Tips before modification central heating wood

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Grandpa wood
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

poorly fitted circuit

by Grandpa wood » 28/12/10, 21:10

Hello,

when my heating engineer did my installation he put a 3-way valve with a 50 kcl boiler drilled in 000 years because the return is below the point of thrust as in the plan.
with the 4-way valve I have a boiler of 40kcal and a much better temperature in the house and instead of consuming 000 steres on average I am at 40 steres
So the whole problem comes from the lack of a 4-way valve, the cooker is sufficient for power.
In my boiler circuit I have a DHW tank of 200 l which largely covers our needs for 6 people and a consumption of 1000l day cold water.
for the expansion tank in the open air just a 20 l can at the highest point of the house at 30 € I do not see the additional expensive equipment
For me, the 2 300-liter tanks are useless, it's the new fad of installers. My boiler returns to boiling when the draft trap is blocked by a small piece of wood when filling. it happens once or twice a year
0 x
Grandpa wood
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mounting error

by Grandpa wood » 30/12/10, 09:57

Hello,

I drew up the plan and made the priorities in color after a few moments
a 3-way valve is good for a fuoil gas installation because there is complete automation and the return is never below the dew point of the boiler and above all there is no risk of producing cold water which arrives directly on a cast iron wall heated red by grease !!!!!
the 4-way valve keeps the boiler circuit above 60 ° and sends the necessary calories into the radiator circuit
the map.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: circuit badly mounted

by oiseautempete » 30/12/10, 10:52

Grandpa Bois wrote:Hello,

For me, the 2 300-liter tanks are useless, it's the new fad of installers.

With central heating with wood, balloons are essential because wood is not a stable system: one stroke heats to death, one stroke not enough.
I have a friend who made a big installation in his old little insulated farm (only the roof, on 250m² of living space) and he has 8m3 of balloons heated to 85 ° in less than 2 hours (his boiler, with reverse draft, is very powerful and huge consumption of wood during the 2 hours of heating). The 8M3 is enough to heat all day by -10 ° C (the farm is 900m above sea level) ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/12/10, 12:07

An expansion tank is not a pressure relief valve which, for its part, must be very close to the boiler while the tank can be removed from it.
If an open vessel is used, it must be vertical to the boiler and the connecting tube must have an appropriate diameter. these are basic rules, yes.
I still do not see the need to put a 3-way motorized valve for storage management while in the initial diagram this is done alone ...
0 x
Grandpa wood
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mounting error

by Grandpa wood » 30/12/10, 12:27

Hello
my house is 240 m² plus DHW for 6 people insulation at 30 years the top is double glazed and unfortunately the bottom only to the north.
I have a DEietrich CS 120 boiler for over 17 years charcoal wood which is always in the manufacturer's catalog.
normally, any boiler is equipped with a draft shutter which allows to modulate the heating and in the back there is in the smoke box a hatch which I open by strong wind.
For my part I find it more economical and other to burn only wood for my instant needs
When you make a big fire to heat 8 m3 of water at 85 ° you have calorie losses necessarily and an over-sized boiler makes the happiness of installers / resellers
my installation is simple does not require automation the minimum of electricity (accelerator of 50 w x2) so in case of not a very small generator allows to operate the heating.
For the expansion vessel I maintain the closest to the boiler and especially no safety valve after x year it is seized and any risk of peter you in the face
these are the rules of an old heating engineer !!
Happy New Year everyone
Grandpa .wood
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/12/10, 12:52

especially no safety valve

Uh, !!
This is verified, regularly, to double or triple !!
The expansion tank instead of the safety valve, dies quickly also porous or broken membrane, even faster than the safety valve !!

The best is the old expansion tank, in the open air at the top of the installation, never dead, with safety valves or valves also, checked !!
We can make a simple safety valve never stuck with gasket and a simple weight on it !!!!!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/12/10, 12:56

Listen to the good sense of pro P Schutt !!
0 x
Grandpa wood
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mounting error

by Grandpa wood » 30/12/10, 13:27

Hello,

it seems to me that since the beginning I have tj the same langague expansion vessel in the open air as close as possible to the start of the boiler in high point !!!

To avoid cluttering the forum in tiring discussion here is my address papy.bois@laposte.net

Happy New Year everyone
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/12/10, 13:55

Often the ancients believe that one can generalize the solutions of their system.
The Papybois circuit was probably designed in large diameters, or even for thermosyphon, boiler outlet within 2 ", large passage radiators (cast iron?) Etc ... Therefore certain solutions such as the open vessel are adequate, but this is no longer true on modern circuits where we see departures of less than 1 ", heat generators placed higher or at the same level as the radiators etc ... In many configurations passive safety devices are not not sufficient or inoperative, active safeguards are needed.

Other reasons have been cited in favor of closed vessels:
- higher operating pressure, delaying the formation of bubbles in the boiler
- no oxygenation of the water, reducing the formation of sludge and deterioration of the balloon.
- no risk of freezing a balloon often placed in the attic
0 x
hebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

: P it works !!!

by hebus » 03/01/11, 07:50

:P Hello and happy new year to all of you!
As promised, I will keep you posted.
I am very pleased to report that the change has made the system much better. It is -4 ° C outside and 20 ° inside the house.
There I have to go to work but I come back to explain myself at greater length.
Thanks again to everyone for your support, advice and help.
0 x