0W40 white oil with anti-wear boron nitride

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/11/08, 20:01

citro wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Has anyone heard of it since?

: Arrowu: "You can repeat the question" :?: : Arrowu:
I can: Has anyone heard of it since?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 10/11/08, 20:18

But he is stupid ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/11/08, 23:06

back to the first question!

for me boron nitride is a hard material to serve as an abrasive: I don't want it in oil

at home I take the cheapest oil and I change often, never more than 5000km, and my engines last a long time ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 10/11/08, 23:26

chatelot16 wrote:back to the first question!
at home I take the cheapest oil and I change often, never more than 5000km, and my engines last a long time ...

+1
I also change the oil filter at each oil change (it costs me more than oil).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/11/08, 11:27

I take distibutor oil, not the cheapest (synthesis), I drain every 10 (it avoids wasting too much oil ...) I change the oil filter every time (imperative on a fuel oil , on gasoline, much less) and my engines last a long time.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/11/08, 21:13

I take distibutor oil, not the cheapest:
- synthesis for the Volvo with hydraulic tappet valves, semi synthesis for the rocker arm safrane, I drain approximately every 15 or every 000 months (it avoids wasting too much oil ...) I change the oil filter all the way the times (imperative, I refuse to mix clean oil with the one left in the oil filter, even if the oil looks clean (LPG does not leave soot) and my engines last a long time.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: White 0W40 anti-wear boron nitride oil

by Lietseu » 12/11/08, 12:48

Christophe wrote:White oil like milk, this seems unexpected to say the least .. But do not trust this soft color that inspires calm and voluptuousness, this oil is the concentrate of ultimate technology that has no equivalence or competition in the market !! A real revolution in the world of lubrication.

http://www.spheretech-europe.com/huile_ ... etech.aspx

ps: sold 99 € for 5L anyway ...

What about Marly's graphite?
What do you think ?

To be continued...
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 12/11/08, 13:04

Gone we go to the other extreme, the BLACK ...

About colloidal graphite suspended in Black Gold oil…

I can confirm that the Marly oil and the additives are of extraordinary quality, many legends run negative about this brand, I came to the conclusion that if the mechanics hated it so much, it was because it put the engines protected from many breakages and premature wear!
I used it on all my machines when I was younger, (35 years ago) powder for the chain of bikes, motorcycles, liquid as an additive on motorcycles, I have never had any breakage or premature wear.
On a Dax, I even avoided the disaster, while the drain plug had been treated treacherously, the engine to be tightened, but without breakage! I'm sure if I hadn't had the colloidal graphite, it would have been done with! Broken rings cylinder scuffed, out after this major incident, and disassembly - I didn't see any signs of abnormal wear, nor of course any breakage - I think that speaks volumes enough, right?

Not used on new engines! Always break in with oils without additives! The pieces must take their places properly.

What saddens me is that we no longer find the cans of additive for engine oil in the old packaging - a one liter "rectangular" can with measuring cap for 5 liters of oil - it was very convenient!

It also seems to me that the prices have increased quite significantly ……
: Mrgreen:
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/11/08, 13:50

: Arrow: I have never tried Marly products, which are well known in the LPG world thanks to the "valve oiler".

On the other hand, I remember very well the "Molygraphite" oils from ANTAR (bought by ELF since). For having seen the removal of a broken engine cubuter cover ... all the empty volumes were stuffed with an uninviting foamy tar. :|
From that day on, I have kept in mind that molygraphite should be avoided ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 12/11/08, 16:05

I wonder if between one and the other, there was not like a difference : Cheesy:

I dismantled two-stroke engines (from broken friends), I saw the carbon that covered the openings, the cylinder head ... the broken rings, the cylinders scratched good for the bore ...

I used Marly's additives for years, I was only happy when I started on the Suzuki 500GT, I could see the engine completely clean and without the slightest trace of wear, neither visually nor after checking with a mechanic who had the tools to take objective measurements… during a maintenance operation scheduled by me. (50.000KM)

So conclusion, there are a lot of "we say" in this area, for me no doubt, the Marly is blessed bread! And the product to add to the fuel, is a blessing for 4 or 2 stroke engines. (Graphite products still exist, especially in the form of Marly-Blackgold)

Poor quality additives (copy of the Marly?) We probably strongly tarnished its reputation with Garagiste who opened here, by the problem engines and we found (like you) graphite stuck in the corners ... but what brand?

One was probably cheap or cheaper than the other, this produced disastrous results for those who used the correct one ...

Greetings from Lietseu
0 x