Reviews photovoltaic system: mono, poly or amorphous?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
hdesch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reviews photovoltaic system: mono, poly or amorphous?

by hdesch » 28/10/09, 08:48

Hello, wishing to install pv panels, knowing that the south facing roof area is 600m² with a slope of 30%, I live in the north of France, and I have a budget 36000 €, what do you advise me as type of panels (mono, poly or amorphous) for a maximum of production?
Thank you
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/10/09, 09:05

Do not panic, with your budget you can install 6800 Wc in mono that will take 48m².
You also have to see what type of roof, built-in assembly or not, billing in reduced VAT rate or to a taxable VAT.
Given your location, you could ogle the side of Belgian installers.

Amorphous is only interesting if installation costs are reduced.
(Style lay all the bazaar in a day on bins on a flat business roof)

Considering your surface, you can possibly orient yourself towards panels "a little old fashioned" which have a lower yield per m².

Attention, beyond 5 KWc, it is generally necessary to inject in three-phase
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
hdesch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hdesch » 28/10/09, 09:28

Thank you for your answer.
The roof is in black eternity, it will be non-integrated and reduced vat rate.
The installation is in three-phase 380 v.
5.3 € the kWc .... we can do better?
Have a good day
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/09, 09:38

hdesch wrote:5.3 € the kWc .... we can do better?
Have a good day

The Wc I presume :)

Yes we can do better but it is not the subsidies that will help ... I understand! : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/10/09, 08:22

hdesch wrote:Thank you for your answer.
The roof is in black eternity, it will be non-integrated and reduced vat rate.
The installation is in three-phase 380 v.
5.3 € the kWc .... we can do better?
Have a good day

Well I took an average Belgian price. it is not yet a very large installation. You also have to see what signs have put: Chinese "old-fashioned overstock" or Sanyo HIT ....
I heard this morning that a company Ensival (region of Verviers) had had 500.000 euros installed PV on a metal roof. In fact, if I understood correctly, they glued amorphous PVs that could be unrolled on a rolled steel roof. Big advantage compared to poly and monos: much lighter, no rails.
We must also consider the structure of the roof: Eternit on wood frame, much less expensive than on metal frame.

Make quotes, you'll see.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
hdesch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hdesch » 29/10/09, 12:57

A Belgian company proposes to me a installation in mono PV Enfinity-185M5 of Chinese manufacture for the price (complete installation) of 4.7 € TVAC / Wc.
It sounds interesting but what should you choose ... hi tech or old-fashioned ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/10/09, 13:38

It is a good price and 185 Wc is very good. Beware, however, the Chinese often sell 185 plus or minus X%, and it's usually less. If you want to annoy the supplier, you require the individual test sheets of each panel!

I'm curious to see what the French will offer you.
0 x
hdesch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hdesch » 29/10/09, 20:11

Here are the characteristics of the "Chinese" panels, ... are they valid for the price?
With an installation of 7700Wc the seller advises me a single inverter, is he right?
thank you and good evening
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/10/09, 20:58

1) the datasheet, it's one thing, the test sheets, it's another

2) yes, if it is a three-phase inverter: beyond 5 KWC, network managers require three-phase feedback., Otherwise, you need 3 inverters.

Is your network a network 230-400 with neutral ????

(which allows to use less expensive "transform less" inverters.
0 x
hdesch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hdesch » 30/10/09, 07:33

The network is in 400 v with neutral.
I am waiting for another quotation "Norwegian panels" it will certainly be more expensive but also of another quality ... and more ecological (-of km) ..
0 x