How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV helicopter-plane?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: How to properly design a VTOL/ADAV aircraft-helicopter?

by Christophe » 04/09/23, 13:35

Thank you Remundo, I saw last night when I got home that there was (on the listing) the INTER action association (we talked about it above)...

Have you seen them? I walked around the living room several times but saw nothing... apparently they were right next to the DGAC, yet I went to see the DGAC yesterday morning...strange...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/09/23, 13:44

I didn't see them, but I wasn't looking for them either.

I am greatly inspired by the knowledge and aeronautical recommendations of the Inter-action association. : Idea:
http://inter.action.free.fr/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/23, 13:49

I wasn't looking for them either but if we had seen them, we would have tilted I think...especially since I was right next to them!

Or is it that they hid very well (no sign...)?

ps: for your videos, remember to switch to FullHD for the following ones... it looks like a video from the 2000s there... :?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/09/23, 14:30

for videos, oh I don't claim to be high quality.

afterwards we get blocked because they are too heavy, so I compress. Already my phone is not full HD.

Here is the pro's website: https://dragonfly-paramotor.fr/videos-dragonfly/
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/09/23, 08:48

Christophe wrote:I would never set foot in a 4-nacelle VTOL...

Well, if you are allowed to carry your Dragonfly on your back :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/23, 10:30

In fact, I don't lose the lift or the aero balance of the machine in the event of an engine or propeller failure... in short, dragonfly is of a safe life design (no risk of death linked to a mechanical failure) and even fail safe ( security redundancy) not quad drones…

On a quad, without carrying wing, physically it is the obligatory tilting and total loss of lift...there is a subject on the ehang and equivalents on the forum...

They compensate by putting contra-rotators but this can only work if the 2 rotors are at less than 50% load in normal use...I doubt that this is the case on all machines...

In the event of battery or flight controller failure, crashes are also guaranteed...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/09/23, 14:00

Christophe wrote:Precisely I do not lose the lift or the aero balance of the machine in the event of a motor or propeller failure… in short, Dragonfly is of a safe life design (no risk of death linked to a mechanical breakdown) and even fail safe ( safety redundancy) …

Um, what if you lose your sail? does the power of your propellers keep you in levitation?
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/23, 14:07

Very funny, sorry but sailing is not Dragonfly...and fake! : Mrgreen:

The paramotor is, by far, the ULM which is the most secure in relation to the number of members and hours of flight...

Quite simply because more engine = 40-45 km/h in paragliding mode...

The risks in paramotor = poor torque management (well, there's no more at all on a DF) and piloting with wings that are too efficient for your piloting level or not suited to PTV...

Collapses in a paramotor are much rarer than in a paraglider because the pilots fly in calmer conditions...

Then there are also collisions but there too in paramotor the air is less dense in things heavier than the air than in paragliding...(I understand...)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/09/23, 15:32

Christophe wrote:Very funny, sorry but sailing is not Dragonfly...and fake! : Mrgreen:

So if it doesn't fly... actually it's quite safe in terms of falling from height... : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/09/23, 15:51

In fact...Why can't a machine like the VTOl be equipped with the same reserve parachute as the microlights?
0 x