Heated floor renovation notice

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
sertop
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Notice floor heating in renovation

by sertop » 21/06/13, 09:52

dodo wrote:Hello,

In my project I intended thermal renovation me interresser heating problem later.

From what I've read, the floor heating provides a more in comfort seen the heating surface.

Or because I have to pull the tile floor, I question this method of heating.

would not it be wise to preinstall a heated floort, in anticipation of, currently i am in electric convector which i would like to get rid of therme.

is that some among you had this thought?

Hello!
In view of what you say and to suppose that it is possible technically (that you are the reserve of height for the pipes, the insulation and the screed), it seems to me a good idea to foresee it, even if in terms do not do it. At least the possibility of doing it will be.
On the other hand, it remains a relatively important investment for just a "in case".
you could also insist more on insulation so that your heating demand is limited to max.
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 21/06/13, 13:15

Regismu,

Totally agree with you, it is necessary to isolate the max before anything to reduce needs.
Some costs for insulation can be quickly profitable, others like facelifts, change of glazing, ... it is slower (depending on premiums).
It will also be necessary to think that an important insulation also requires a good ventilation.

And after, we think of heating. And there, comfort level, the floor heating is the top (if done well). An auxiliary heater has no regulation. Everything depends on what you want.

Regarding, electric heaters, must already put a lot of photovoltaic panels to offset the consumption.
And you have to think about your hot water -> electric tank then? or more profitable thermodynamics (return on investment = 4-5 years)
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 21/06/13, 19:07

there is an open screed, so he will not leave it in plan. Especially since the tiles will be cold, even with the best insulation, it is due to the fact that it is a good driver with a significant thermal mass.
0 x