Electric tiller

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Electric tiller

by Forhorse » 10/11/19, 16:13

Hello, I do not know if this subject is still followed by the world, for my part I have a problem.

So I finally gathered all the equipment to power my tiller. At the moment I am using an 40A alternator, a 48V / 1500W controller and 4 12V / 62Ah lead batteries (new)
When empty the "engine" runs very well, it takes turns without worry.
But once mounted on my "wheelbarrow" it stalls ... it tries to turn and then nothing. If I help at the start it goes on 50cm and as soon as it starts to take similar turns it stalls.
I tried to hold the pulley in hand at the start to judge the couple and frankly it's not brilliant, I have no difficulty in holding it blocked.

As it is a recovery alternator that I deposited because the brushes were too worn, I thought that this lack of torque was due to a rupture of the magnetic field of the rotor because of a brush that made poor contact. So I changed the brushes (found on an alternator almost identical) but same result.

I think my problem comes from the lack of hall sensor to synchronize phases.
I went through the almost 2000 pages of the subject of "Tchang" on the forum cylurba, but frankly nothing concrete about the addition of sensors hall in an alternator (there are some topics that speak in theory, but in practice it always seems to end on a failure)
Does anyone seem to be successful with an external resolver but that's it ...

When is it really?
Does anyone still manage to integrate lobby sensors directly into an alternator?
If yes which type: bipolar, unipolar, linear?

I have another alternator 70A that I started to modify (that of 40A not badly smoked during my tests and is not far from being burnt ...) and it seems to lend itself to an integration of sensors hall , I consider two options:
- Unipolar at the bun: the rotor is wider than the stator, so there are some of the teeth that protrude and it would be easy to capture the position of the rotor at this level
- Or bipolar towards the center of the stator: the notches are far from being folded to 100% (probably a stator manufactured for several ranges of alternators) so it is easy to slip a sensor hall that can then capture the 2 rotor poles take turns ... however, adjusting the phase timing can be more complicated or impossible.

If someone has feedback or an opinion on the question I take.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Electric tiller

by Christophe » 11/11/19, 10:23

Maybe going on a modern new engine, in short a healthy basis, is a track to follow ... a brushless 2000W motor is 150-200 euros ...

Especially since an alternator has never been designed to work more than a few seconds in a row ...

I think the question deserves to be studied ... DIY and hacking having its limits. Nothing slander inside, I'm a great hacker before the eternal!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 11/11/19, 10:37

Forehorse, look at Didier's thread, you'll have a superb kitchen garden.
Lazy garden is much more in harmony with nature, you can use your free time to develop other crafts. :)
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/19, 12:24

It's wrong!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/11/19, 13:25

The tiller in question is not for gardening, it is for making a motorized "wheelbarrow". Instead of the strawberries there are wheels and the machine tows a small luggage trailer.
The idea is not to do something powerful, with a great performance but just something functional that allows me to transport equipment on my land without having to start my tractor.
What I do not understand is that many people go karts, bikes, electric motorbikes ... starting from an alternator and they do not have any worries and I just want to motorize a little vehicle to ride at max 5km / h and despite the reduction I have a problem of engine torque.
I do not think that all those who made the change engine alternator manage to stall their engine holding it by hand otherwise it's been a long time since the idea was abandoned because it makes it completely unusable.

So I'm trying to find out where I made a mistake to correct it, and possibly improve things to win the couple.
Performance and performance do not interest me, otherwise I would not be gone on lead batteries ...
The idea is just to have something usable and practical by staying cheap.

The advantage of an alternator, besides its price, is that its shaft is directly equipped with a pulley that makes it easy to adapt to my machine. A commercial engine, besides its price, it is necessary to rotate a suitable pulley or at least an adapter ring, which adds another cost. And frankly mechanical strength level it has nothing to do. I have a little looked at the brushless motors of the trade and the models with less than 200 € do not really inspire confidence, without coupling them to a gearbox equipped with a good landing on the output shaft it is a blow to smoke the rotor bearings in less than 2.
And then there is not the pleasure of understanding and doing things.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/11/19, 18:19

Christophe wrote:a track to follow ... a brushless 2000W motor is 150-200 euros ...
This will be significantly more effective indeed.
To pull a wheelbarrow at 5 on time, an 250 W electric bike motor should suffice, see Segway or Scooter.
There are even foldable electric bikes within 400 balls.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/11/19, 19:37

It looks like politics: tell me what you need, I'll tell you how to do without : roll:
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/11/19, 19:40

Forhorse wrote:It looks like politics: tell me what you need, I'll tell you how to do without : roll:

A washing machine motor, an extension cord and presto, it works. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/11/19, 22:07

Forhorse wrote:It looks like politics: tell me what you need, I'll tell you how to do without : roll:

And in marketing it's the opposite: "tell me what you don't need, I'll tell you how essential it is".
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/19, 22:29

izentrop wrote:
Christophe wrote:a track to follow ... a brushless 2000W motor is 150-200 euros ...
This will be significantly more effective indeed.
To pull a wheelbarrow at 5 on time, an 250 W electric bike motor should suffice, see Segway or Scooter.
There are even foldable electric bikes within 400 balls.

Indeed if it is to pull a wheelbarrow, 250W will be enough ...

Note my personal experience: a brushless 24V of 250 supplied with 36V makes ... 500-600W and this in a reliable and durable way (more than 100km achieved), obviously I changed the controller!

Indeed, I restarted my very first electric bike of 1 ... which had "rotten" for almost 2008 years: Transportation-electric / experience-vae-bike-electric-functional-with-trailer t7946.html
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"