vacuum insulation panels (silica): 2 15 cm = cm PU?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 14/02/13, 07:55

By the way, in renovation ... how do we cut them to the desired size?
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/02/13, 11:10

Hello ,

obamot the idea of ​​using it was not bad;).
The product, not to mention that the "vacuum" of air, we will have to explain to me what it is on earth, the vacuum I do not know, therefore replaced the air with nothing when the vacuum was created that's it ? :) .... ;)

Here it is only a question of vacuum manufacturing, but there is nothing empty inside;), there is silica smoke :) ...
If it is at atmospheric pressure it should not push much on the seals .... this says if we have double glazing if I am not mistaken their tightness is guaranteed 10 years ...., even if we imagine that the product be waterproof 20 years, 420/20/12 = 1.75Euro / m² / month to pay then to do well it is at the level of the most significant losses in the house and not the least important that I would have tended to use this to have a better return on investment no, or roughly 7 to 10% by the slab against 30% for the crawlers and a little more for the horizontal surface, there is no photo ....

The less expensive insulation or insulator comes back roughly to 10 to 15 euros / m² in PIR foam, and not per month per month we are at (if we have taken the same years of life) 15/20/12 = 0.062 euros / m² / month .
Imagine that your product will last 10 years : Shock: .... to go into space it's very good I think :) ... On earth we have already managed to make a positive house with insulation from either recycling or the treatment of material remains (wood wool for example), why go and try to make something polluting (by its very manufacture) and who costs a fortune, if it is to do the same thing ???

So in something like a boat going to the Antarctic or the Arctic for example, why not, a space shuttle yes too, and in a house ??? are this useful ??? in the end wouldn't it be easier for a house to review our copy and construction habit rather;) ... for the floor of a new house, if you make it out of wood, your floor is actually a sum boxes filled with insulation, and lifted off the ground if necessary (all on technopious if you want recent technology;)) ...

http://www.technopieux.com/fr/accueil/

Then small detail that you forgot in your idea obamot, it is the push of the ground, little by little there will be a compression of the ground on the panels.
I'm not sure it would last much longer ...

Finally bob, you do not cut the panels, but rather you make the panels to size;) ...

In the end I would say that for very special cases these panels can be very interesting, maybe for solar thermal panels or boxes of I don't know what ...
but certainly not the or other material already sufficiently efficient if implemented well exists.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/02/13, 15:12

I don't understand anything useful in Fraunhofer's sales pitch

I'm not talking about what I really know about vacuum insulation: it's very good for thermos bottles or liquid air containers, or we make a vacuum as strong between 2 walls strong enough to resist at atmospheric pressure ... it's easy for cylindrical tanks ... it's more difficult to make flat panels

to make panels it is therefore necessary to fill the panel with a light foam resistant to crushing atmospheric pressure

filling only with fumed silica would be bad: this tightly packed silica powder is a good thermal conductor, whether the space between the grains is air or vacuum

the solution already used currently is expanded glass

for a high enough vacuum for a good insulating effect a large number of plastic materials are unusable: they never stop giving off gas, and the vacuum is never enough
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 14/02/13, 16:06

bidouille23 wrote:Finally bob, you do not cut the panels, but rather you make the panels to size;) ...

It will not lighten the bill, that ...
0 x