Operation of rotary engine Russian-Auto Ë ë-mobile

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Operation of rotary engine Russian-Auto Ë ë-mobile

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 02:24

I create this topic following https://www.econologie.com/forums/e-auto-e-m ... 10355.html and the few doubts that many of us have expressed about advanced performance and technology.

The purpose of this topic is to try to do some analysis on this new rotary engine which, on paper, seems a little too beautiful (Euro5, 100kW for 35 kg for example.

Let's start from the following "data":

a) Slideshow http://www.slideshare.net/onexim/yomobile

b) Video https://www.econologie.com/moteur-rotati ... -4320.html

Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 01 / 11, 18: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 02:28

Messages from: https://www.econologie.com/forums/e-auto-e-m ... 10355.html

Alain G wrote:Well I have replayed the video and it seems that the pistons are lubricated between the 2 segments and we clearly see 2 oil circulation pipes on the engine cover side piston, there is still a flat on the inside pistons or sealing has yet to create a problem but not insurmountable.

We already mentioned this engine on the site but I do not remember where!

Here is the beast that does not seem to have been invented by the Russians, it is called MYT (Massive Yet Tiny):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfE8eiZv ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPc06A8F ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfjAqxVi ... ature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kARq0mUcXu0&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-PJXIj ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEbztw3p ... re=related

On the same principle by a French and I believe already posted by Pascal or Raymond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWnSJl5 ... re=related

Alain G wrote:Unfortunately for sure, it's still American!

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory: ... %29_Engine

Official website:
http://www.angellabsllc.com/

ME Theory

* 1. The Mighty Engine ™ ("ME") is very small and simple. The prototype has a 14 inch and is 14 inches long. It weighs 150lbs. There are only 26 moving parts, 31 shares total. These are simple, physical facts. The first prototype uses diesel or biodiesel for fuel. (The ME design fits in the context of the application of the engine.) Through two revolutions of its crankshaft, the ME firing cycle is equivalent to a 32 cylinder reciprocating engine, which is, it fires 32 times. As a result, its displacement is equivalent to an 848 cubic inch reciprocating engine, despite its compactness. (3.1416 * (3) (3) * 3.75) / 4 * 32 = 848 cubic inches, with a 3 "boron and 3.75" stroke, four stroke cycle and thirty two firings. The design is also modular. Additional units can be connected to increase power. The ME is actually a large (extremely efficient organized) displacement internal combustion engine; therefore its high horsepower output. Moreover, with the high number of cylinders firing in close order, a high number of pulses are generated for high torque, but with the friction and parasitic losses discussed below. (ME efficiency and the ability to use biofuels reduces our dependency on foreign oil.)

* 2. At 150lbs, the basic ME design needs only to produce 3,000 hp from 848 cubic inches to produce 20 to 1 power to weight ratio. (We are assuming that 4 hp per cubic inch of displacement.) Racing engines based on 5 + hp per cubic inch of displacement with Super / Turbo Charge.With Normally Aspirated, it will require minimum 850 horse powers.) To our knowledge, only the latest generation has finally attained 20 to 1 power to weight ratio. By replacing the rear cover of the ME and connecting another ME chamber assembly (adding two inches in length and a little extra weight) the ME becomes a 64 cylinder engine with 1,695 cubic inches raising the power to weight ratio up to 40 to 1.

* 3. Since the ME lacks the 80% of the parts normally found in a reciprocating internal combustion engine that is responsible for high friction and parasitic losses, this normally increases the output of the ME.

* 4. Normally, in a compression ignition (diesel) engine, combustion begins @ TDC (Top Dead Center) @ 0 degree crankshaft position. The expanding gases push the piston on the power stroke, rotating the crankshaft 180 degrees. The piston then returns to TDC pushing the exhaust at the exhaust stroke, rotating the crankshaft another 180 degrees. This is the burning time in a standard engine, a total of 360 degrees duration.

* 5. We have dynamometer, an engine's combustion temperatures is typically measured 2 "from the exhaust ports, on the premise that the combustion temperature is very close to exhaust temperature. This is due to the zero degree duration @ TDC and the 360 degrees running duration of a standard engine. However, if @TDC, the piston is allowed to stay longer, it will burn more fuel and air mixture in the combustion chamber than oxygen or fuel theoretically runs out the end of the power stroke, so totally the combustion process and drastically lowering the exhaust temperature of the exhaust stroke.

* 6. The ME design allows the piston dwells to be adjustable and the prototype is now approximately 12 degrees of the crankshaft rotation, thus approaching the perfection of a complete burn of all fuel. Its exhaust gases are much cooler. As a result:

* More energy is harnessed for the same amount of fuel and air input.

* There is less fuel to continue to burn at the exhaust stroke.

* There is less waste and pollution

* 7. The higher compression ratios used in diesel engines result in greater thermal expansion of gases in the cylinder. The end result is a high percentage of fuel energy being converted into useful power. (When running the ME with Bio fuels, the same fuel is used to lubricate the crankcase.) In the ME design, 70 has a compression ratio as high as: 1 can be attained due to the absence of the restrictive reciprocating components. SPECIFICALLY:

The combustion chambers in the ME have no design limitations due to the absence of valves. (The internal combustion engine is an air pump, air flow through intake and exhaust air flow is one way.)

* There are no items in the cylinder. All the parts are proven designs used in reciprocating engines.

* The entire engine acts as a heat sink and a radiator. It is both air and oil cooled.

* There is no thrust loading on piston skirts.

* Pistons do not touch the cylinder walls, only the rings do.

* Pistons travel only the same direction. No reciprocation, only stop and go.

* There is high potential rpm for all of these reasons.

There are no cylinder heads, no cam shaft, no valves (the ME is equivalent to the bottom end of a reciprocating engine).

* Intake compression and power stroke and exhaust stroke

* AND THE ME DESIGN IS NOT ROTARY OR WANKEL

Source: http://www.angellabsllc.com/ME%20theory.html

0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 11/01/11, 08:39

In any case this pendulum piston concept is much better off the road than the Quasiturbine that I do not imagine to be able to operate correctly in thermal mode, especially because of lubrication problems and fouling (= blocking segments) and too long form combustion chambers and heat removal (and resulting deformations), the same problems as on a Wankel with the same solutions so ... except that on a Wankel Mazda engineers have found quite a lot improvements ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 12:31

Why do you find the concept "pendulum pistons" better? Can you develop a little more? For me there is the same sealing problem, right?

How long did it take Mazda to make an "acceptable" version of its engine? Is there a modern version that passes Euro 4 or 5 pollution standards?
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 11/01/11, 13:23

For sealing, the segments are cylindrical (round) and not oblong. They have the same shape as a classic engine (from what I see in the pictures).
The shape of the compression / combustion chamber will be an arched cylinder, not an arched half-moon like the quasi-turbine.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/01/11, 14:38

oiseautempete wrote:In any case this pendulum piston concept is much better off the road than the Quasiturbine that I do not imagine to be able to operate correctly in thermal mode, especially because of lubrication problems and fouling (= blocking segments) and too long form combustion chambers and heat removal (and resulting deformations), the same problems as on a Wankel with the same solutions so ... except that on a Wankel Mazda engineers have found quite a lot improvements ...

The quasiturbine does not work and it is well known, just like the Air Pod!

The problem of sealing pistons is well existing on this new engine concept, the junction 2 half parts of room is to watch too, the US engine has round pistons and the Russian has a flat at the base, the advantage is that the pistons do not rub on the chamber because they are integral with the axis, at worst the replacement of the segments and the bearings will be the only things to replace, the levers are they on bearings ????
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 14:48

sherkanner wrote:They have the same shape as a classic engine (from what I see in the pictures).

Yes except sealing is not done on a cylinder but on a torus! There is therefore a "slight" curvature which may pose many problems, when we know, for example, that conventional pistons are slightly conical to compensate for expansion ...

So yes there is probably worse at the rotary engine but I do not think we have to do to conventional segments ...

Now this solution can be a good mechanical solution.
Must see in practice.

ps: the 750 NR has many pistons / cylinders oblong and is reliable! : Cheesy:
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 11/01/11, 14:49

Christophe wrote:Why do you find the concept "pendulum pistons" better? Can you develop a little more? For me there is the same sealing problem, right?

How long did it take Mazda to make an "acceptable" version of its engine? Is there a modern version that passes Euro 4 or 5 pollution standards?

The Wankel Mazda passes the Euro 4 (they were sold until the end mod 2010), but not the Euro 5, moreover Mazda has already announced the suspension of sales in Europe until 2013 the time of adapt (or not) the Wankel with an acceptable cost technique (they think of gas as fuel)
The Quasiturbine has no lubrication system except the "greased" air, with the same problems of segments seizing, especially at low load, as on the first generation wankels, no hub cooling system central if not the air flow, whose inefficiency has been proven on Norton rotary engines moreover, if I am to believe my information, there are also huge friction problems in thermal mode and there It takes a very significant effort to start (tendency to block) if the rotor is not "pre-launched", which explains the immobility of development: I had made the remark in Saint Hilaire ~ 10 years ago already ...
The Russian pendulum engine has relatively simple and easy-to-seal chamber / piston shapes and efficient chamber shapes for consistent combustion ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 11/01/11, 14:58

Christophe wrote:
Yes except sealing is not done on a cylinder but on a torus! There is therefore a "slight" curvature which may pose many problems, when we know, for example, that conventional pistons are slightly conical to compensate for expansion ...

The standard pistons are roughly in the shape of an oval baric and in fact of much smaller diameter at the level of the piston head (around -0.5mm) to take into account the expansion of this zone exposed to 250 ° C to the maximum (the bottom of the piston is additionally spray-cooled or with an internal oil circulation channel) .The conventional pistons also have an off-axis to compensate for the thrust of the rod when it is tilted, and the shapes are often asymmetrical to compensate for deformations thin (axis, skirt, etc ...) bends, including the engine block itself ...
To manufacture a piston adapted to a torus does not pose insoluble problems, the machining machines which allow it exist since more than 15ans ... I saw them at work during a visit of factory, which manufactured pistons in ... steel for engines of high power trucks (+ of 400cv) ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/01/11, 15:46

: Arrowu: + 1 for the concept of toroidal motor which, however, has nothing new because it was developed by BSA 1938 soon.

Closer to home, the American society ROTOBLOCK has also developed the same engine... : Shock: :?:
0 x