pantone mounting Truck Renault B70

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by phil 14 » 19/08/06, 10:56

Bonjour à tous
I just broke down with my B70 truck, a foot bolt from a connecting rod unscrewed itself to fall into the oil pan after tapping on the block. (NOTHING TO SEE WITH THE ASSEMBLY OF DOPING AL WATER)
I hesitate to change only the rod because the pads are well damaged, but I do not see any significant traces on the crankcase. (I lack doc for the disassembly and dimensions of tightening of the breech and the connecting rod as well as for setting the camshaft in the head)
For now, I have not found any engine in the 10 breaks I called.
Thank you for the ideas
a+
phil 14
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/08/06, 16:20

Hello,
First thing you put the casing and you evaluate the extent of the damage on the port of the vibrequin
stripe wear fake round.
If these conditions are acceptable and you want to make an economic repair.
You put a grease finger in the lubrication hole to prevent abrasive from entering the hole.
You polish it with a ribbon of 320 sandpaper (like a belt with a movement of back and forth), you clean with petrol and cloth, blown to the air the small clean grease hole cleaned with a rod in plastic, you buy cousinets
and plastic pledges (kind of plastic wire) you temporarily raise the new big hat with the crushed plastic wire, you put the whole thing to verify the crushing of the plastic with the provided chart you know if the game is in the tolerances .
if you do it, you put a thick oil (bardhal) and you put the hat down, with a torque wrench you tighten the bolts, take advantage of them to tighten the others, at the last assembly there was certainly a lack, If you do not No torque wrench, try to tighten the others lightly and apply the same force to your assembly. the tightening torque is one of the highest on the motor, in the mounting of these bolts. (you can slightly exceed this torque)

The most professional way, you disassemble everything, but you have to change several pieces is if you leave the pistons, it means the stones in the cylinder, cleaning segment grooves segment new head gasket ect .. The big job.
For me to disassemble a motor in full, just to look at it you do more harm than good.

In this kind of operation you have to evaluate the age of the vehicle and the duration that you will keep it. In your place I would choose the simple solution, and I would wait for a bigger problem to do the big job ..

Andre
0 x
mmm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mmm » 19/08/06, 18:27

Informations
Renault engine or VM 6cyl engine online?
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by phil 14 » 20/08/06, 15:50

Hello André and mmm
My engine is an 4 sofim or iveco diesel cylinder that is almost impossible to find in the breakages because these engines are known to have problems.
I think I choose the simple solution to André, except that the rod is dead, given the state of the bolt. So I'm looking for a rod of occas. and pads because my crank does not seem to scratch me, which is surprising given the condition of the pads.
I did not know the test of the wire to André and where can we get some ??
I bought the technical engine review on Saturday for tightening ratings and some disassembly tips.
Thank you
phil 14
0 x
Other

by Other » 20/08/06, 17:01

Hello,
Gauge plastics, found in all auto parts stores in North America, is mainly used by mechanics who go back engine tampered
The kit is a bag of 6 plastic files big and flexible like fishing wire we crushed the wire between the cousinet and worn it applies and on the package there are dens we compare the width and exactly knows the game,
But you can also measure with a micrometer, verrify the fake round, the bearing stinks be smooth but not round, it can be also distorted by a violent shock.
with experience you tate the game of other rods without disassembling and you compare with the one you repair, anyway with cousins ​​new (it is not expensive) should be better. some company sell cousins ​​with 3 dimmenssions differrentent it is the utility of plastic pledge ..
To change the rod, you forced to dismantle the breech ..
more work.
Anyway, if it's not just the first net that is torn off, go through a tap, if there is 12 mm net good (very good)
put another bolt .. (the real big end bolt is made of special steel)
Formerly these bolts had a pin in sheet or pin, but for many years it is simply tighten strong, even on aircraft engines ..
I know the professionals who are reading this will tear out their hair, but if he was doing a small internship in a remote area he would see the amount of stuff that guys have developed to break up.
You will put red locktit on the nets

This problem did not come with a snap? you do not see a little knock on when you loose the acellerateur and when you accelerate a certain speed the noise decreases? it is the index that a connecting rod takes the game and if you continue to roll it quickly degenerate in big damages.

Andre
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Renault B70 Truck

by denis » 20/08/06, 22:01

hi, and especially check the other 3 because they may have the same problem, logical!
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent.delaon » 20/08/06, 22:36

Hello

before the loctite check especially if the loctite is compatible with the temperature of use especially (it is not the color which says it ...)

otherwise take a suitable loctite.
0 x
mmm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mmm » 21/08/06, 00:04

Hi Phil, start to check with a lever placed between the flywheel and the crankcase lever, if the steering wheel moves, the crankshaft HS, case between bearing four and five. No. Check the bearings close to the crankcase.
Visually check if the DRY SHIRTS have moved, we get to find them machined by the crankshaft.
As André says, do the minimum of expenses, engine crappy.
If you want to repair it, the precaution is necessary make an evaluation of the prices to engage, in the inspection of the parts to take a special precaution to the holes of bolts of cylinder head.
Checking, clean with gas oil the cylinder head gasket, dry SUPERFICIALLY, do not blow the threads, dry completely on the surface, sprinkle with talcum powder, or chalk, make a film around the threads, wait fifteen to thirty minutes if the engine block is broken, cracks will appear between the cylinder bore and the threads. There is an express kit for that but the next time you have the use it will be out of order.
If all the same you want to repair, keep informed, there are other precautions to take.
For parts I think you're wrong, this a VM or MV engine or as you say Sofim he climbed on Alfa Romeo, Land Rover, generators and anything.
To check the games use the gauges Perfec Circle Ref.9769.42 you find them on this ref. at Peugeot. A box contains five cords of thirty, forty centimeters in length.
To use them this very easy, clean, mount dry, simply keep glued, tighten to torque DO NOT MOVE during the whole operation, deposit and compare with the standard supplied.
Here you have what to start working. On everything well assesses the cost price after decongesting.
Greetings.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Renault B70 Truck

by denis » 21/08/06, 00:11

courage! :|
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by phil 14 » 04/09/06, 18:41

HELLO EVERYONE
After several days of internet failure (cause not determined after modem change without effect: suspicion on the malfunction of the line, not very friendly manager with Alice, not to name it!)
I found 1 engine sofim (600 € instead of 1000 in all cases) that I was turned before selling it to me.
I have to make some changes because mine was an iveco engine with the fuel pump over the injection pump.
Regarding the doping with the water I wonder if I should not modify the restriction of the exhaust around the reactor which exceeds 30%, which explains why my t ° exit reactor is always very high (200 to 220 ° on road flat) which makes me a little scared.
Thanks to the experts
a+
phil 14
0 x