Ceramic Filter Replacement for Water Recovery

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
gouttedo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ceramic Filter Replacement for Water Recovery

by gouttedo » 21/01/09, 15:08

Hello,

I recently installed a rainwater recovery system at home, I currently have a 10 micron particle filter and an activated carbon filter. In addition, the water inlet in the tank is equipped with a 20 micron filter.
I also had a ceramic filter but it had to be removed because of its too low flow rate (300 L / hour).

I would like to be able to use this water for the shower what would you advise me in addition to the existing system to replace the ceramic filter knowing that I am rather opposed to the UV system? (its influence on water seems harmful to me)

I also plan to install an osmosis under the sink for drinking water, couldn't the ceramic filter replace it?

Have you heard of any harmful effect of reverse osmosis on the quality of drinking water?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/09, 17:32

I do not have an answer to your question but your testimony is precisely what I said here a few hours ago: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post113055.html#113055

For the reverse osmosis unit: on rainwater or on mains water, in the first case, you may cost more than bottled water!

Do not drink 100% reverse osmosis water otherwise there is a risk of deficiency of certain minerals. That’s all I can say about RO water and health ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 21/01/09, 18:07

Take a look at Ptit pierrot, there may be what you are looking for.
http://www.ec-eau-logis.info/
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
gouttedo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gouttedo » 22/01/09, 09:09

Thank you for your answers and the link forum ;)

Opinions are divided on the recovery of rainwater, my goal being to be long-term autonomous :P

Do not hesitate if you have other information.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 09:12

gouttedo wrote:my goal being to be autonomous in the long term :P

For drinking water, you can be it from your water supplier: but not from your filter or electricity supplier ... and when the annual invoice for RO cartridges is greater than the invoice for I wonder where the water is?

Ecological? Probably only in appearances ...
0 x
gouttedo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gouttedo » 22/01/09, 10:24

In fact I think I'm not going to use osmosis as a filtration system, I'm just going to put the ceramic filter before the sink for drinking water.

So, you only have to change the carbon and particle filter 10 microns from time to time. I sincerely believe that I am working in the right direction and that I am not an ecotartuff : Cheesy:

You can be from your electricity supplier, but not in the standards, I think to do something in the standards later, but adaptable in solitary case if necessary (several friends have spoken to me, to dig I am not not electrician ...).
For filters it is a fact, we can always make a large stock, or inquire to find additional materials usable in case of stock shortage (not yet dig this track)

Knowing that the future plays on all daily details, I hope that you do not use your car when you can walk etc ... You preach a convinced, if you think like me. I came here because I did not think that using rainwater could be so complex and I try to be consistent with my ideas.

My goal is to be autonomous, to consume local in the maximum of things and I let you discover the interest : Wink:
0 x