The hydrogen house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The hydrogen house

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 15:32

BaudouinLabrique wrote:b) is consumed then at full price, which therefore offers producers an additional benefit compared to the situation where this neighbor would have consumed 1 kWh produced conventionally; indeed, " 1 kWh supplied by the sun? It is 2,5 kWh [Primary] saved by a conventional power plant », In particular because of transport losses (source Apere); the photovoltaic kWh consumed by the neighbor is tainted with practically no loss;

And you answer:
sicetaitsimple wrote: b). It is also false: what matters is the price, going on primary energy considerations makes no sense for this specific case. ;

This is not correct, because the saving on primary energy and the losses due to transport made by the conventional producer of electricity, it pockets when the neighbor consumes photovoltaic electricity but paid at full price.
sicetaitsimple wrote: And the neighbor in question (and all the others) I think he will be charged on his invoice by the financing of green certificates (but I do not know in detail the mechanism in Belgium)

In French-speaking Belgium it is 50 € per year knowing that in addition the neighbor pays his electricity much cheaper than if there had been no photovoltaic production:

- Gradual and inevitable drop in the selling price of electricity: it is in fact thanks to green production which also benefits non-prosumers. Moreover, “The new year [2018] started with NEGATIVE electricity prices!”, But we will not pass it on to your bill! Moreover, currently, producing fossil fuel is more expensive than producing green; it is an incompressible incentive to abandon everything that is not green production, including nuclear production which is not green contrary to popular belief: "" Nuclear, carbon-free energy ", it is is FALSE: serious studies show that nuclear power produces on average 66 g of CO2 per kWh produced [...] ”. (According to the relevant observation of the very serious Médiapart site).

As a bonus, here are the advantages for non-prosumers:

- Pollution and greenhouse effect: each time the sun shines, there is automatically a brake on the production of fine particles and the progression of the greenhouse effect, THANKS to prosumers, which therefore contribute to the health of all and by going there in addition to their money! It has been shown that since 2005, "the increase in the production of non-hydraulic renewable electricity (mainly wind and photovoltaic) has led to a reduction of almost 25% in the use of fossil fuels in electricity production". (Source).

- Prosumers allow Belgium to meet its commitments to reach the quota of green energies in electricity production, as the EEC dictated. Heavy financial sanctions are foreseen in case of non-compliance and this is what makes it possible to avoid prosumers, which also benefits non-prosumers.
(For internal links see this page)

- “Opponents of the Belgian Energy Pact [among others the N-VA] are demanding figures on the costs of a 100% renewable transition by 2050. However, the current price dynamics demonstrate that renewable productions are - or will be within 2 years - more competitive than conventional productions. "(Renewal)

In fact, the phenomenon has accelerated lately: not only the price of electricity production (Belgium) has dropped thanks to wind and photovoltaic, but in addition, “2017 was marked by a fall spectacular production costs of photovoltaic and wind electricity. Competitiveness which now exceeds traditional energy production ”. (Quantified analysis: 2017 or the economic victory of solar and wind).

All these advantages are only very little offset by the famous € 50 annual surcharge for the non-prosumer. Remember, when we introduced nuclear electricity, the TOTALITY of the investment was paid for by consumers and who did not complain about it, whereas here they bear only a tiny part of the cost of the energy transition
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/18, 16:02

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
- Gradual and inevitable drop in the sale price of electricity: it is in fact thanks to green production which also benefits non-prosumers.

Well, we are not going to discuss this subject endlessly, sentence by sentence.

Do you have an "official" curve for the evolution of "all-inclusive" electricity prices for individuals in Belgium to propose? I think that would solve the problem.

Otherwise, to go back to the beginning, an idea (even preliminary) of the volume of hydrogen storage required?
Last edited by sicetaitsimple the 12 / 02 / 18, 16: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 16:09

sicetaitsimple wrote:
BaudouinLabrique wrote:- Gradual and inevitable drop in the sale price of electricity: it is in fact thanks to green production which also benefits non-prosumers.

Well, we are not going to discuss this subject endlessly, sentence by sentence.
Do you have an "official" curve for the evolution of electricity prices for individuals in Belgium to propose? I think that would solve the problem.
Otherwise, to go back to the beginning, an idea (even preliminary) of the volume of hydrogen storage required?

So I see that when it comes to argument, you declare forfeit!
You are trying to dodge yourself by asking me a question in relation to the situation in Belgium while you are refraining from responding in relation to my observations, in particular in relation to the situation in France, but I will not fall into the trap!

So I don't think I will receive any more verbose comments from you about the following, but I still try it
BaudouinLabrique wrote:c) (the kWh injected) is not always taken from the network by the prosumer, because what is overproduced at the end of the annual period of calculation of its consumption is lost to him. I have already personally left almost 400 kWh on the network. It is then very beneficial for the producers (as in our case and for more than 5 years);

and you throw me:
sicetaitsimple wrote:vs). Poor Belgian prosumer! It will draw tears to me! He only had to not oversize his installation to take advantage of more than generous subsidies.

You will have obviously missed that the characteristic of any self-respecting (Belgian) prosumer is
1 ° to consume as little as possible (so as not to pay kWh);
2 ° and consequently prefer to overproduce than the reverse, which explains what he will have injected into the network in pure loss for him.
No tears to shed because he does not complain, except that the fact that overproduction is then all profit for electricity producers.

BaudouinLabrique wrote:d) (the kWh injected) causes overload on the network only in places where there are too many prosumers given the technical state of the network (no anticipation was made, The (stupid) pretext too often advanced is to pretend that the prosumer must contribute to the costs of the network: he already contributes to it even if only via point b) and c). On the other hand, it is only the conventional producers to whom it is up to pass on the benefit they derive from it to the distributors for the costs of adapting the network!

and you retort me:
sicetaitsimple wrote:d). that the prosumer must in some way contribute to the network costs does not necessarily seem unfair, unless he goes off-grid.

You do not want to understand (and it is certainly not for lack of having explained it to you) that the network costs are borne when the neighbor consumes photovoltaic electricity (because he pays it at the usual price and therefore 'high', network charges included).

The inequity is that people like you (and others) want to charge TWICE the network charges in this case
and therefore once too often by the prosumer!
1 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 16:14

sicetaitsimple wrote:Otherwise, to go back to the beginning, an idea (even preliminary) of the volume of hydrogen storage required?

I already answered this question !
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/18, 17:03

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Otherwise, to go back to the beginning, an idea (even preliminary) of the volume of hydrogen storage required?

I already answered this question !

Yes, by saying that you were waiting for test results. It is (from my point of view) a bit of a shame not to have an idea at the stage of a preliminary design, even from "commercial" values ​​provided by the manufacturer, which will indeed have to be refined by tests .
Especially when you mainly produce in summer and consume mainly in winter.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/18, 18:28

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:However, in your Word text, "Regarding electricity, we use the electricity distribution network as a 'battery' to 'store' the surplus, the use of quotes does not change the fact that it is bullshit (a "niche" in more correct terms!).

I find that pretending that the counter system that turns inside out is a c ... is an opinion that is not at all relevant.

It is true that we must still pay tribute to the capacity for innovation of our Belgian friends who nevertheless invented (and even protected, I do not know of any other application at least close?) an inter-seasonal electricity storage system, free and 100% efficient!
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 12/02/18, 18:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, by saying that you were waiting for test results. It is (from my point of view) a bit of a shame not to have an idea at the stage of a preliminary design, even from "commercial" values ​​provided by the manufacturer, which will indeed have to be refined by tests . Especially when we produce mainly in summer and consume mainly in winter.

I am a great lord (despite the answers or comments that you did not give me to my remarks); here is the answer we can give:

The maximum PV production deficit was reached in March; the meter index then indicates a maximum underproduction of 5.500 (with a safety margin) Indeed, since April 2012 (departure from PV production), it was on April 10, 2013 that the deficit was at most low: - 5.146 kWh).

It would therefore be necessary to have a reserve in electricity production via the fuel cell of 8600 kWh (= 54% more than the 5500 kWh necessary to not draw on the distribution network and therefore remain autonomous - 54% corresponding to losses of the projected electrolyzer / fuel cell pair).

Amount of hydrogen to be stored accordingly, knowing that (officially):

- 3kWh produced by the fuel cell will have required the contribution of ca 5kWh at the chlorinator = 1Nm³ / h (given the 54% loss)
- 1Nm³ / H = 4,237 l (at 350bar via a compressor),
- upstream, it will therefore require a supply of PV electricity of 8600kWh,

1.720Nm³ / H must therefore be kept in reserve and therefore 7.287 l (at 350bar via a compressor).

Note
1. The manufacturer gave a slightly lower figure: 1.350Nm³ / H
2. Nm³ = normo m³, value used for hydrogen storage (= 1m³ in fact)
3. An additional reserve must also be provided to fuel a hydrogen car
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/02/18, 19:26

BaudouinLabrique wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, by saying that you were waiting for test results. It is (from my point of view) a bit of a shame not to have an idea at the stage of a preliminary design, even from "commercial" values ​​provided by the manufacturer, which will indeed have to be refined by tests . Especially when we produce mainly in summer and consume mainly in winter.

I am a great lord (despite the answers or comments that you did not give me to my remarks); here is the answer we can give:

The maximum PV production deficit was reached in March; the meter index then indicates a maximum underproduction of 5.500 (with a safety margin) Indeed, since April 2012 (departure from PV production), it was on April 10, 2013 that the deficit was at most low: - 5.146 kWh).

It would therefore be necessary to have a reserve in electricity production via the fuel cell of 8600 kWh (= 54% more than the 5500 kWh necessary to not draw on the distribution network and therefore remain autonomous - 54% corresponding to losses of the projected electrolyzer / fuel cell pair).

Amount of hydrogen to be stored accordingly, knowing that (officially):

- 3kWh produced by the fuel cell will have required the contribution of ca 5kWh at the chlorinator = 1Nm³ / h (given the 54% loss)
- 1Nm³ / H = 4,237 l (at 350bar via a compressor),
- upstream, it will therefore require a supply of PV electricity of 8600kWh,

1.720Nm³ / H must therefore be kept in reserve and therefore 7.287 l (at 350bar via a compressor).

Great lord but not very good calculator .....

The announced electrical efficiency of the fuel cell is 41% if I saw correctly. So if we want to recover 5500kWh electric it would be 5500 / 0,41 = 13414kWh H2.

Divided by 3kWh / Nm3 (approximately), that makes approximately 4500Nm3.

Compressed at 350bar, it's not far from 13m3.

A 13m3 tank at 350bar, I do not feel it ... Finally what I say.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 12/02/18, 19:30

2.7m3
h2.JPG
h2.JPG (79.28 KB) Viewed 2138 times
Attachments
h2_b.JPG
h2_b.JPG (79.24 KB) Viewed 2134 times
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/18, 13:01

thibr wrote:2.7m3

This manufacturer's slide talks about 2,7m3 at 200bar for 1500kWh (of H2).

It is consistent with my calculation: 2,7 * 200/1500 = 0,36Nm3 / kWh (I had taken 3kWh / Nm3, it's almost the same).

So for the necessary 13414kWh of H2, at 350bar, you need:

0,36 * 13414/350 = 13,8m3 to compare with my 13m3 approximately. It’s consistent.

So effectively "my" 13m3 350bar tank can be replaced by "industrial" 200bar cylinders. These, for the highest (those which are about 1,70m) have a capacity of 50l, or at 200bar, 10Nm3.

So you need "just" about 450 and voila!

PS: Reminder of my first intervention towards Baudouin Labrique on this thread on page1: Have you calculated the storage volume of H2 that would be necessary to be effectively autonomous?
0 x