Fluorescent lamps source of electromagnetic fields

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 06/10/07, 11:23

nialabert wrote:No, I do not have a specific example. But someone with eye problems told me that neon lights made things worse.

Sorry for this little reversal. I wrote what the physics teacher who was next to me told me ;-)

FYI, in companies it was advisable that there is already a long time of meter neon by 2 for lighting. 1 neon will give 50 flashes per second (these are the 50 hertz current 220 volt that we have) but when we put them next to each other the flashes are alternating but always at the same frequency , therefore less tiring for the eyes.
The old TVs had a frequency of 50 frames per second (50hertz), now it is offering higher frequencies for better comfort. It's like computer screens, it's advisable not to use them below 60hertz.

Now to talk about compact fluorescents we can find sites that will say that it is not good for the planet and very dangerous.
Like this one : Arrowd: : Evil:
http://next6up.org/Newsoftheworld/LampeFluocompacte.php
And offers only that to save the planet, I have big doubts.
As said I Citro and many others have surround frequencies, and I think it's hard to know what's good or not. Now if I search the internet for the best way to grow bonzaïs indoors it says here :
"Add above plants a fluorescent lamp for these species. Hold the lamp at about 15 cm (6 inches) above the plant. Fasteners for two tubes of 40 watt are economical to purchase and use. Special bulbs are not needed. Keep the lamp on for 12 hours a day to complete the sunlight. If you do not have a window with enough light even for tropical plants with low light requirements, you can safely use fluorescent lamps as shown above as the only light source »

So for me if it's good for plants it's not bad for me and it's good for the planet.
0 x
In eternal learning
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 06/10/07, 19:51

goodeco wrote:FYI, in companies it was advisable that there is already a long time of meter neon by 2 for lighting. 1 neon will give 50 flashes per second (these are the 50 hertz current 220 volt that we have) but when we put them next to each other the flashes are alternating but always at the same frequency , therefore less tiring for the eyes.

This is not advisable but is mandatory, it is the DUO assembly which shifts the current in one of the 2 tubes thanks to a capacitor. As a result, the light intensity no longer vanishes every hundredth of a second, unlike what happens with a single tube. The flicker is reduced.

Thus we erase the stroboscopic effect (see the cart wheels which "turn upside down" in westerns).
On a workstation not equipped with duo editing, a machine seems to stop if it turns to 750, 1500, 3000, 6000 RPM (100 r / s). And if the operator wants to change tools ... beware of the fingers ... or more!
On the other hand little flicker with a classic incandescent lamp, since its filament does not cool completely with each cancellation of the current.
goodeco wrote:"Add above plants a fluorescent lamp for these species.

This is because the fluorescent tube emits UV which promotes photosynthesis. On the other hand, the incandescent lamp produces essentially infrared, whose photosynthesis is shabby ... So the plant rejects CO2 instead of O2 ...
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 08/10/07, 06:41

Crispus wrote:On the other hand little flicker with a classic incandescent lamp, since its filament does not cool completely with each cancellation of the current.
goodeco wrote:"Add above plants a fluorescent lamp for these species.

This is because the fluorescent tube emits UV which promotes photosynthesis. On the other hand, the incandescent lamp produces essentially infrared, whose photosynthesis is shabby ... So the plant rejects CO2 instead of O2 ...

Agree with you for classic lamps, but there is still a flicker that can tire eyes, as if we put a number there will always be flickering since they do not work alternately .

For incandescent lamps, it is true that they produce infrared, I realized using an infrared headset.
When the lamps are switched on there is a buzz that goes from high to low, once the lamps are warm.

What is bizard is the microwave also emits infrared.
0 x
In eternal learning
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 08/10/07, 09:02

Infrared = heat no?
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 08/10/07, 09:25

Christine wrote:Infrared = heat no?

Exactly, the incandescent lamp produces a lot of heat, and incidentally a little light : Mrgreen:

That's the cheapest thing at the moment if you only take into account the cost of production,

But if electricity was billed at its true econological cost, and recycling worthy of the name, this kind of product would have disappeared for a long time ...
0 x
rafpantone
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rafpantone » 21/10/07, 15:24

bham wrote:Neon lights are very rarely (never see) used in bedside or desk lamps, so at a distance less than 30cm from the user.

in the flat screens what makes the brightness of the display is 4 mini fluorescent tubes within 60 cm of the face.
a+
0 x
rafpantone
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rafpantone » 21/10/07, 15:32

there is even a possibility to operate a lamp without ballast with resistance in series and a lot of loss.
I had done time in the industry, to install on a crane that worked in 230 volts DC (no question of asking ballasts) 25Homs resistance with a lamp 1000watts ..

Andre

Would you have a schema to do a similar manipulation with a normal fluorescent tube of 36 watts under 230 volts AC: ?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/08, 11:39

Copy pasted from another subject:

north wrote:Hello everybody
Here is the link where he talks about this dangerousness, because as for the mobile phones, it is now proven.
In this way, you can make your own opinion.
http://next-up.org/Newsoftheworld/LampeFluocompacte.php

1) It has nothing to do with the subject of the profitability of a fluo so if you want to talk about the waves do it here:
Compact fluorescent and electromagnetic waves

2) I took a look and nothing that this reflects their lack of knowledge of technology, this statement is simply anything, what overconsumption? That of the strater?

These guys do not know what a joule is to say this ... Comparing a "short duration" with "One hour" already proves their blatant lack of scientifism ... If their afformation was true, the current peaks at the ignition would be very important ... Their assertion is therefore pitiful ... no it's laughable !! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

3) By the way I hope you know that the French standard for GSM is still 28 V / m ... EVERYWHERE ... then we compare this value with the 9V / m measured at 0.3 m of a neon bulb to show than their accusations are simply fabulous and completely without comparative judgment.

Measure the field of your microwave in operation "just to see" ...

4) LEDs instead of fluo? A sweet dream now.

I think that the author has never even bought a led bulb and measured its luminous efficiency EFFECTIVES to affirm this... Concerning the 100 000h of life it is simply a misleading assertion concerning because in the current state 99% of led light bulbs sold cramera widely before the 100 000h for the reasons evoked on this subject in particular: https://www.econologie.com/forums/eclairage-led-t4293.html

A led bulb to 22 € after about ten hours:

5) Where are the studies concerning harmful luminescent tubes? It's been 80 years that we use ... The GSM have already done more damage in 10 years ...

Conclusion: thank you for stopping to believe anything and especially find out before you really know the problem before relaying statements from people who do not master a subject... because it can even be dangerous of such behaviors ...
0 x
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 18/02/08, 22:52

There are two types of electronic ballast, one of which is a surge (only 2 son joins the tube), the latter blackens the electrode and gives off UV or almost, bluish light on the blackened electrodes .. they are recognizable during the ignition two electrodes are bright blue for a short time. Fluorescent tubes with their broken filaments can be connected to the end of this ballast, the latter using preheating
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/08, 14:28

I just received a copy of this device: https://www.econologie.com/shop/detecteu ... p-143.html

I hastened to test some 2 bulbs: a 9W "unbranded" and the 30W that we offer on the store: https://www.econologie.com/shop/megaman- ... -p-73.html

Well as I thought the information of fluos who are dangerous at the wave level is more than theMENTAL INTOXICATION (Lobbyist) than scientific information.

Alors yes neon bulbs create an electromagnetic field but here are my 1ere findings after having toyed 5 minutes that are really blatant and gruesome for the perpetrators of these intox :

a) This is the base of the bulb that emits: there is nothing at the level of the tubes contrary to what can be read here and there (and what I would have myself thought).

b) the field is reduced rapidly: from 10cm to 20cm there is nothing! And I repeat ONLY at the level of the CULOT, NOTHING at the TUBES !! I would make accurate measurements as soon as possible.

c) the field is more important when the bulb is hot but at the level of the tubes does not change (curiously?): it remains at zero.

d) and last but not least a mobile phone in standby EMET more than an EM measurement of TUBES (of course since 0) and I'm not talking about a phone running ....

I will try to make a video this afternoon for denounce these false and slanderous scientific accusations no doubt launched to better hide the problem it real real GSM (I rarely head less than 10 cm of a bulb, for the GSM against ...).

I doubt that this upgrade goes around the net and writing merdiatic as did the poison ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

If you have any ideas for things to measure for the "movie"?

I planned to do the following things:
a) drawing of the EM "spectrum" of a fluorescent bulb
b) GSM measurement in operation and standby
c) measurement on a neon
d) microwave measurement

If you have any ideas?
0 x