GPL: latest news

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/06/06, 01:41

LPG is still alive ...... entérré for vehicles emitting less than 140 CO2 g / 100 km (which is aberrant compared to large 4X4 for example, but hey who made the calculation are not so gifted or bribed) !!!

LPG is a fuel similar to gasoline, otherwise his "lightness" makes it more volatile and must be stored in tanks at low pressure.
It lends itself so well, pure, to gasoline engines (and diesel 25% GO / 75% GPL).

Advantages

gas injected, it avoids washing the cold cylinders by condensation of gasoline.

Its combustion less "crashing" reduces fatigue of internal parts; the absence of sulfur, benzene, lead and additives meets the oil that retains its qualities for longer.

Therefore, drain are spaced and motors have a considerably longer life.

Drawbacks

Its combustion temperature is a little higher, 890 ° C instead of 820 ° C to gasoline, and LPG containing no lead disulfide, the exhaust valves of some engines are more fragile. HOWEVER, the corresponding models are few and well identified. There are two solutions to address this problem:

Replace these valves their steel equivalent to soduim.
Monitoring, during the interviews, the valve clearance and quality of motor fuel.
This solution is much simpler and generally sufficient to ensure proper engine operation. Indeed, too many unsuitable LPG Kits put the engines at full load mixture poverty situation, causing elevated temperature such that the valves "burn out".

For the peace of clients, TOPGAS provides an engine warranty with these LPG installations.

source: topgas in forum LPG

LPG and CNG give access to a number of advantages that make fuels by far the most economic ...

Tax refund of Fuel

LPG is currently sold at about € 0.70 liter for € 1.25 the No-Lead 95 and 1,12 € diesel (prices recorded in the same station, on February 20 2006). This corresponds, taking into account a LPG consumption rate 10% from gasoline (which is a maximum):

To make a 50% saving on your fuel budget !
Save 20% on your Gas Oil budget!

Carte Grise Free

that fitted LPG vehicle owners benefit from free car registration in some regions (Ile de FRANCE, Centre, Midi Pyrenees, Aquitaine, Centre, etc ..).

State aid of € 2000

The French state provides assistance to 2000 € for the equipment of a new vehicle or less than three years to LPG or CNG (producing less 140g of Co2 / km).

This assistance may reach € 3000 in the event that buying the equipment and LPG are accompanied by the scrapping of over 8 years vehicle.

The aid is in the form of a tax credit or a payment of the full amount for non-taxation or the difference in case of tax lower than the sum.

On my R25 GPLed which soon 300 000 klm, no problem with the valves from a small time setting time (CCES easy and fast).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 03/06/06, 02:19

No problems on the Safrane VOLVO and VOLVO obviously. 700.000 850 km from a mayonnaise, 640.00 Km to that of my book, mine have 300.000 940 for KML and 350.000 850 km to the ....

and still more 500.000 km VOLVO gasoline, LPG very confident.

just models bis-valves / cylinder, hydraulic adjustment without which a réclamment from time to time setting.

Some claim to have evidence that the GPL pollurait than diesel ... : Mrgreen: in current new vehicles (source PSA bienentendu : Cheesy: )

Why not!
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 03/06/06, 08:35

Knut wrote:Some claim to have evidence that the GPL pollurait than diesel ... : Mrgreen: in current new vehicles (source PSA bienentendu : Cheesy: )

Why not!

Hello
That is true! the first 10000 km if the guy makes no city : Mrgreen: and when the EGR is dead (60 000km on average) it becomes even more serious.
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/06/06, 10:50

Knut wrote:Some claim to have evidence that the GPL pollurait than diesel ... : Mrgreen: in current new vehicles (source PSA bienentendu : Cheesy: )

Why not!

Their only criterion to say that LPG pollutes + that diesel this is the emission of CO2 ... Spot gold ........ this is minimal compared to the amount of pollutants "floor" of emissions from other non bio fuels (except CNG)

- = Diesel particles (soot) !!!!, NOx !!!!!

- Gasoline = benzene and all the various additives (breathed in 1er place when the motorist is full, should wear a mask to avoid inhaling these various additives). Besides, I would like to know the full list of what he put to increase the octane number ... etc, and also at TOTAL What has he in this famous fuel "Excellium "which supposedly helps to consume less ??? !!!!

Returning to CO2 yesterday I saw in Thalassa, last night, the expansion of the port of St. Petersburg, on the Baltic Sea, it is scary for CO2 and there was that one : petroleum, container ships, cargo ships, 35 icebreakers that open day and night access to the port that is frozen for over 6 months what do they have to send as CO2 (see airplanes) and then nobody talks about it; by against nitpick is a pouième gram of CO2 emitted by a car, it is sad such jargon.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 03/06/06, 13:55

No problems convictions for me, worry : Mrgreen: 1977 since I dreamed of LPG, and my dad already spoke in 60 years. He crossed into Belgium and Luxembourg, with bottles on the gallery.

I always 500.000 km gasoline and uneventful, to put my collection in volvo, LPG will double!

But it is always boring to study the compelling arguments of this kind .... what's the motives?

What fashion behind?

When Renault and PSA go out of 4X4, what will be the government's position with 4X4? How to say suddenly reverse and its opposite? : Cheesy:

Nature apparently engine.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/06/06, 14:55

hi Knut,

Otes me a question:

A gasoline vehicle under 3 years 140 emitting More CO2 g / km 100 he has yet premium 2000 euros for equipment to LPG?

or does this (<140 g CO2 / 100 km) only concern new vehicles from factories and equipped with LPG?

Are he has the same kind of regulations in Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy? if not, it proves that in France we still stands on the grounds of false arguments to justify an inconsistent measure.

I always 500.000 km gasoline and uneventful, to put my collection in volvo, LPG will double

I do not understand your sentence, you mean that you drive to gasoline to put your vehicle collection? fitted LPG can also be put into collection after 25 years? but you can ride in the neighboring departments ...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 03/06/06, 15:56

for neighboring department, that's the gray card collection soon cancel service, the only thing he ny ct longer needed, only to buy, it will be deleted, but it can go anyway you want with or a CGC simply declare the walking path!
for the insurance collection, it is only a question of commercial agreement: some are prohibited for work journeys, others not, etc ...
map grrise collec aurra More disadvantage that advantage! more, never had a CT with a vehicle that can rouller near 200km / h, which may be the case following poorly maintained (often the case) such leakage cyl.de of wheel is very dangerous as there are abuts the draw is rectified!
with regard to the assurances, can rouller in hotrod! : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/06/06, 21:00

Is for vehicles that are already "collection" (special registration), there will be retroactive so obligatory passage to TB? or is it only for the next vehicle?

I have a few years ago a 104 Peugeot "collection" and I use it locally up to 50km maxi home, and it works TB (braking ..etc) ..... only the body is rusty but I fill holes with polyester and it always rolls.
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 03/06/06, 22:56

I actually misspoke!

I perform with my 500.000 km volvo service clle that goes fast and far, in all weather and SHOULD NEVER fail.

A 500.000 km, because my father showed in 4 on 2 million km between 1960 and 1980, I know that reliability can not be complete, and I withdraw my professional life, to keep as a vehicle for pleasure, to complete my small collection.

cllection insurance, fleet, but CG normal course.

Mine, one completely 620.000 km, 244 DL, but with 2 head gaskets, and 360 GLT had an accident over 500.000 km, only one fault my fault (water pump HS who laché consequences on motorway) and runs perfectly.

I MEMC nickel interviews to the end, they run like clockwork and do not consume.

With 850, I hope to at least 750.000 km, and will try the million Km.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 03/06/06, 23:22

Good evening, the cgc will be forced to pass CT, with + lenient next year, my Rosalie 1933 aurra + margin thy 104, the km or years could be extended, but, to my knowledge nothing is defined ... if it inquiette information you up for the FFVE.
0 x