Lift the max speed on highway

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 23/05/06, 23:30

I have not towed heavy loads to 160 obviously .... and would not do it for obvious safety reasons .. with a double axles and a car on it, I go out of these standards obviously.

I did 500.000 km with a small 360 2L, 300 kg of tools and equipment in the trunk, and very low consumption up to 170 ... that lde the highway and the main road. 8.5L on average, 9 L at donf on the highway. or 190 / 200. (at the time).

By towing, however, I consumed up to 14 L ... this record the day I brought an agricultural tractor on a double axle, and on small roads. but it's out of the ordinary.
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 23/05/06, 23:53

I'm starting to understand what surprises you ... because if some people seem to doubt my good faith (I have no interest in giving a bad figure) I always imagine my interlocutor in good faith for my part. Professional distortion no doubt.

The size of the routes, and the fluidity. Homris the 3 km that I do to regain the main road, and a few roundabouts from time to time, I do not leave the 5th, and make trips of 250 km minimum in general.

In fact, on leave, I drive very little, not fast, and consume more.

When I go up to Brest, it's all right .... while in 5th ... the engine purrs, nothing wears out.

On the 360, 500.000 km, the clutch is original, while in town, I would have probably changed it 2 or 3 times.

my goal is just to show you, that people drive, a lot, a little quickly could be, and in any case really better at 160 than 130.

Until Sarko went public, everyone was) 160 on the highway ... of course, excluding holidays.

Here, end of controversy for me, it was not the goal. If someone wants to do a pro tour with me and check my fill, it is without worries, by MP obviously for the dates.

Mas I wonder why we do not give us trains everywhere ... to go to VERDUN, we did have a station in each village! Even if you want to take it easy, take advantage of the time to do your work or read ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/05/06, 17:45

Some links to understand that we cannot reasonably announce that we consume less at 160 km / h than at lower (motorway) speeds ...
(all conditions equal otherwise)

http://eteaching.free.fr/Courspremierep ... ctions.pdf

http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/tech/1/135.htm

http://www.mit.jyu.fi/mweber/consommation/

http://www.gs-gsa.org/?p=tips
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/06/06, 20:19

Study published in Auto-bild, German car mag.

Consumption increases exponentially with speed ...

I would have to get my hands on it again but the car to defeat any category is the Touareg above 200 and reaches a small 66,7 L per cent ...

These are tests done on an impressive number of cars.
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 06/06/06, 00:02

At one time, we would have released so much connection on the flatness of the earth ....
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 06/06/06, 09:23

Bad liver, good I have to get my hands on these circuit tests.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 06/06/06, 10:26

Hi everybody.

Say month Knut, there is an element that you seem to have hidden in your reasoning. I would not talk about the consumption which (although leaving me doubtful) has already been widely discussed in this thread.

The point that I would like to submit to you is the following: your Volvo “feels better” at 160 km / h. Very good. You drive better at 160Km / h because more vigilant. I am willing to admit it.
I think everyone will agree with me if I say that the average French driver already having trouble respecting speed limits, it is out of the question for the majority to drive below of these same speeds.

So, a speed limit on a highway raised to 150 km / h would imply that almost everyone would drive at this speed (even a little above, we do not change our habits like that).

Yet AND THAT'S THE RUB, not everyone can afford to buy, maintain and insure a big road. And, if an emergency braking at 150Km / h (imagine a truck by doubling another hidden behind a false flat) can relatively easily be mastered on a wide road road equipped with ABS, EFU and other safety abbreviations, it it is not the same for a twingo or an AX which however can more or less approach these speeds.

Going up to max speed would therefore amount to favoring the wealthy while endangering the lives of the vast majority.

This is why, and without any animosity towards you, your position still seems to me a bit selfish.
It would be sustainable if you drove alone on the road. Unfortunately, and this is an element that is often omitted in a lot of reasoning on road traffic, the road, we share it, and not necessarily with good drivers who drive in reliable and well-maintained cars. I'm not even talking about untimely crossings of deer-type animals which, following the disappearance of their natural predators, have multiplied enormously.
Last edited by Targol the 06 / 06 / 06, 16: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/06/06, 15:32

Knut wrote:At one time, we would have released so much connection on the flatness of the earth ....
Yeah of course the flatness of the earth was of course measured, controlled, verified by countless scholars who resented this poor misunderstood genius of Eratosthenes ... : roll:

What is the Cx of a Volvo 245 already?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/06/06, 15:43

Are you sure you don't have a leak in your tank?

This could explain that: "The faster you drive, the less you drive for a long time" ... (to paraphrase a certain Mikhail: the faster you drive the less you pollute for a long time :D )

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Otherwise Bucheron, a lot of pdf ... Shame that the consumption curve / 100 = f (speed) is only drawn between 50 and 120 because we don't see the increase at low speeds..In this sense I do not agree at all with the 2nd curve of this page http://www.mit.jyu.fi/mweber/consommation/ which is purely theoretical and does not take into account the engine efficiency curve (very far from being constant or even linear !!).

Should find a real curve ... I know I have already seen one but then where ????

The last curve is, on the other hand, interesting to know at such or such speed or passes the energy;)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/06/06, 16:51

Hello Targol

Completely agree with you
Large tanks here there are Corvettes of Cadillacs, Camaro, Lincoln ect .. they can all drive at 200kmh and are very comfortable, they have big engines, but it respects the speed limits, and as you say it early in the morning or at night despite the fences the Elks and the deers are not all on the boards, they are on the road, a moose is like a horse higher on its legs. There are also times on the road a large rubber debris left by truck tires, at 200 km / h you take off when you drive over it.
When a car that consumes less at 160kmh than at 110kmh
It’s the first time I’ve heard such a thing.
On no plane that I tested I made a similar observation, it consumes all more with the speed, that is to say that their autonomy decreases greatly, and yet if there is a machine that aerodynamics comes into play this is the top ..

Knut passes your license, and pilot planes you will have speed (speed) and again you will see that you are limited, the engine has revs to respect ...

Andre
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."