Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 22/09/16, 13:59

Christophe wrote:
About the thermal insulation effect hay: so there would 5 hay effects :)

Maybe it has already been mentioned above?

You ask me, but I admit I do not know what I write and where!

In fact, when I say "4 effects", or "4 in 1", I "group".

One of the 4 effects is to "protect": against the wind (and drying out), against rain (and degradation of aggregates / crust formation), against temperature variations ...

Isolation is a defect, especially when in spring it delays the warming necessary for sufficient activity, and to reach temperatures compatible with germination ...

But in the fall, this can be good for vegetables in place.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/16, 14:13

Bin I think that the thermal effect is still overall favorable over a year: less variations in soil temperature on each day and a higher night temperature (therefore more important biological activity on the surface), as you say it is just in the spring that it may delay a bit, but this delay must be largely filled on the season ... AMHA!

I just found a video about sustainable gardening:

https://www.facebook.com/www.cpnlasittelle.org/videos/1836974173205342/

Highly Didier on TV! Contact France3 Alsace ... :)
0 x
Kna
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kna » 22/09/16, 21:26

The subject has already been discussed here, but I just came across this, a video, an article and a Swedish study on the use of urine in the garden:

Why pee in a watering can?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/09/16, 21:45

There are several ways to consider this subject: either we integrate human urine or not in the global cycle of the trophic chain, in which any rejection of one becomes food of the other, or we place the optics to find alternative fertilizers to those of conventional agriculture (with remedial thoughts).
As much as I find the first safe from criticism, so much the other reflects a willingness or stubbornness to stay in the conventional rut of feeding plants, disregarding the holistic nature of the soil. Although this is not a reprehensible approach, I find this kind of mental restriction unfortunate. Of course, it appears that between the two, there is only nuance, but it is important ...

Christophe writing:
Highly Didier on TV! Contact France3 Alsace ... :)

Mistrust! Clowning on TV is probably not the best experience: Nabila who wants (and fortunately!). These people are going to slice up your words to make them inane and make the "show" ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/09/16, 08:57

Kna wrote:The subject has already been discussed here, but I just came across this, a video, an article and a Swedish study on the use of urine in the garden:
Better not to eat too salty, dilute and water during growing season.
The urine contains mostly urea which is 60 80% of the nitrogen contained in our droppings. It also contains a significant amount of phosphorus, which is an indispensable element for living organisms but sometimes rare in the upper watersheds.

The fertilizing effect is improved by adding wood ash (rich in potassium in the form of potash and phosphorus) to the urine.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine#Rec ... en_engrais
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/09/16, 12:09

Urine, I do not amuse myself although I take no medications at this time and for several months (when you know what's in it, medicine is to destroy ..).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/09/16, 12:53

we are talking about using hay to feed the garden: it is the grassland that makes the hay that must be fed with urine and excrement! and there is no more problem of hygiene: avoiding of course to put there of the m just before mowing

it is in the meadow also that we can put ash with less risk of overdose of lime since the surface of meadow is greater than the surface of vegetable garden
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/09/16, 13:32

I get this email from a permaculture site where I registered before coming here and where it is question of urine.

This is not good place here but hey there may be some interesting news. Damn videos do not display, I can send it by mail to those who want and that will put it here on the forum econology:

[Permaculture Design] Today at 12:05
À
jean

Hello Jean,

Because it is extremely enriching to listen to what experienced permaculturists have to pass on to you, this week we are offering a video interview with Mark Shepard. He has been developing and practicing for more than 20 years a regeneration agriculture based on agroforestry with the cultivation of trees and perennial plants.

See the video...
See the video
In previous newsletters

Why and how to produce your own seeds?
Start producing your own seeds for next year, do you mind?

Read the article
Find out what to do with your garden urine in our new video series "The Minute of PermacultureDesign"!

See the video
To take action!

Multiply your crops with permaculture guilds

Access guilds
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Did67

by Did67 » 23/09/16, 14:49

Ahmed wrote:... is not Nabila who wants (and luckily!) ...

What do you mean? I miss silicone? Not the good hypertrophied hemispheres?

[I have a little experience, in the professional framework and indeed, it is not easy not to see his distorted remarks, the nuances disappear ... After all depends on the emissions ... And there is the live ... For now, the "notoriety" of my Youtube channel is enough for me. Despite the time that I allow myself, more or less 30 minutes each time, and my mania for explaining, the last one makes 850 views in 1 day and a half; 1 subscribers now ...]
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/09/16, 15:03

Question: in my classical garden (meadow spent ..... it turns and grinds I forgot the name), I had a lot of tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, basil, Carrots (to see) ... the problem is the zucchini and pumpkins, they grew normally in July, I picked 2 large squash in late July and since that stagnant pumpkins and zucchini do not grow anymore.
What is the cause ?

I drank a lot thanks to a well given the drought and heat wave in July and August.
0 x