Solar water heating system

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
yannouk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Solar water heating system

by yannouk » 24/10/13, 11:33

Bonjour.
I still hesitate between making a solar collector air or water.
I have already opened a post about the air sensor, I allow myself to open this one for clarity for future readers.

So my goal is not to heat domestic hot water (for this, I will later make an independent system)
What I want is to heat my house.

And there, I do not know how to schematize the installation.
The sensor would be on the roof.
I intend to use water radiators to transmit the heat

What type of water pump to use?
Should I install a hot water buffer reserve to have inertia or do I circulate directly from the sensor to my heaters?

In case you need a balloon, how to install? the bypass heating of the balloon, or all in series?

Well, that's a lot of questions, thank you for your lights.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 24/10/13, 12:02

In my opinion, there are two ways to consider solar heating.

Either as additional heating: we benefit when the sun is there, but we keep main heating (electric / gas / fuel / wood / ...)

Or as main heating (keeping an "emergency" system).
In the latter case, a storage device is essential. Unfortunately the storage of heat in a significant amount requires volumes (very) large (or huge if you want to store for a long time).

In general, investment in solar heating is quite difficult to make profitable because it is used for part of the year, and precisely when there is the least energy to recover.

For technical questions, a boiler circulator seems to me quite suitable as a water pump.
And in the case of storage, it is obviously necessary to separate the "storage heating" part from the "house heating" part (therefore no serial connection of sensors -> tank -> radiators).
0 x
yannouk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannouk » 24/10/13, 13:18

Hi Gaston. I thank you for the clarity of your answer.

I heat wood, and in my idea the solar would be a complement (in what proportions, I do not know anything before having tested ....
I specify that I am in the south east (var)
Is an 200L balloon a sufficient reserve to spend a night after a sunny day?

impossible to put everything in series so ... I would like to understand why?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/10/13, 13:18

everything depand what already exists in the house

if there is already a central heating in the house ... just pass the same circuit of water in the solar collector

if the house is well insulated it is the thermal inertia of the house that makes the storage

At the time of the sun the boiler is cut: the heat of the sun is sent in all the radiator ... it can often make a temperature so a power too reliable, but it's always better than nothing: do not turn on the boiler otherwise the heat of the sun would not be used

then when the sun's time is over, the boiler can make up for lost time

it is also necessary to cut the boiler long enough before the time of the sun to lower the temperature of the radiator and to be able to receive the heat at low temperature

if the house is not sufficiently insulated and needs a continuous heating, it is better to start by putting money in the insulation than in the solar collector ... because the insulation reduces consumption of the main heating all winter and especially when it is coldest and the sun is useless

there is only when the maximum is done for insulation that we can think of solar

I was talking about a normal central heating, high temperature which must be changed in normal operation to enjoy low temperature heat: when there is a heated floor is much better, because we anyhow use the heat at low temperature solar collectors without cutting the boiler ... it will cut itself if the solar collector has what it takes

for any new construction it is necessary to put a heating by the soil: it is what allows the best use of all possible heats

the storage of solar heat in a water tank could be interresting provided you find the way to make the water tank as cheap as possible

it is necessary to see with its financial means: a reasonable surface of solar collector can only serve as an instantaneous heating: never anything to store: to have enough to store a very large surface: the whole roof, like the house that christophe showed us long ago: with the entire roof in sensor, and the entire basement in water tank

there is little hope of storing heat in the summer for the winter, if the tank loses everything in 2mois: the heat in rabe of the summer would be available in autone and useless because the sun can still enough to heat ... alas if the sun of autumn does not give rab for the winter there is nothing to store
0 x
yannouk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannouk » 24/10/13, 13:24

At home, no existing facility for now, there is everything to do.
I would like to place about 5M² of sensors on the roof. then storage or not?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 24/10/13, 13:35

Bonjour,

The solar thermal is also the heating and / or preheating of the ECS, summer as winters.
I do not agree with everything that has been said above.
My opinion for 5 sensor m2:
Mixed DHW / heating tank
Pressurized or self-cooling solar primary circuit according to implantation.
In the var the result is guaranteed.
Watch the reports on Apper.

A+
0 x
yannouk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannouk » 24/10/13, 13:38

Hi looping
In fact I specify in my first message that I do not wish to produce hot water for the moment, only heating ... (If I had to make ECS, it would be with a system independent of that of heating, for a question of place, cost, and ease of installation)
Maybe that's why you do not find the answers above consistent ?!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 24/10/13, 13:46

loop wrote:In the var the result is guaranteed.

that's true: in the south the heating savings are fantastic; =)

chatelot16 wrote:At the time of the sun the boiler is cut: the heat of the sun is sent in all the radiator ... it can often make a temperature so a power too reliable, but it's always better than nothing: do not turn on the boiler otherwise the heat of the sun would not be used

then when the sun's time is over, the boiler can make up for lost time

I imagine that it is done by controlling the circulators / valve 3 way with a comparator of t ° C?

chatelot16 wrote:it is also necessary to cut the boiler long enough before the time of the sun to lower the temperature of the radiator and to be able to receive the heat at low temperature

it is difficult against programmable, but I imagine that with the electronic T ° C comparator, the relay is taken anyway?

yannouk, if it can inspire you:
http://mon.danstagueule.fr.free.fr/NRJr ... aires.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/10/13, 14:11

yannouk wrote:At home, no existing facility for now, there is everything to do.
I would like to place about 5M² of sensors on the roof. then storage or not?

if everything is to be done, done underfloor heating, and the heat of the sun will be easily used without storage

at the scale of one day the inertia of the heated floor is already a storage
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 24/10/13, 14:50

yannouk wrote:Is an 200L balloon a sufficient reserve to spend a night after a sunny day?
It depends on the surface and the insulation of the house, but I think it's not enough.
In general, to spend a night (count 16 hours in winter) it takes at least 1000 liters.

yannouk wrote:impossible to put everything in series so ... I would like to understand why?
Because you will not be able to stop the heating, even if it is already 22 ° in the house and continue to store in the balloon.
When putting a storage device, it is important that the storage and retrieval functions are not linked.

I advise you to take a look at this achievement.
0 x