mini Chopper

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 13/10/05, 21:29

Here is my last transformation on my chopper. I installed a carburetor instead of the bubbler. I do not master this assembly because I believe that it is necessary to modify the carburetor. So far I haven't made any changes to it. The small engine normally runs at low speed or under acceleration, I can't open the carburetor isolation valve big because otherwise the engine stalls. The effect is identical if there is no fuel and I do the handling again. I therefore think of sucking too much air and no vaporized water. What do you think of all this phenomenon?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 13/10/05, 21:31

Hello everybody
You certainly know my last configuration of the pantone reactor used in water doping

I tried again. This time my engine consumes water but I think it's too much.
Indeed water vapor comes out of the exhaust. I pecked on the intake between the engine and the carburetor. This peck was a 1/4 "inch tube with a beveled end. After a test run I saw water in the intake pipe. Thinking that this peck was too big, I replaced it. by a capillary tube (diam 1mm). This time I think it's too small. There is almost no suction in the reactor. So as I had a good suction in the reactor with the tube 1 / 4 "I think I will go back to this configuration.
(and Zidane's goal)
I will have to play with the water carburetor to reduce the amount of air and the finness of water injected into the reactor
(Wiltord's second goal on a Cisse pass for another hour of play).
I am thinking of doing some sort of injection of hot air into the water carburetor, but the quantity of this air will be regulated thanks to a system inspired by the pages of M David. It will be a tube in which the air heated by the exhaust pipe will pass, which we can more or less throttle the passage, the hot air will then enter the carburetor where we usually put the air filter. For the water I will reduce the nozzle, for mopeds it is a 15 SHA Dell'Orto carburetor with a nozzle of 69 I believe,
(3-0 Half time Mopral's goal! Give you money!)
I will put one, the smallest possible, to have the finest possible spray. I don't know how it will turn out.
Please what do you think? If you have already arrived at these settings, am I on the right track? I digress ? I have many other ideas for spraying water but I doubt it. I have the impression that I have never been so close to the goal and yet I believe that I am far from reaching satisfaction.
I am sure that water doping is a great solution but I do not control the parameters. And apart from that forum; it is very difficult to follow someone's example or to ask for advice. The mechanics of my entourage are rather skeptical and not interested in the thing. About you news about Tang and his Pantone Engine project on a test bench for a mechanical school. Good recovery second half time I go back to more and long live the doping (with water of course).
Last edited by PITMIX the 10 / 12 / 05, 23: 10, 2 edited once.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/10/05, 06:59

hello pitmix
It looks like my mounting on DAX Honda 72cc.
same connection to the intake pipe, almost same reactor position (I isolated it with rock wool)
my carb is an 8/10, you it's 14 del'horto (it's big). between this carb and the reactor there is 7cm of tube (no valve).
on the other hand I transferred the pot and sealed off part of the exhaust in the carburetor.
3 turns of copper tube on the reactor serve as a heater for the carburetor about 80 ° (not in the case of pure petrol: rolleyes:)
I tried in this small carburetor (choke thoroughly in all cases: restriction of the air passage):
-water only (fuel idle position)
-50% water 50% fuel + liquid soap
-alcohol
- gasoline
- fuel
using the original fuel if necessary.
once I was able to operate with pure fuel at around 2000 rpm without smoke but it is expensive to adjust, could not accelerate or change the engine speed

manu
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 16/10/05, 22:54

Hello Plasmanu
You mean that you made a Pantone assembly on water doping on the same engine as me? It's awesome.
I have to try to heat the air of the carburetor as well as the water for the moment I have not had the time to make any changes compared to the photo but I intend to make the coil around my reactor to heat it all.
A carburetor of 8 or 10 do you find that where a solex can be?
:P By the way the soap in your mixture does it make bubbles at the exit of the jar? :D No just kidding.
In any case, thank you for your testimony.
0 x
zac

by zac » 17/10/05, 16:46

Hello
carburetor of reduced model or 707 from gurtner.
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 17/10/05, 20:58

Ok, thanks for the info, I will try to find that, there is a seller of reduced models near me. By the way I saw the report on FR2 on the Pantone reactor on Saturday October 15 at 13 p.m. I have not clearly identified the Pantone reactor as I know it.
You too ?
We see a stainless steel tube with a rod welded to the Bizzard interior walls, right?
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 18/10/05, 19:19

Hello,

nice your montages, you have the merit to try, but just a small question:

Doesn't it rub a bit when you take your right turns? javascript: emoticon (': rolleyes:')
smiley

sorry i couldn't resist, joking aside i devoured (almost) all the sites dedicated to pantone,
I read so many hate messages from "big scientific heads" that went down systematically
the system without even trying, or consulting all the sites where we see montages actually work,
under the pretext that "from what I learned it can't work".
you at least you try (I'm getting started soon, I'm gathering the stuff) and you will surely get there, courage.
as the great actor Rocco S. said before attempting double penetration with piked somersault:
It is not because things are difficult that we have not tried but because we are not trying that they are difficult !!!!
persist!
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/10/05, 20:12

Thank you for the boost "titus02" it's nice. : rolleyes:
Actually you're right it rubs right, but hey, anyway for now I do not ride with. :P
When I finish focusing and get what I want, I think I will go directly to a car for a better finished assembly. Because even if my doping with water turns on the mini chopper I could not test it on the road. A mini chopper like mine is not approved. It is also partly for this that I attacked its engine because at least it helps me with something.
Thank you also for the Rocco sitation, nice your references! I didn't know her this one
to +
NB: For those who have not yet seen my site click here
Pitmix page
0 x
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 18/10/05, 20:50

it's nice to see attempts on gasoline vehicles; indeed, many "pantonizations" are on diesel. petrol engine, it doesn't run forums !

me, it is not a chopper that I would like to pantonize, but a B&S Vangard of 20CV. He is on a tracked motorbike working in the vineyards ... The Diesel master who transports it from plot to plot will be transformed. But what makes me eat coconut is the Brig! Advantage constant regime, fairly constant load; therefore less risk of whims than on a car!

who has lived on a carburetor petrol engine? I saw the BX 1.4, but apparently it is oaring, the sore!

friendships to all
Jean Marie ;)
0 x
JMB
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 22/10/05, 14:35

Hello
I still did a test of my engine this time I put a small coil for water and another for the air of water carburetor.

The operation of the engine does not seem to be changed by this modification. My carburetor always seems too big although the connection between the valve and the carburetor is only 8 mm inside diameter.
Last edited by PITMIX the 10 / 12 / 05, 23: 13, 2 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"