Pac Mitsubishi COP of 5,33 in Provence!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Pac Mitsubishi COP of 5,33 in Provence!

by raymon » 16/04/12, 07:46

Hello,

I'm a little tired of mounting my wood on the 2nd floor to heat myself so I was wondering about installing an air / air cap. The wood is very ecological, it can be heated several times, cut, transport, split ...

The last generation of these machines would have a cop of 5.33 at 7 ° and would work until -25. I live in Provence and the temperatures are rarely negative. Some models from Samsung and Mitsubishi seem particularly interesting to me.

What do you think?

A commercial link among others:
climshop.com/mural-inverter-mitsubishi-mszfd25vabh-clim-xml-209_216_318-1360.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/04/12, 09:07

: Mrgreen: As long as you have electricity and if it is well mounted ... It can work but the general blackout awaits us every year in the coldest of winter, especially in your region.

Finally, the cooler the more the COP collapses ...

By the way, how isolated are you and how much do you consume, just to plan your future consumption ... :?:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 16/04/12, 09:19

Anyway I counted for the very cold to continue using my stove currently I consume about 7 cubic meters of wood. With us negative temperatures are relatively rare. My insulation is average (11 cm of polystyrene ceiling and 5 cm rock wool wall for the floor I am heated by the neighbor below !.
Obviously I was thinking of buying a good quality cap posed by someone competent that I know well.
I specify that I produce my electricity with solar cells and a hydro turbine.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/04/12, 09:43

raymon wrote:... I specify that I produce my electricity with solar cells and a hydro turbine.
8) Happy man. : Mrgreen:
What is your heated surface. :?:
7m3 correspond, depending on the quality of the wood, to approximately 10.000 to 14.000 kWh of energy.
What are your load-bearing walls behind your 5cm of glass wool. :?:

I guess you have double glazing. :?:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 16/04/12, 09:58

The walls are in stone about 50 cm, yes well on double glazing, but the house is not very well exposed.
But the question I asked myself above all is what do you think of the 5.3 cop?
I was also thinking of recovering the air from my cellar with an insulated flexible duct and a small fan, and sending it behind the outdoor unit to recover a few more calories. There is a well in the cellar could I recover the air in the well.
Of course using the well water would be more advantageous but overpriced!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/12, 10:45

5.3 it is possible but it will only happen under certain conditions ... in any case it would make an interesting addition to your wood heating (which should be kept during "cold weather").

Maloche (and many others) does the same in addition to fuel oil it works quite well.

Topic to read: https://www.econologie.com/forums/remplaceme ... t4651.html (among other things, do a search: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php )
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/04/12, 11:16

It is all well and good to have a cop advertised by the huge manufacturer, but how do you check it then? how to know whether to use the heat pump or some other means of heating

only solution, avoid air air cap: prefer a water water cap thanks to the possibility of putting a heat meter on the water circuit to calculate the real COP ... and get the bazaar changed under warranty if the coop provided is not obtained

the smaller the temperature difference between the cold source and the heating circuit, the larger the cop

the floor heating is the best way to heat with the lowest temperature: if the fan coil of an air cap works at as low a temperature as a floor heating it makes unpleasant cold air flow: it is necessary to blow hotter therefore worse cop

you're talking about a well: a well is a good way to have water that is never too cold, to operate a water heat pump with the best possible COP

are you talking about turbine, water mill? so you have water for a water cap
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 16/04/12, 11:40

The problem with water heaters is that they are very expensive and therefore very difficult to amortize. A good air / air cap is about 1300 euros plus the break. What do you think of the idea of ​​recovering warm air from the well, and from the cellar in which is the well which is about 70m3 with aeration exterior?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/12, 11:44

raymon wrote:What do you think of the idea of ​​recovering lukewarm air from the well, and from the cellar in which is the well which is about 70m3 with external ventilation?

This is to think about: the humidity that will condense on the external battery would further increase the COP! You will have invented the condensing air cap : Cheesy:

Must now see the outfit over time: there are tropical classifications for refrigerators (air conditioning, freezer ...)

Putting it in the cellar is akin to the idea I put forward a while ago to put the external battery in the crawlspace ... remains to be seen if the ground has time to warm up the foundation slab faster than watts are only pumped ... otherwise it's a thermal disaster!
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 16/04/12, 12:23

This is to think about: the humidity that will condense on the external battery would further increase the COP! You will have invented the Cheesy Grin condensing air cap

For the well I could just make a loop of 10m of pipe in the well taking the air in the cellar and avoid humidity .. Not very expensive since this system I could install it myself.
0 x