wood stove pellets + VMC: conflicts and optimization?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/11/11, 19:21

Totally agree with P Schutt, the safest and most effective solution, for drainage and waterproofing, with very good exercise for health to practice more often !!

A legal expert has concluded identically for a wet error of my architect in the 83, there is 10 years, insufficient drainage to remake correctly !!

It is even good to drain under the slabs placed on the ground towards the outside, in addition to the drainage around the edge of the house, with waterproof walls against the ground !!

Hard hard, but much more effective than believing in a VMC almost useless without a source of humidity!
0 x
foufbibi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by foufbibi » 07/11/11, 10:13

and what did you do next?

This is a solution to consider indeed but good garage side and with my shed for the wood here is going to be complicated, quoted garden it will be to the detriment of my raspberries (or rather that of the children;)) and quoted studio bah there still that will not interfere too much ... especially that it is there that the humidity is the most felt, mm if it is the room least used for the moment .... So I keep it in a corner of my head for the day or I decide to use this room really (something other than for the ping pong table and what bikes)

Otherwise I must admit that since 1 month I have almost no steam in the garage, I just open the window when I go to turn the dryer and it looks better (but good in etet the dryer is not used not ....), suddenly my plastic against the wall does not have much either .... I do not know if it's due to the season ....

After discussion with ADEME, a manufacturer of VMC and a cousin heating engineer: they all agree to the solution I spoke about above: a VMC double flux gain 70% env (not worth a high perf) with Mezza plugged into extraction.

I still hesitate even if I do not lose all the calories I lose anyway ... but hey I do not see how to get out the stale air and bring fresh air everywhere else ....
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/11/11, 15:23

Otherwise I must admit that since 1 month I have almost no steam in the garage, I just open the window when I go to turn the dryer and it looks better (but good in etet the dryer is not used not ....), suddenly my plastic against the wall does not have much either .... I do not know if it's due to the season ....

Important clue in favor of the condensation, because it is a question of whether the wall allows the humidity of the soil to pass or if it is condensation on a colder wall ???????

If condensation, the summer the earth is much colder than the outside air, and sometimes we have huge condensation on the cold walls against the earth !!
In winter it is rather the opposite and much less humid!

Have you done the basic test of the plastic sheets on the walls to find out if moisture is condensation or porosity of the walls against the damp earth ???????????????

VMC may aggravate condensation, with more air to condense, even double flow, (less if with removal of moisture (enthalpy).

CMV is not a solution to big wet problems, only delete the source mechanism is good, after understanding it !!
Otherwise you spend unnecessarily, while driving like in the fog !!
It's like taking medication by habit, ineffective without thinking !! Antibiotics without antibiograms or against a virus !!!
Beware of sellers who only target their commission !!

Get the steam out of the dryer outside instead of inside !!
0 x
foufbibi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by foufbibi » 07/11/11, 23:49

it does not seem to me to have said that replace my vmc fall in the harbor either for a history of moisture, it has the renewal of the air is important. When to connect a vmc on the bathroom is precisely to remove moisture no? As well as the air fills with dust and other crap in the air no?

Yes I said above the plastic gives nothing ... more steam in the garage
0 x