electric aircraft

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 13:38

My Cyclon 160 is a "small" one, there are also 15 KW ...
http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/UK/M ... /Motor.htm :?
There is also a Swiss who made himself a B52 with 8 miniature reactors (at 3000 euros each) and who crashed him wonderfully :|
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/10/07, 13:41

There are currently electric paramotors. Weight of the complete engine: 35 kg, power 15 hp, autonomy 20 minutes, sufficient to take off and find a pump.
There are also gliders like the Silent, 13 m single-seat glider, considered ULM, existing in electric version. See, among others:
http://lespiafs.villebon.free.fr/IMG/pd ... trique.pdf
Last edited by Cuicui the 13 / 10 / 07, 13: 51, 2 edited once.
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 13:42

Later, the photos, when I understand how to mount them ...
The aircraft is a Multiplex Big Lift II (a large wooden crate)
I should also add the URLs of the equipment mentioned, but there is also Google : Lol:
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 13:50

Christophe wrote:Except that he speaks of electric aircraft ... compared to the power an electric motor is much heavier than a heat engine ... not to mention the batteries ...

But again I hope to be wrong about the character ...

You have to keep up to date, this is not at all true with the advent of brushless motors and Lithium batteries.
The electric is even lighter.
The real problem is to be able to recharge the batteries in a short time, objective 5 min (currently 12).
I am thinking of making a weight quote to confirm ...
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 13:55

Cuicui wrote:There are currently electric paramotors. Weight of the complete engine: 35 kg, power 15 hp, autonomy 20 minutes, sufficient to take off and find a pump.
There are also gliders like the Silent, 13 m single-seat glider, considered ULM, existing in electric version. See, among others:
lespiafs.villebon.free.fr/IMG/pdf/Paramotor_electric.pdf

Thanks, not everyone sees me as wacky :D
Still, I'm tired of lugging around my generator; my friends are smiling: "why don't you put your engine on the plane?"
Anyone who has an idea for a "certain" 1KW solar or wind source is welcome : Mrgreen:
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 13/10/07, 14:30

hi ramboman,

I'm a modeler too, and I'm used to batteries. I have never seen anyone claim to be able to recharge modern batteries in less than 3/4 of an hour. lithium polymers do not support more than 1.5 times their capacity when charging, and this for a limited time and at the start of their charge.
What do you use as batteries on your not very reduced model?
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 14:40

Pollux wrote:hi ramboman,

I'm a modeler too, and I'm used to batteries. I have never seen anyone claim to be able to recharge modern batteries in less than 3/4 of an hour. lithium polymers do not support more than 1.5 times their capacity when charging, and this for a limited time and at the start of their charge.
What do you use as batteries on your not very reduced model?

Hi Pollux,
you should try the a123 cells, used by Dewalt on its portable tools and intended for hybrid vehicles. 3,6-volt cells (versus 4,2 for LiPo), 2,3Ah. Recharged in CCCV under 3,6 volts 10 amps (manufacturer standards) which is good 12 min, I do it regularly; this is the main advantage of these cells, besides the fact that they do not burn. The texts announce 5 min, but to be honest, I don't dare ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/07, 15:00

Well it looks like I was wrong on your account :)

So much the better! Mea cupla!

Ramboman wrote:Later, the photos, when I understand how to mount them ...

Just ask:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/comment-me ... t1176.html

8)
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 13/10/07, 15:06

it's true, I forgot these batteries ...
it seems that they get damaged a little quickly anyway when they are recharged too hard.

if you are so interested in the electric plane, you should contact the APAME. it is the association that helped fly an electric ulm. at the moment, they are starting the development of an electric 3-axis ULM with high finesse.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 13/10/07, 15:16

I have experienced these cells quite a bit, to the point of roasting four.
With a 12s2p mount, the problem is to keep them balanced, which is not automatic unlike some assertions.
ESC voltage control is insufficient for a large number of elements in series. If, in discharge, a cell goes to zero volts, it clicks.
If you balance them regularly, like LiPos, you will have no problem, and the lifespan is much longer. Only drawback: the weight, 50% more than the LiPos.
0 x