System for recovering the kinetic energy

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
The Guit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

System for recovering the kinetic energy

by The Guit » 05/12/08, 10:52

Bonjour.

: Idea: I would need help to understand how the kinetic energy recovery system works on an electric car because I would like to incorporate it into my ecological car design project.

If you know of links that could clarify me or if you know yourself, I await your answers.

Thank you in advance :D
0 x
You respect your house so do the same for your planet !!!! "earth respect"
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 05/12/08, 19:21

Uh, well, it uses the electric motor, powered by the kinetic energy of the car, as a generator to recharge the battery ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/12/08, 19:25

Go see the forum MPRBC of my signature, we talk about it at the end ...
0 x
Rabelaisian
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Rabelaisian » 13/12/08, 15:03

You have to see if the flywheel has a weight and a volume compatible with your project. An English manufacturer uses one for its mini-dramas, which are supplied with electricity only at stopping points http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr&q= ... a=N&tab=wi
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 15:30

Hello,

I am talking about KERS for information.

It is not compatible with all vehicles.

On the other hand, only an ultra-compact motor favors energy storage, in particular by flywheel, but other ways are also to be considered (pneumatic, electric ...)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 13/12/08, 17:59

an important point for the recovery in electric traction:
since the charging and discharging of a battery are not immediate chemical phenomena, regenerative braking is very ineffective because it is too short to start charging the battery.
a solution to get around this: the super-caps which load very quickly and then re-load.

personally I think that pneumatic recovery would be simple and inexpensive to implement on an electric vehicle.
Unlike full pneumatic traction (MDI style), short and intermittent use in positive / negative is well suited to the tire.
0 x
Click my signature
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 18:42

Quite Dirk Pitt, supercaps or pneumatic storage: these are the 2 promising solutions for regenerative braking for cars. : Idea:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/12/08, 19:50

when there is a battery capable of giving power to accelerate, it is necessarily capable of absorbing the same power to brake

but of course in case of emergency the braking power is higher than the normal power of the engine, so you have to use conventional brakes that do not recover anything

to recover kinetic energy well, you must always slow down gradually and not brake at the last moment: by driving well the classic brakes will almost never be used

no need to put compressed air in an electric vehicle: it is for a hybrid that the compressed air is interesting: I believe much more in a hybrid thermal + compressed air than thermal + electric

an air tank is heavier than a battery of the same capacity, but in hybrid a very low capacity would suffice but a too small battery does not support charging and discharging too fast: compressed air supports it very well
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 13/12/08, 20:31

No need to tire of imagining complex systems to recover not much.
Just take a few encrypted examples to realize this, encrypted examples that you will not find in the sales pitch that tout these systems.

By driving a normal car in anticipation of stops, you already recover most of the kinetic energy.

As long as it is not at a complete stop, the car consumes energy to move forward, so it consumes it throughout the deceleration phase. What it consumes can obviously not be recovered and stored in the battery.

To recover all the kinetic energy there is a foolproof method which consists in entering a wall. We thus go directly from V m / s to 0 m / s without consuming energy during deceleration.

It works every time, but only once.

This kind of device is part of the general smoking of the good people so that they convince themselves that their fate depends on the genius of the car manufacturers when it would be enough for the latter to do just their job.

If you have electric traction, you obviously have to recover. It's better to produce a few Wh than to rub things so that they heat up. The systems already in place for traction are of course quite effective for this recovery and as they are already in place, no other system which would have to be added, could do better
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/12/08, 20:43

kinetic energy recovery is useful for an electric vehicle, unfortunately, necessarily heavy

for a vehicle with the lightest possible thermal engine, I doubt the utility of the recovery, as I doubt the utility of the thermal + electric hybrid in medium driving

the hybrid with recovery is more interesting for vehicles that stop and start a lot: bus, garbage truck, loaders and backhoe loaders ... in addition, they are machines that are used full time!
Last edited by chatelot16 the 13 / 12 / 08, 21: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x