Operation of rotary engine Russian-Auto Ë ë-mobile

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 14/01/11, 19:16

Regarding the machining of the torus, it does not seem to me to require an assembly in 2 parts: a bore in a one-piece molded casing seems to me possible from the inside (connection side of the pistons towards central flange) ... on a machining center we must be able to do this in a fairly conventional way (finishing pass with diamond tool) with an accuracy comparable to that of the parts of an ordinary piston engine, with good regulation of the t ° during the machining and a serious study of the stresses of tightening deformations.
Variations in shape are the main problem (bending of the tools + clamping deformations), those in dimensions can be easily controlled with a system of "classes", which is also the case on certain standard engine parts. (at one time it was even generalized) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/01/11, 19:29

Hello everybody

I found a moment to speak on this subject ...

The proposed engine is absolutely not conceptually new: it is part of the family of toroidal or toroidal motors with coaxial rotary pistons.

In this family, there are the coaxial pistons in reciprocating movement, and those which are continuously in rotation in a moving away / approaching cat / mouse type.

Among the known and almost twin engines of the Russian engine, there are MYT developed by Angellabs USA,

With different technical choices on the cat / mouse mechanism, there are also Edouard Bonnefous's Tornado engine (France).

Rotoblock had in its time recovered the toroidal concept, modified the synchronization of the pistons that became alternative, the engine block was turning.

As indicated Citrus, the origins of toroidal motors are even older ...

To come back to the substance: I don't understand why this Russian manufacturer takes so much risk on its engine when it says it wants to market its series hybrid car in the short term.

Either it has clear-cut innovations on the control of the segmentation and the machining of its engine, or it seeks to make publicity and the product will not succeed industrially in the short term.

If he seriously planned to build his car within the timeframe he suggests, with reliability, he would have to recover a good old Briggs and Straton 4 stroke ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

toroidal motor

by Janic » 14/01/11, 20:37

Given the limited space left free, a tool would not pass and the molding would be too complex. MYT and Russian are in two half shells. In any case, this would not solve the leakage problems which are the number one enemy of engines with high compression ratios. The classic piston engine only leaks at the segment level and then through wear and ovalization of the cylinders (reduced by MCE5 systems).
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Toroidal motor

by oiseautempete » 15/01/11, 15:51

Janic wrote:Given the limited space left free, a tool would not pass and the molding would be too complex. MYT and Russian are in two half shells. In any case, this would not solve the leakage problems which are the number one enemy of engines with high compression ratios. The classic piston engine only leaks at the segment level and then through wear and ovalization of the cylinders (reduced by MCE5 systems).

To have a clean heart it would be necessary to have the plan of the casing, but at sight of nose there is largely the place for the passage of a boring tool of large section: a digital machine can introduce the tool by complex movements , no need to go straight as with a conventional machine ...
Indeed the MCE5 has linear piston translations like on a ship's engine ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 15/01/11, 19:19

A rotary tool that is not very easy to bore and this precisely while the half toroid rotates on its center!

So not really a problem for precision machining!

The ignorance of machining techniques makes this seem complicated!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

toroidal motor

by Janic » 16/01/11, 11:49

Assuming this possible execution, how do we fit the pistons into this strand?
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 16/01/11, 12:05

Good question :D
but the purpose of the demonstration is to validate the possibility of machining block assembled (on centering pins) which ensures perfect alignment of the parts without any seal (such as 2cv cylinder heads for example) ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/01/11, 16:16

Janic wrote:Assuming this possible execution, how do we fit the pistons into this strand?

To be more precise; the rotary tool has the right diameter of the piston and its game and naturally I spoke of half torus so no problem to insert the pistons!

There is still a doubt about the joint between these 2 half toroids and especially the base where the piston is taken!

We will surely have more detail in the future if the Russians keep their promise!
0 x

Alain
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 16/01/11, 19:10

Alain G wrote:There is still a doubt about the joint between these 2 half toroids and especially the base where the piston is taken!

as I already said in my previous message, if it worked without a joint between the cylinder heads and cylinders of 2cv, without problem for 40 years, it is certainly also possible to do the same on this engine with rectified joint plans. ..the base or pass the transmission of movement, that is something else, but the form is simple, much easier to solve, I think, than on a Wankel ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/01/11, 19:35

oiseautempete wrote:
Alain G wrote:There is still a doubt about the joint between these 2 half toroids and especially the base where the piston is taken!

as I already said in my previous message, if it worked without a joint between the cylinder heads and cylinders of 2cv, without problem for 40 years, it is certainly also possible to do the same on this engine with rectified joint plans. ..the base or pass the transmission of movement, that is something else, but the form is simple, much easier to solve, I think, than on a Wankel ...

Yes, but does a 2 CV engine last 300 km without being rebuilt?

PS: I'm not so used to this car even if I know it well enough!

Agree with you that the sealing challenge is simpler than on the Wankel!
:D
0 x

Alain