How many nuclear power plant + to ride electric?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 18/09/13, 18:01

Christophe wrote:There are also alternative oils...

The most promising (and certainly unknown) is that based on micro algae, complete file: https://www.econologie.com/forums/microalgue ... 10514.html

Micro-algae doped with CO2, itself extracted from a fossil plant .... it is more about GHG recovery than a real alternative to our thirst for energy.

Well, to get back to our plants, it is necessary, to supply a whole national fleet of electric vehicles of average size:

-About 4 central EPR type is 16 / 18 nuclear reactors on a basis of 1600 megawatts per unit.

OU

- 110 GW wind turbine is between 130 000 1000 000 wind turbines ... it all depends on their dimensions (130 000 corresponds to wind turbines 2MW and 100 meters high ...)

OU

-220 GW of photovoltaic solar power ...

Or a mix of the three with a strong nuclear dominance ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/13, 18:04

Ben it will load when the car will be connected ... after it can have electronic optimizations!

What brings the subject smartgird thanks to electric cars!

This is a good subject, well complete finally, thank you Jonah!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/09/13, 18:25

Christophe wrote:
Corrected by the different yields after this table from the pump: 511 * 0.98 * 0.30 * 0.90 = 135 TWh "mechanical" necessary for petroleum-based road transport

We were not so far away:

135 TWH for all road transport

Ou

So it will take about 1,5 TWh * 38 = 57 TWh
for cars only;

Given what trucks, buses ... it seems to me quite consistent! (we agree that these are orders of magnitude)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/13, 18:29

Yes the order of magnitude was good!

I think that in reality the proportion of cars is a little higher anyway (70 to 90 TWh ladle ...)

After that it is a data which is hardly more "refined" since even knowing the respective fleet it is difficult to know the actual km traveled and therefore the respective consumption!

Maybe the tax authorities would have information! : Cheesy:

But good about us this is of little interest!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/09/13, 10:21

I searched quickly, but found no data on the consumption of cars compared to that of trucks / buses / tractors / boats ...

So we will not know. Except to find.

I think trucks: a) it consumes; b) it rolls millions of km ... See the tanks of 500 l!

On the other hand, in fact, I had neglected the losses on the "electric chain". They are not negligible !!!

Rather than in terms of EPR, I prefer the merger with the German wind farm (today!) ...

Do not forget that we are there in an "electric fairy dream": in one night, the entire fleet of French cars switches to EV!

I think this switch only makes sense if:

a) in parallel the economies are developed; which is not unrealistic: the selector convectors will gradually disappear from the landscape; the devices will all be A ++ or A +++ (a rescaling of the scale is planned); the processes in the factories can allow conso- merable gains!

b) renewable energies even temporary (PV), with stcokage in the battery packs of VE ...

I will henceforth exclude the question of electricity production from the "inherent constraints" in the development of EVs. Even if we should encourage the installation of PV roofs, wind turbines because we should not be naive. There remains the availability of lithium, etc. And the price!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/09/13, 10:24

Christophe wrote:
But good about us this is of little interest!

Ben si: the transformation of the fleet of cars is possible; that of the truck park, tractors, etc ... much less!

For transport, it will be necessary to play on the reduction of the "Brownian movement" of goods on a global scale: car seats whose metal frame is welded in Spain, transported to Slovenia to be covered, and which returns to Peugeot in Mulhouse to be mounted in cars (electric ????????? I'm joking, they import them from Mitsubishi in Japan)
0 x
fredericponcet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: the efficiency of an electric car?

by fredericponcet » 19/09/13, 16:35

Christophe wrote:Or you have to forbid electric heating ... which would not be a bad thing!

I agree !

When you think about the difficulty of transforming heat into electricity, you want to slap badgers that tell you: "but with your solar panels, you can not even feed an electric heater"!!!
0 x
Christophe

Re: the efficiency of an electric car?

by Christophe » 19/09/13, 16:40

fredericponcet wrote:"but with your solar panels, you can not even feed an electric heater"!!!

Uh it's true is not it? Or one in good weather (and in this case, on a well-designed house with natural solar contribution, the heating is not necessary ...)

What what? I am a badger or was it irony or I did not understand the joke?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/13, 16:48

Did67 wrote:I searched quickly, but found no data on the consumption of cars compared to that of trucks / buses / tractors / boats ...

Regardless, it was the order of magnitude that mattered to us to answer the question and we have the answer!

For heavy transport and long distances I believe much more in "biological synthesis" oils than in electricity ...

The most promising (and one of the least known): https://www.econologie.com/forums/microalgue ... 10514.html

Electricity will always be limited in these 2 cases unless you find the Mr Fusion (Back to the future hihihi) or make a good technological as much in batteries as in the production of renewable and local electricity ...
0 x
Regismu
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Regismu » 19/09/13, 19:15

good evening everyone

I appreciated all your exchanges and I believe that a small part of the solution is in the "carport" .. and yes more and more factories / industries / businesses are investing in photovoltaics by covering their roofs and their car parks ... already for their internal needs and their fleets ... some car parks even provide charging sockets.

so yes it is already advances that can only develop more and more .. and by producing on the premises of the consumers consumption will save 3 reactors that only produce losses network .. : Mrgreen:

look at all the available roofs that we have so that everyone can participate .. why continue to put "useless" tiles when we could put modules .. .. it is possible and very simple from now on .. and everyone's reach
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."