Differential element C20 Legrand HS after storm?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
gaspard69
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Differential element C20 Legrand HS after storm?

by gaspard69 » 08/06/15, 20:26

Bonsoir
Having suffered thunderstorms last night .. Since I have a Legrand differential element .. (on the line of my kitchen electrical outlets)
which as soon as I arm it makes everything trip up to the EDF general circuit breaker
I have nothing plugged into the sockets that could jeopardize

I only element legrand C20 table 2005 can it be defective in failure?

Thank you for your help
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 08/06/15, 22:55

Hi Gaspard.

Do not take the cabbage, if you have the slightest doubt, you heavy it and take a new one.

and if it’s not good with a new one, we’ll have to look for it.

: Idea:

You see, I did all my elec at home, a brand, a model, for everything, I had four-pole, doubtful, a little old in reserve, and Hop, trash, you should not play with it is still your hut.

At home, it's a smoke detector above the tables and a fire extinguisher below.

I have three in the barracks and three detectors, and a fire alarm.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: C20 Legrand HS differential element after thunderstorm?

by hic » 09/06/15, 09:52

gaspard69 wrote:Bonsoir
Having suffered thunderstorms last night .. Since I have a Legrand differential element .. (on the line of my kitchen electrical outlets)
which as soon as I arm it makes everything trip up to the EDF general circuit breaker
I have nothing plugged into the sockets that could jeopardize
I only element legrand C20 table 2005 can it be defective in failure?
Thank you for your help

Hi gaspard69
Your differentials work since they jump,
but that you should test

check your circuits,
you have a flight to the earth!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/15, 11:02

If (really if .... because unless you have the wiring plan or have done the installation yourself there may still be something connected to it) nothing is connected to this circuit breaker and that it jumps that can only be the circuit breaker ... or a cable downstream of this circuit breaker which has been damaged (that you will know by putting another circuit breaker)!

With lightning, you are safe from surprises and the damage is often vicious.

I remember in 2012 having lost during a thunderstorm (just with electromagnetic radiation because lightning did not affect my home at all I was present):

- a laptop which was in hibernation (... while another was turning upstairs without being damaged!)
- 3 motorcycle batteries in the garage! (2 mounted on a motorcycle, one reserve, one that was mounted was less than 1 year old!)

Concerning the batteries, few are those "who believe in it" when I tell this story (and for good reason I would also have difficulty believing it) ... and yet the facts are there and 3 batteries is too much to be one coincidence!

If the general jumps with the Legrand it is already that the Legrand has a delay: he should jump before the general. Which would indicate that he was the one who hurt.

You can read this subject, concerning a personal problem with 2 circuit breakers of which 1 was precisely quite vicious! https://www.econologie.com/forums/attention- ... 13073.html
0 x
gaspard69
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Element legrand C20

by gaspard69 » 09/06/15, 11:59

Hello

thank you for your message

Can the element then alone be called into question? ....
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/06/15, 13:06

Try to disconnect the circuit breaker in its output part and reconnect it ... if it jumps and it comes from him ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/15, 14:40

Yes gaspard69, a single circuit breaker can "mess around" internally and that can be very vicious!

Read the subject I told you in my previous message: this is what I diagnosed

a) The first problem: the neutral passes but the phase no longer! It blows the 1 mA 30 time out of 1 when switching on but does not skip the 3/2 other times while remaining on ON ...

b) The second even more vicious: a rolling shutter does not work anymore, I dismantle the switch, test the contacts, the phases with an electrician's screwdriver, everything seems ok ...

As the screwdriver detects a phase I do not think of taking a voltmeter ... error ... so I do not understand, I dry ... I suppose that the motor of the rolling shutter has burnt out! However ... the resistance (motor) between neutral and high / low phase is ok and identical in the 2 cases (130 Ohm approximately) ... I dry, I dry ...

But after inspecting the circuit breaker at the voltmeter, it turns out that only 8V AC remains at the circuit breaker output ON ...

8V AC is enough for the electrician's screwdriver to light up, something I didn't know!?!

Good idea of ​​Macro, try what he proposed like that you will see immediately if it is a concern (internally) of the circuit breaker (although when empty it will not necessarily react the same as with a load ... even small ...) but it's already a first try!
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "