EELV controversy on aviation and children's dreams (Mayor of Poitiers)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Flytox

Re: EELV controversy on aviation and children's dreams (Mayor of Poitiers)

by Flytox » 10/04/21, 23:58

Exnihiloest wrote:...
That's the message, fiction does not go beyond reality.

Could this be the revolt of the engineer on your part? History to contradict Klein saying "The engineers frankly we do not hear them much"? : Lol:

I think that we should actually hear them more, like all those who imagine, create and produce, when others, like this mayoress, has as ambition only to limit the aspirations of the others, to regulate their life, and to prohibit, in the name of a reactionary ideology built on the fear of the future.

You have something to support this big stupid trial of intent ?????

You should know that we can imagine, create, produce something other than the "bad" model of "development" existing, without sacrificing our young generations and other political systems etc ..., there is something other than the perpetual flight forward head down with this wall in front of us that is the end of our biosphere, which is approaching at full speed. We can and must use our talents, well-made heads, Engineers etc ... to create a sustainable world of tomorrow, which may not make our young people dream of the same things as now, other things than solely commercial concepts dedicated to personal enrichment of a few profiteers of the system to the detriment of populations and our biosphere etc ....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 11/04/21, 00:07

With Tryphon it's as easy as "always". You have on one side "the engineers", beacon of our civilization that my dentures envy us, and on the other, the cocos, the green Khmer, the hippies and other filthy haired, the environmentalists, the believers and the fools. I forget billions of them, but those don't exist. They are our victims, our slaves whose resources we plunder, animals, biotopes, in short, nature which is in our hands, in our service and which only has the right that we generously grant "Olé".
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/04/21, 06:54

Flytox wrote:
You should know that we can imagine, create, produce something other than the "bad" model of "development" existing, without sacrificing our young generations and other political systems etc ..., there is something other than the perpetual flight forward head down with that wall in front of us

I'm not quite sure what you mean actually, seeing as there is no industrial civilization that doesn't work by pumping out non-renewable resources ... as I pointed out, just posting on a forum internet (which we all do here by definition) already consumes a significant amount of resources.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 11/04/21, 08:23

to start dreaming again : Wink:
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/04/21, 09:11

"We managed to almost halve the fuel consumption to carry a passenger .. and we have tripled the number of passengers".

Beautiful illustration of the rebound effect! : Lol:

and then he promises us that "we will reduce the CO20 production of air transport by 2%" ... find the error : roll:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/21, 11:37

The best analysis of this controversy (for the moment):

2 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/04/21, 12:31

I think this EELV jug is not tackling the problem the right way.

small flying clubs consume little fuel, so little that one could consider supplying them with biofuel.

and besides, we can also consider electrifying a little flying clubs, with little cuckoos that do not go far or with drones / scale models.

on the other hand, mass aviation using fossil kerosene poses a problem. But it does not fall under a lousy city council led by a greenish illuminated. So let it breathe its local associations.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/04/21, 15:04

Flytox wrote:You should know that we can imagine, create, produce something other than the "bad" model of "development" existing, without sacrificing our young generations and other political systems etc ..., there is something other than the perpetual flight forward head down with that wall in front of us what is the end of our biosphere, which is approaching at full speed.
It's better with the entire quote : Mrgreen:

ABC2019 wrote:I don't really know what you mean, since there is no industrial civilization that does not function by pumping out non-renewable resources ...

This is the heart of the problem, this is what must be invented and updated quickly by drawing on our talents, well-made heads, Engineers etc ... I grant you that this is a very complex problem / challenge .... : Wink: but that must be resolved without delay. Indeed, this goes against the grain of the discourse of certain far-too-paid storytellers, who say that all is well ... that we must trust the market ... in the supposedly brilliant inventions that will allow us to continue to do n ' anything in a finite world ..... : roll:
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 11/04/21, 15:39

thibr wrote:to start dreaming again : Wink:

Another storyteller who wants us to believe that he has everything included, these electric planes which do not produce CO2, "the future without ulterior motives" etc ...... He deliberately conceals especially that it does not produce CO2 ... on the spot, but that overall it does not change anything, elsewhere it is from carbon energy (giving CO2) that we produce its hydrogen ... The total balance is no better than 'with kerosene.
From there to making aviation take off with "renewable" hydrogen, it will be necessary to change a lot of things in our economic system where oil is "free".
1 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Remundo

by Remundo » 11/04/21, 15:42

thibr wrote:to start dreaming again : Wink:

code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC62HDjUCgo

very enthusiastic, this young man.

I don't want to refute everything he says, but there's probably a bit of euphoria there too.

intrinsically, even if you do 1, 2 or 3L / 100 km, planes take you 5000 km in a few hours, which nevertheless raises questions; the amount of energy remains very high and are these journeys really necessary?

on hydrogen in aviation, the whole question is to produce it, and that is not nothing unless we confine ourselves to a few demonstration devices.

I think the future of aviation is going towards a contraction in passenger volumes and an increase in the cost of tickets. And I also think that kerozene or equivalent will be essential, and will rather come from synthetic fuel.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."