Automatic exchanger flushing ÖkoFEN?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 11:34

Yes, we need to take stock.

1) No, it was not my installer who did a bypass! This is normal operation. My boiler arrived with the condenser installed and wired.

2) The instructions clearly indicate that the set time (19 p.m. at home) is used for "forced" suction ("full compulsory" in the evening so as not to make noise at night and rinsing in the event that there is a condenser).

But there are also minimum operating times before tripping.

So I think the deck is designed like this.

3) Tell me how you force manual flushing, so I can give it a try.

4) Apart from the front cover, my boiler is not "stripped": I do not know where the multitude of cables that arrive in front and are plugged into the different connectors of the board go. In particular, I don't know where the rinsing solenoid valve cable comes from.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 11:46

yannou_breizh wrote:
If you have a little time, can you take a look at the wiring on the boiler control board? Pins 47 and 48 (MA, at the bottom left corner of the card) are those of the solenoid valve. In my house, they are connected to a relay which manages the power supply to the valve. In my case, there is only the valve connected to the relay.

Idem.

I am less expert in electro-mechanics: but I also have a double wire which comes out of 47/48 - MA and which goes on a relay on the right.

Go into the relay a brown cable from the 230 V part I imagine (top right of the plate - code WR1) and srotr a brown which leaves in a sheathed wire which in my opinion goes on the solenoid valve. The blue (neutral) of this same wire is connected directly to the WR1 of the circuit board.

This confirms me in the hypothesis that it is indeed the plate which controls at the same time two or three "outputs": the rinsing of the condenser, the suction of pellets and the cleaning of the turbulators.

At the programmed time but subject to sufficient operating time (different for that matter), from which a few specific lines appear for each output in the algorithm of the board ...

There are a few other relays built into the board (clipped).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 12:08

Although I do not know where the cables formally end up, I have:

1) 1 electrical sheath on MA connectors (flushing solenoid valve)

2) 1 duct on RM (cleaning the turbulators)

3) 1 duct on ZW (pellet vacuum cleaner)

4) 1 sheath on RA (motor of the silo extraction screw)
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 24/12/10, 12:51

OK, so we are exactly the same cable ... which does not reassure me. Afterwards, the configuration of the PLC can depend on what is connected to it (automatic detection of what is connected) so if you have a vacuum system, it may be that it works differently.

For output tests, it is not worth trying at home if the MA output is wired on the relay it will work. If you are interested, you have to go to P203, click and after you see all the outputs that you can control independently one by one by clicking (pellet feed, fan, silo vibrator, solenoid valve, etc.)? It is handy for testing each of the boiler room components.

I'm going to look at all the boiler parameters to see if there isn't a simple thing to activate but I don't really believe it.

Another hypothesis is regulation (gray TEM in my case) but after a brief glance at the doc, I don't have the impression that it has qq action or parameter compared to the condensing system. ..

To be continued...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 12:55

1) I also have gray TEM! I confirm: the only action is the "need for heating" signal (input BR1). Rine to see in our problem.

2) Thanks for the manual mode: as said, I have a doubt to know if the cleaning of the turbulators works on my premises, I did not hear it (but perhaps that the minimum operating time was not reached ).
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 24/12/10, 13:57

For cleaning turbulators, from memory, it is in "chimney sweep motor". The noise is nevertheless characteristic, the arch rises and suddenly releases the springs, it makes a big kling (I hear it from inside the house). It does this several times depending on the duration of the P192 (180s by default I believe). The noise can also depend on the carcass, as I have a 25-32kW, maybe it makes a bass drum.

What is clear to me is that it does so at the time provided by the P190 (I tested several times by changing the time of the boiler).

If you only have the rinse and I have the sweeping, we're not done ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 17:32

Confirmation.

Test this evening: the sweeping engine responds, but it blocks! I think the springs are seized. I wait for the end of the holidays to dismantle, as soon as I break something!

There at least it turns even if it is not swept.

I hear the noise through a panel, so very attenuated. I hadn't paid attention ...

And it was there, with your question, that I paid attention again.

So we have the "symmetrical breakdown". Even at home, I don't know if the motor was trying to run and then stuck or if, like your solenoid valve, it was not receiving a signal. I opt for this second version, because during my test, it first turned, then struggled, then stuck, as if it had failed to force the tension of the springs. I didn't insist on not toasting it ... (although I hope it has some protection).
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 29/12/10, 19:54

OK, so bad news ...

Have you ever heard chimney sweeping since you had your boiler installed? Do you do the cleaning yourself? I will be surprised that the turbulators are so dirty that they block the chimney sweeping system (especially if the cleaning is done every year) ...

The "positive" point is the symmetrical failure, it should help us to understand the origin a little better. I will loop back to my distributor in midi-pyrenees from next week (request in progress) and, in parallel, I will prepare an Email to Okofen France. I'll copy the message to you. I will also send you my boiler parameters file to compare our configurations.

Happy Holidays and see you soon,

Yann
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/12/10, 22:16

I opened yesterday: the springs are quite mobile. There was a lot of accumulated particles, but it was not "clogged"!

What happens: for some reason that I do not understand, the engine blocks the "circle" against the stop screw at the bottom left next to the smoke exhaust ... And it "stuck" ...

Yes, yes, the system worked very well at the beginning ... I had often heard it ... And then with time I lost the habit of "listening"! In short, to pay attention.

I wonder if it does not date from the last revision, about 1 year ago: a reassembly error ???

I confirm that during startup, all of these systems start up (there, I unlocked the circle of turbulators; when I pressed the green button, rinse, suction and cleaning attempt!)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/01/11, 14:36

New ????
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."