Insulation and rental

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Corinth
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Insulation and rental

by Corinth » 04/11/07, 16:05

:D

Hello,

we are renting, collective heating, ground floor above the cellars with parquet and tiled floors, no double glazing. how to improve our housing? we think of insulating the walls of the interior and insulating the floors by laying a covering but for the windows? is there a solution to isolate them without changing them? all these works would be at our expense, we have a budget but as we are not proprio we do not want to ruin either ... what insulating materials for green walls we recommend you, the same for floors ... otherwise, no problem, we're DIY. Thank you for your advice...
0 x
Christophe

Re: insulation and rental

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 18:23

Few tenants have such initiatives (and for good reason ... most landlords do not care about the energy consumption of their tenants ... as long as they pay their rents) ... I therefore welcome your decision.

The best thing might be to talk about it with your owner ... for example: he pays for the gear and you offer him the labor ...

corynthe wrote:is there a solution to isolate them without changing them?

Yes there is one, but relatively unknown, which consists in placing a double "glazing" (in glass or even in plastic) on the single glazing. I know it exists, I've seen it before but I have no idea if an industrialist offers it ...

Obviously this does not improve the performance of the chassis but the gain on the glazing must still be interesting. A solution in the same vein even less expensive and can be quite effective in your case consists in simply sticking a flexible plastic sheet which reflects infrared radiation towards the interior of the room ...

Maybe other members of the forum know brands of these 2 solutions?
0 x
delnoram

Re: insulation and rental

by delnoram » 04/11/07, 18:30

Christophe wrote:
corynthe wrote:is there a solution to isolate them without changing them?

Yes there is one, but relatively unknown, which consists in placing a double "glazing" (in glass or even in plastic) on the single glazing. I know it exists, I've seen it before but I have no idea if an industrialist offers it ...

Obviously this does not improve the performance of the chassis but the gain on the glazing must still be interesting. A solution in the same vein even less expensive and can be quite effective in your case consists in simply sticking a flexible plastic sheet which reflects infrared radiation towards the interior of the room ...

Maybe other members of the forum know brands of these 2 solutions?

KparK added additional glazing, do they still do it?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 18:41

KparK you say? Well YaKa ask them! : Mrgreen:

If not to return to the subject, the law should oblige the owners to make a minimum effort to insulate a rented home!

Obviously there is the diag. energy but it concerns only the sale (and it's pipo because it hardly influences prices) and it is given as an indication for the rental ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 18:57

I believe I have found manufacturers for flexible sheets, the exact term would be "reflective film" or "oversteering":

http://www.batiweb.com/produits/search/ ... e&niv=2028
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/11/07, 19:11

We are the owner of a modest pavilion, HLM construction (~ 1967), in good breeze block, and you in asbestos slate.
When I got there, I did some wall modification, tiling, electricity, paint and wallpaper.
Suffice to say that I did the cheapest, (often recuperated), and not the Promotelec standard of the year.
There was improvement.
I always have wooden windows, which I patch up and it's going well.
There is a second interior window on the woodwork, made by a company before my purchase. This is called SURVITRAGE.
Solution that saves 2 degrees, for no big cost (€). This can be done, by a handyman (no more difficult than doing picture framing).

On all the walls, which overlook the facades, I glued a 6mm DEPRON sheet, with special glue. Galley for the wallpaper above. So it is imperative to paint a coat of grip paint. Not glycero which melts polystyrene. No vinyl like I did, which peels off with wallpaper glue. We gain another degree.
In the attic layer of glass wool on the ceiling.
And that's all.
The best to come, would be insulation from the outside and redo the roof, putting insulation between rafters and laths under non-asbestos slate.
Problematic authorization, because insulation on a facade on public roads, and for the roof, semi-detached semi-detached pavilion.

And then, if it is only to gain more degrees ... I would have to sell them to the neighbors ... :D
--------------
If not on your previous questions: you do Google : Arrow: "extra glazing", and you find all you need as solutions / Batiweb, Maison-brico ...
0 x