Drinking rainwater by UV treatment

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/10/06, 15:53

A plastic bottle painted black in the sun 2 days and the bacteria are HS ... pkoi make it complicated when you can make it simple?

I saw this on a humanitarian site I remember more lekel ... (the technique is also valid for discoloring domestic fuel but takes 2 weeks : Cheesy: )

Otherwise even note that Kmala for chemical contaminants ... but we are talking about rainwater ... therefore a priori uncontaminated ...
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 12/10/06, 13:54

little sparrow wrote:Hello ,

I guess it's good photocatalysis of which you speak Lio74

see :
>
http://www.ecrin.asso.fr/?q=node/4012
http://hydre.auteuil.cnrs-dir.fr/dae/co ... poleID=105
http://labo.univ-poitiers.fr/lcee/photocatalyse.htm
http://www-lepmi.inpg.fr/poe/themes/photocatalyse.html
http://biblion.epfl.ch/EPFL/theses/1992 ... atalyse%22

but is that what you were talking about Gilo, specifying:
a process for the purification of rainwater for consumption by simple passage under a light
U V.
??

amicalement : Wink:

: Lol: of course : Arrow: PHotocatalysis !! sorry for the typo ...
otherwise for the project I was talking about see on lab.univ-poitiers ... kindly indicate by pierrot :D
it's a shame we only see the photo of the 1st proto and we don't have access to explanations ....

I want to take a look at the other sites offered ... thank you!

otherwise I forgot to specify: TiO2 is chemically stable and non-toxic for humans ("" apparently "" "because it remains to be checked according to the proportions and duration of consumption)
and I believe that the redox reactions produced by this catalyst destroy certain chemicals ... to see! :?

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 12/10/06, 14:02

Christophe wrote:A plastic bottle painted black in the sun 2 days and the bacteria are HS ... pkoi make it complicated when you can make it simple?

no no the bottle is transparent to capture UV!
on the other hand you put it on a black background to attract the sun! kind on the roof ;-)

2 hours in full sunshine and 5 days in overcast weather, kills 99.5% of bacteria ...

there could be an automated system with tank, pump and exposed tube !!!!

the sand + carbon filter also works as filtration, but how do you know when to change the carbon?

for the descent of water, well we can always put 2 descents on a gutter! anyway drinking water, apart from coffee and pastis there is no need! : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
john33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by john33 » 01/06/07, 15:05

A much cheaper system than buying a whole device that only serves to enrich the manufacturer or the reseller:
You treat the surfaces in contact with water yourself: http://www.cyberbtp.com/actus&dossiers/ ... ticle=5669
I tested it, checked it, it's great!
A word to you ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 01/06/07, 21:05

jonule wrote: anyway drinking water, apart from coffee and pastis there is no need! : Lol: : Lol:

Not even needs for coffee, we boil it, na :P :P :P *

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Tarzan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tarzan » 25/09/07, 16:00

Rainwater is not drinkable in addition it is demineralized,

I believe the simplest system is reverse osmosis, UV and remineralization. To check. But you need a large tank that collects rainwater, a tank that collects dirty water from the reverse osmosis plant and a tank that collects clean water.

It sounds complicated but it is doable.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 26/09/07, 14:00

I think I saw something like that on a fair (christophe may be more precise). The idea seemed to me great until I saw the price: basically, profitability for my grandchildren ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/07, 20:38

Uh I don't know what you're talking about Christine on the other hand drinking water from the rain thanks to an economically reverse osmosis it will never be profitable compared to tap water ...

For UV they can be an interesting treatment for shower water for example ... but they are generally not enough to make 100% of the water potable ... unless the UV is largely oversized (= several thousand of Euros).

But beware a UV bulb is 8000h of efficiency and around 100 €. So change every 3 to 4 years approximately ...

Sinon rainwater falling on the ground is generally drinkable (except maybe in the big cities or industrial zone), it is after, during its storage, that it is comtaminée ...
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 27/09/07, 12:03

Bonjour,

let me correct a few words ...:

Rainwater is not drinkable in addition it is demineralized,

there is no need to consider the "meteorite" ("falling") PDE as drinkable or not ... since it is not in this state that will be used later ....
as for claiming that rainwater is "demineralized" .... it's the same .... as a meteorite = who cares, but once stored in a concrete cistern ... is more true !!!
> at home, my raw water (in a cistern) has a ° Th of 6 ......!

To check. But you need a large tank that collects rainwater, a tank that collects dirty water from the reverse osmosis plant and a tank that collects clean water.

: Shock:
heuuu .... that's a lot for not much all that .... !!
on the basis of a good concrete tank, a good reverse osmosis unit (with or without reservoir, depending on model), the rinsing water can be directly reinjected into the tank, and the osmosis water ... directly used !!! !! .....
= 1 tank only and no water loss ..... !!!!!
(This is where she passes "econology" .. !!)

The idea seemed to me great until I saw the price: basically, profitability for my grandchildren ...

it all depends (alas) on who sells you what !!! ...

but they are generally not enough to make 100% of the water potable ... unless the UV is largely oversized (= several thousand Euros).

it is entirely dependent on the type of water and its quality before treatment .....
and it can be very variable ....

it is afterwards, during its storage, that it is contaminated ...

I would say: exact .. if we accept to consider the type of storage, and not to exaggerate the term "contaminated" .... :D

because it is one of the confusions very well maintained by the authorities and the detractors, to compare rainwater (dripping on roofs and on floors!) with rainwater collected and stored ....
very little "soiled" or "contaminated" so good installation, and especially so good pre-filtration ....!

drinking water from rain through reverse osmosis econologically it will never be profitable compared to tap water ...

on the basis of a good installation, with good equipment, it is not necessary to have recourse to reverse osmosis to make the rain water drinkable ...., so in this spirit, I agree .. ..
on the other hand, the fact of investing in a complete installation for "full recovery" (all uses, in autonomy, including drinking water) is the most profitable solution which is, that it is from an economic, ecological and qualitative point of view. .. !!!!
I am convinced that this option will be a privilege within 10 years .. !!!! (for those who will be equipped of course ...)

cordially : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Tarzan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tarzan » 27/09/07, 14:42

and osmosis water ... directly used !!!!! .....

I do not entirely agree with you given the flow of a reverse osmosis even a big one, or otherwise it is either brushing your teeth or showering or pouring water in the pan ...
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "