GPL: latest news

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/07/06, 17:18

Prof, do you have any information on the variability in the composition of LPG and, by extension, if it can have a significant influence on pollutant emissions? :?:

For my part, the only variation I could see is the propane / butane ratio, which can vary from country to country.

Are there any standards for setting this ratio to a "national" distribution level?
0 x
professeur31
Pantone engine Researcher

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 17:54

Woodcutter wrote:Prof, do you have any information on the variability in the composition of LPG and, by extension, if it can have a significant influence on pollutant emissions? :?:

For my part, the only variation I could see is the propane / butane ratio, which can vary from country to country.

Are there any standards for setting this ratio to a "national" distribution level?

I will see what I can find as information and I will communicate it if I find it.
For having carried out tests and measurements in pure butane then in pure propane and finally in LPG, I think that the influence of the ratio is negligible because I did not see any significant difference concerning the pollutants emitted in the 3 cases.
For the standards, I will check because I know that this ratio is well defined; this does not necessarily imply normalization.
Your question is very interesting from the technical point of view, I take care of it.

a ++
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/07/06, 17:57

Well, I found that: FAQ Primagaz.
Apparently in France, it's 50 / 50.
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 18:14

Woodcutter wrote:Well, I found that: FAQ Primagaz.
Apparently in France, it's 50 / 50.

Mashed + faster than me the lumberjack !! : Mrgreen:
Effectively, I just found it is 50 / 50.
Go to a little woods school:
Do you know the additional fuel consumption factor in LPG compared to gasoline?
It will not please our friend paedolien :|

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 18:23

I am helping you:
conso factor sup = Gasoline PCI: PCI GPL.

That's where it hurts !!!! : Cry:

hihihihihi.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/07/06, 18:35

Professor31 wrote:I am helping you:

hihihihihi.
Oue but the PCI is expressed en masse while the conso is expressed in liters, that's where it stuck ...

The density of LPG is about 0,55 I think, right?

By cons I have not found anything on the standard EN589 ... I do not know if on Legifrance or sites like that we can find information of this type ...
0 x
professeur31

by professeur31 » 06/07/06, 18:50

Woodcutter wrote:
Professor31 wrote:I am helping you:

hihihihihi.
Oue but the PCI is expressed en masse while the conso is expressed in liters, that's where it stuck ...

The density of LPG is about 0,55 I think, right?

By cons I have not found anything on the standard EN589 ... I do not know if on Legifrance or sites like that we can find information of this type ...

ok then we will take the combustion values ​​in MJ / l
for gasoline it is 32.7 and for GPL 25.1.
so 32.7 / 25.1 = 1.30 !!! it is really that in reality, I found it !!!
In reality the overhead of conso is between 23 and 30% compared to gasoline and this is a function of the settings.

For the EN589, I have nothing, I will continue to search.

Petrol density = 0.750 and GPL = 0.546.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/07/06, 21:28

:| MOUAIS ...
I do not quite agree with this simplistic approach;
PCS, MJ / L, Density ...

In fact it is necessary to synthesize all the characteristics of 2 fuels.
I did (some time ago) a work of comparison between the different fuels.
The density: 0.555 kg / l of lpg and 0.75kg / l of sp95 does not have much interest (except when I fill my bottles of butane with lpg, to check that the pump does not rob me : Lol: ) I weigh my gas and I check that the volume in liter corresponds to its weight.
The PCS alone is not explicit, it is rather PCS / PCI report
MJ / l or Kwh / l are not exact refflets for performance differences between 2 fuels.
The actual difference is closer to 20% than 30% announced above!

Indeed, the rate of combustion, the speed of the flame front and many other parameters such as the ability to form a gaseous mixture (air / fuel) homogeneous ...

In general, it is easier to have "complete" lpg combustion than for gasoline which is characterized by high levels of unburned hydrocarbons (% HC). oil of gasoline cars (on a lpg the oil remains clean) as well as the exhausts.

All these beautiful figures are obtained in test tubes of the lab, on engines in operation, it is a very different affair ...
:!:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 06/07/06, 21:54

In Bucheron theory, if you want to find the norms, you have to get out of your wallet, because a norm is bought.

Bucheron, I'm intelectually limited, but I'm not wasting my time looking for a standard, intellectually, I know you have to buy it. And as financially, I am limited ...
well, I do not know what a fuel is made of, mouhahahahaha
Note, it would serve me nothing, I could intelligently not understand the composition being intelectuellement limited.

What I like the irony with you, Bucheron, you are a perfect toy, in addition, you make spell check, better than google !!!
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 06/07/06, 22:06

But what I love above all Bucheron, and it is also valid for Professor, is that suddenly, you start to ask questions that you did not ask before.

Gender "Does the composition of a fuel directly affect its combustion, on emissions of pollution?"

I think it's a good question to start a serious study. no?

(limited intelectually, eh Bucheron!)

Here, I allow myself to make an affirmation. there are LPGs, diesels, and species that pollute less than others.
But behind that, by reasoning like a bell, mouahahaha, I ask myself questions, where do the fuels that pollute the least, or the most, come from?
And which process is best able to provide a less polluting or smoother fuel?
And also, what is the most stable process in production series?

grrr c relou the quality !!!
0 x