solaire.org/sachot/sachot.htm)

Here's how you could possibly plug into your ball:

I do not remember exactly the price of this exchanger but it is less than 100 €
0 x