Anti 4x4 take action "deflation"

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
mimouss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mimouss » 06/02/08, 07:37

Antoine67: No matter how well your tongue hangs out like a chandelier at the Chateau de Versailles, I will still make the effort to answer.
My answer will be a little different from the ecological answers since I only answer with sitation which will bring arguments and not sterile ecologists "hearsay"

1 / Ecological argument 1: It stinks, it pollutes

http://www.starterre.fr/voiture-auto/em ... /index.php
The 4x4 rumor.

Some people with unclear intentions periodically embark on operations as inappropriate as they are dangerous to stigmatize 4-wheel drive: deflated or punctured tires, intervention with city officials to ban 4-wheel drive in the city, etc.

These people have in some unknown interest a psychosis around 4-wheel drive vehicles.

Although our historical activities have led us to a very important experience in the field of 4x4, we also distribute all the more conventional vehicles.

Starting from the simple principle that the motorist cannot necessarily have two vehicles, for personal use, on the one hand and for family use on the other hand, we have carried out an exhaustive analysis of taxable 8cv vehicles and more. approved for circulation in France (source ADEME).

It is in this segment that we find in particular station wagons, large MPVs, spacious sedans.

This analysis led us to identify more than 2400 vehicles (2448)

We then identified the least polluting 4x4s (ISUZU D Max 2,5 L, NISSAN NAVARRA 2,5L, HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2,2L).

These vehicles emit 214 g CO2 / km.

We then counted how many, among these 2448 vehicles, emitted as much or more than 214 g of CO2 / km ..
We found 1662, i.e. 68% of vehicles ! ! !

Suffice to say that if we were to prohibit the circulation in town of 4x4s and all vehicles also or more polluting, it would be infinitely easier to circulate, this would amount to prohibiting the use of 50% of vehicles ... .

But are all these individuals with alleged ecological aims ready to do without their station wagon, their minivan, their combi, etc ...?

So, you have to know reason to keep, and it is the case of 4-wheel drive like all other vehicles: Some pollute more than others, it is up to the user to be vigilant during his purchase.

2 / Ecolo arguments 2: CA pollutes:

calculation of Internet users:

An individual releases an average of 4 liters of pulmonary air per minute.
Lung air contains on average 5% CO2.
So an individual releases on average 0,25l of CO2 per minute.
If I take into account the results of the last legislative elections in 2007, 3,9% of French people are green, so 3,9% of 64 inhabitants or 473 green.
These people therefore release 628l of CO613 per minute.
The density of CO2 is 1,87 kg / m3.
So the ecologists of France reject 1g of CO175 per minute.
So I come to the point that if all the ecologists in France made the little effort to hold their breath for one minute per hour. Which does not seem disproportionate for people determined to save their planet anyway. We would avoid the release into the atmosphere of:
1 x (175 x 506) = 24 grams of CO365 per year
or almost 10 tonnes.

3 / Green argument 3: pollution is only due to 4x4:

Two maddening figures:

The first is that CO2 emissions from international aviation in the European Union increased by 73% between 1990 and 2003.

The second is that the number of flights in the European Union is expected to more than double by 2020.

Several scenarios even suggest the possibility that it represents 25% of anthropogenic emissions by 2030, in particular because of the declining share of other sources that will have been placed under state control.

We are not talking, for the moment at least, about this enormous contribution to global warming.

Ecotourism or not, it's polluting if you choose the plane as a means of transport!

A single passenger in an airplane emits around 140 grams of CO2 per kilometer compared to 100 grams of CO2 per kilometer for an average motorist. And he travels tens of thousands of kilometers!

CO2 emissions from civil aviation are all the more important since, being emitted directly into the Earth's upper atmosphere, they have twice the capacity to capture solar radiation if we compare them to those of cars on the ground.

In addition, passenger air transport does not only emit CO2:
Nitrogen oxides (NOx) emitted by airplanes react quickly and have an impact on the greenhouse effect, both warming through the formation of tropospheric ozone (O3) and cooling through the degradation of methane (CH4).

Aerodromes distribute more than 27% of the fuels produced in the world.

MY PERSONAL OPINION:

You think you have understood the root of the problem but you have completely missed the point : Lol:

You tackle the real 4x4, which at 90%, is really used in all terrain (leisure or not, that's not the problem), these are vehicles that generally do not run a lot.
Regarding SUVs, you will really have to stop your pignole ...
a guy who drives in cayenne, you take away from him, he will drive in 911 turbo, no change on CO2 emissions.
The majority of SUVs sold are "clean" I know that is not really suitable as a term ... but they have TDIs that do not consume that much and there is room to put FAP, post-cat, cat. , and pre-cat, etc ...
The depollution is much more important there than on the low segment ...
isuzu Dmax 2.5l Diesel = 214g / km = 85.6g / km per liter of displacement
Clio 1.5l DCI FAP = 126g / km = 84g / km per liter of displacement
Twingo 1.2 = 143g / km = 119.77g / km per liter of displacement
A cyclist on the Tour de France spits out on average 200g / km

therefore the pollution of a car is quite relative ...
it is clear that despite identical performance, a large engine pollutes more but SUV engines are the same as sedans ... and sedans with their options manage to exceed the weight of suvs ...
So you are tackling a tiny part of the problem,
think of the 3.0TDI taxi which runs at 100000km / year within the city walls in all major cities,
think of the thousands of buses that run empty for half the day,
think of planes that spill their kero just before landing on each flight,
think of the thousands of trucks that leave loaded and come back empty,
think of the thousands of advertisements that we receive every day,
think of the thousands of tons of over-packaging that we produce each year,
think of the tons due to the reposting of national roads (every 3/4 years to be able to maintain budgets),
think of the millions of computers that run every day to tell unverified pseudo-true truths,
think of the 80% of the countries which pollute enormously more than us and which, them, have nothing to do to reduce their pollution,
think of the millions of people who run for pleasure and who release more CO2 than if they were staying at home ...

etc, I can continue as for quite a while
0 x