Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

by gegyx » 28/01/24, 21:12

“External drying conditions?”
It seems to me that it lets it dry well ventilated under the sheet metal of a shed... and not in winter.

"A little water... "
And if it's enough, given the result? Precisely, the quantity of water vaporization is what he seems to monitor for his result.

For "sawdust", it seems to me that he uses almost as much as paper. Knowing that chainsaw sawdust contains oil.

By mixing with paper from the start, I think that the mixture becomes heavier and that this heterogeneous mixture allows it to be mixed better, with a slow rotation, precisely.

And we see the success of the mixture which makes good pâtés.

In terms of finishing, it seems effective for its glossy advertising papers which do not differ too much.
/ Compare with the mixture that Christophe produced.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/01/24, 21:33

Gegyx, what I mean by "external drying conditions" is the temperature and the wind, knowing that depending on these 2 factors the drying times are really very different and that to validly compare, you have to start from identical conditions.
According to his approach, indeed, a minimum of water seems required; as for the apparent result, I think that it is only obtained with a rather long mixing time.
The quantity of chain oil contained in the sawdust is very modest, taking into account its dilution... If its early incorporation into the mixture seems likely to favor the operation, nothing prevents you from doing so!
The high proportion of paper/advertising cannot be appreciated by simply viewing the video and must probably result in a significant volume of ashes. It would be more judicious (depending on the possibilities per country) to oppose advertising in your mailbox: there is no shortage of other sources of raw material!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/01/24, 22:20

For those who are interested and have the motivation (not me, it will have difficulty fitting into my gas boiler), I think, if they have a concrete mixer or can lend (or rent) one, what to try to reproduce this gentleman’s way of doing things in his video would be instructive. Just to be clear....and avoid unnecessary brain knots if possible.
2 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/01/24, 19:30

In addition to the simplicity of the process, the fact of working with very little water makes it possible to obtain a very interesting volume of paste per batch of concrete mixer (know that this volume is quite modest due to the inclination of the said tank).
Anyone who would like to undertake these tests would be well advised to note the variations observed depending on the material used and also according to the moment of introduction of the sawdust...
And above all, don't forget to report the results of your observations here! 8)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/01/24, 20:49

: Lol: I want to buy (? make) a concrete mixer, but what to do with it? I don't have a fireplace or stove (except in my cabin)

We will see later in the event of precariousness, because an invasive super market (which claims to be from the countryside but whose owners are on the Belgian border) is going to build a drive to the east 12m from my house (a facade of 9m on 76.5m), will cut off my morning sunshine (municipality of m...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/01/24, 21:38

Ahmed wrote:Anyone who would like to undertake these tests would be well advised to note the variations observed depending on the material used and also according to the moment of introduction of the sawdust...
And above all, don't forget to report the results of your observations here! 8)

Ahmed, speaking of someone "motivated, I thought of you first! You don't have a cement mixer, or can't you lend one?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/01/24, 21:52

Sorry, I didn't detect the underlying character (sic!) of your message! : Mrgreen: This is especially true since I would welcome the emergence of “competitors”!
Otherwise, it would be interesting and well within my reach: I can easily borrow a small concrete mixer; maybe in the summer?
However, my main concern at the moment is to finally have a cardboard shredder worthy of the name. Until I achieve my goals, I don't want to spread myself too thin in all-out experiments.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/01/24, 22:04

with your mixer grinder, are you talking about the wet process? : Cheesy:

/ In Alchemy This is the longest and least efficient route.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/01/24, 22:27

This is not about alchemy...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 31/01/24, 06:48

have you simply tried your wood chipper?
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...