The hydrogen house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The hydrogen house

by BaudouinLabrique » 13/02/18, 13:35

sicetaitsimple wrote:
thibr wrote:2.7m3

This manufacturer's slide talks about 2,7m3 at 200bar for 1500kWh (of H2).
It is consistent with my calculation: 2,7 * 200/1500 = 0,36Nm3 / kWh (I had taken 3kWh / Nm3, it's almost the same).
So for the necessary 13414kWh of H2, at 350bar, you need:
0,36 * 13414/350 = 13,8m3 to compare with my 13m3 approximately. It’s consistent.
So effectively "my" 13m3 350bar tank can be replaced by "industrial" 200bar cylinders. These, for the highest (those which are about 1,70m) have a capacity of 50l, or at 200bar, 10Nm3.
So you need "just" about 450 and voila!
PS: Reminder of my first intervention towards Baudouin Labrique on this thread on page1: Have you calculated the storage volume of H2 that would be necessary to be effectively autonomous?

Assuming your calculation is correct, predicting 450 bottles is insane.
because it will take on the ground: 45m by 0,74m or 22,5 by 1,48m + cost for each bottle

Better a tank of> 13m³ at 350bars or half at 750 bars
hoping that its cost will not exceed 450 bottles

Anyone have any idea of ​​the cost of a hydrogen tank capable of holding up to 750 BAR and the capacities available?
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/18, 13:48

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
Better a tank of> 13m³ at 350bars or half at 750 bars
hoping that its cost will not exceed 450 bottles

Anyone have any idea of ​​the cost of a hydrogen tank capable of holding up to 750 BAR and the capacities available?

It does not exist.

PS: if my calculation was wrong, that of the manufacturer would also be since we arrive at the same figures within a few%.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 13/02/18, 13:57

sicetaitsimple wrote:It doesn't exist. (A hydrogen tank)

IF, example thereof
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/18, 14:07

BaudouinLabrique wrote:

IF, example thereof

Ah, at atmospheric pressure, perhaps ... Even if we do not see too much the interest of storing hydrogen (except liquid) at atmospheric pressure.

But you were talking about 350 to 700bar.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 13/02/18, 14:40

sicetaitsimple wrote:
BaudouinLabrique wrote:

IF, example thereof

Ah, at atmospheric pressure, perhaps ... Even if we do not see too much the interest of storing hydrogen (except liquid) at atmospheric pressure.
But you were talking about 350 to 700bar.

If we were able to produce tanks at 700 bars, notably for the Nissan WTRail (Storage Dynetek -Canada) in a composite tank,
there must be larger tanks ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/18, 15:01

BaudouinLabrique wrote:If we were able to produce tanks at 700 bars, notably for the Nissan WTRail (Storage Dynetek -Canada) in a composite tank,
there must be larger tanks ...

That you do not have knowledge in the calculation of the capacities under pressure is completely excusable. I happen to have practiced a bit in my professional life.

The problem is the size: building a capacity of a few liters that withstands very high pressures is not a problem. From several m3 it becomes one.

Why do you think these famous bottles containing industrial gases make 50l? For a height of almost 2m and a diameter of just over 20cm? Because it is an optimum, the small diameter allows it to withstand a pressure of 200bar while remaining within acceptable steel thicknesses. We could make them 4m or 10m high without increasing thickness, it would just become a little complicated to handle!

Certainly composites (for on-board tanks) allow you to go further for much more expensive: but what is the volume of your example Nissan WTrail?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/02/18, 15:13

It is available at alibaba in 350 and 700 bar. There are the prices:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 56349.html

See also:

https://pureenergycentre.com/hydrogen-storage/

In dimensions 2,80 mx 8,70 m and 50 m3 at 21 bar:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 19805.html

Type "hydrogen tank" in the "Search" area. There is a very wide choice, from the small bottle to the tank of 1000 tons for 15000 m3 of H2. :)
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 13 / 02 / 18, 15: 27, 2 edited once.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 13/02/18, 15:23

sicetaitsimple wrote:Certainly composites (for on-board tanks) allow you to go further for much more expensive: but what is the volume of your example Nissan WTrail?

Apparently around 40l (source with photo)
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 13/02/18, 15:30

Leo Maximus wrote:It is available at alibaba in 350 and 700 bar. There are the prices:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 56349.html
See also:
https://pureenergycentre.com/hydrogen-storage/
In dimensions 2,80 mx 8,70 m and 50 m3 at 21 bar:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 19805.html
type "hydrogen tank" in the search box. There is a very wide choice. :)

Thanks for these links!
In fact, the largest possible tanks should be used, because the risk of leaks must be avoided:
the more tanks there are in cascade the more the risk of leakage is multiplied and hydrogen is a gas which deserves a much better seal than any other gas.
Indeed, I don't want to end up with 120 tanks of the type illustrated on the Solenco Power Box site = therefore 120 times multiplied the risk of leakage!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/18, 15:54

Leo Maximus wrote:
Type "hydrogen tank" in the "Search" area. There is a very wide choice, from the small bottle to the tank of 1000 tons for 15000 m3 of H2. :)

There there is no longer a problem, but solutions! 4500Nm3 is just what you need to find in the specific case.
0 x