Automatic exchanger flushing ÖkoFEN?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Automatic exchanger flushing ÖkoFEN?

by yannou_breizh » 19/12/10, 18:10

Hello everybody

I have an Okofen 32kW condensing boiler since 3 years ago. It starts to be adjusted correctly thanks to all the advice I could read about the different forums of the site.

I have a recurring problem with rinsing the exchanger. It does indeed tend to get dirty quickly enough (1 complete cleaning each year is not enough). So, I doubt the proper functioning / settings of auto cleaning.

To my knowledge, there is the cleaning of the heat exchanger of the boiler and the condenser. The first one works correctly (I hear the characteristic noise when the springs release). On the other hand, by checking the water discharge of the condenser, no trace of water outside the qqs cl coming from the condensation. The solenoid valve works well (P203, manual test of the outputs).

Has anyone encountered similar pbs? Even by modifying the P193 (at 1h), no trace of water at the evacuation level ... I read that the cleaning (P190-191 and 193) and the rinsing (P193-104) were linked but I do not know more.

Thank you for your help,

Yann
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/10, 09:45

Ah, a colleague!

We are not many to have the condensation model (I have it in 15 kW)!

At home, I hear very well the triggering of the solenoid valve located in the faucet.

In particular, if you turn off your boiler (green button) and turn it back on, the "cycle" normally begins with a rehcarge of the hopper if your model is suction + cleaning of the condenser (therefore rinsed).

Question stupid (but I do not want to annoy you, you must always start a diagnosis at the beginning): solenoid valve disassembled, your faucet flows?

After, we can compare our parameters P (this is where it nestles).
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 21/12/10, 10:39

Hello,

I confirm that the tap flows well when the solenoid valve is open (during the annual cleaning of the condenser, I activate it manually with the P203 and I can see the water flowing at the nozzle).

In passing, the rinsing system is connected to the cold water network of the house, I wonder if the cleaning would not be more effective if it was connected to the hot water network ... But it is a another story.

In short, the system works in manual, now I try to understand how the auto cleaning settings work. At first glance, I do not have the impression that an extinguishing / re-ignition of the boiler activates the rinsing (boiler tested at standstill). I will check that in the day.

Initially, I had:
P189 = -1 (Cleaning Schedule 1, varies between -1 and 23h)
P190 = 20 (Cleaning Schedule 2, varies between 0 and 24h)
P191 = 10 (Tmin cleaning 2, it is the cycle time mini until cleaning)
P192 = 180s (cleaning duration)
P193 = 6h (Tmin wash, this is the min cycle time until cleaning)
P194 = 120s (rinse duration)

My understanding of these parameters is:
- There is an hour for cleaning (sweeping the boiler heat exchanger). I believe that the cleaning operation is coupled to the flushing of the condenser (I read it in a doc okofen but it does not appear in the installation manual of the boiler).
- There is (also?) An operating time (cumulative?) From which there is sweeping and / or rinsing.

My problems :
- Meaning of 1 and 2 cleanings? It does not appear in the installer manual (only P190). As my P189 is at -1, I wonder if it's not disabled ...
- I tried to change the cleaning hours and change the Tmin to 1 hour, I disconnect the wastewater evacuation and I collect everything in a bucket => no water apart from that resulting from that of the condensation even after more than 24 hours ...

After, I'll have more questions about the (tedious) cleaning of the condenser (tubes and blades) but that will be the next step!

Thanks again for the help,

Yann
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/10, 12:37

I give you my parameters (but I do not see what's wrong in your case at this level); I am not aware of any setting that enables or disables cleaning (as long as the condenser is mounted) it seems to me to be related to the aspiration programming ...

P189: -1
P190: 19 hr
P191: 10 h
P192: 180 s
P193: 6 h
P 194: 120 s

So the same (suaf that I advanced the initiation of the cycle to 19 h)

Finally, I have a maintenance contract. I did not clean my condenser myself (and have never been there when it was done).

In short, here we remain on a mystery! I admit that I do not see. If the forced release works, it means that there is no physical "discomfort" such as a cable that is not plugged in or damaged.

Same if the filter at the entrance of the solenoid valve was clogged by dirt in the water ...

What model do you have? jJ have just read the manual, which takes a picture of a system that I do not have. It is about a "value 9" on a "valve allowing to stop the water". A priori a "gadget" that you screw on your tap and on which you then screw the flexible connection that goes to the condenser ...

A safety system that cuts water after about 6 mn.

The recovery of the valve is described as follows:

a) Close the water tap and unscrew the water hose connection
b) Press the red button (inner side of the valve)
c) Fit the water hose and open the tap
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 21/12/10, 14:35

Actually weird ...

I read the same thing as you in the doc Okofen but it does not seem that I have this valve nor that it blocks the water of the jet. Otherwise it would not work in manual (I just run it) and more during the maintenance, I made it run over 6mn without blocking.

I put the P190 12h, there has been the sweeping at noon but no rinse (no water in my bucket). I tried extinguishing / relighting:
- Qd the boiler is stopped (between 2 cycles): nothing
- When it works, we mean the Belimo valve that activates for flashback but no rinsing. Are you sure it's the solenoid valve that you hear?

I do not understand how the different parameters interact. Ok for daily cleaning at a fixed time (although, after that of 12h, I put 13h and nothing, there is ptet a counter behind ...) but why add a cycle time (19h AND every N hours of operation?) ?.

I will get in touch with Okofen (the center of my region is currently closed) and ask them the question. I'll let you know,

Thanks again,

Yann
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/10, 15:40

So you probably have the same system as me, a sort of "plastic block" where everything is integrated. Me neither, I do not have what is described.

What I hear is not the solenoid valve, but the "pschitt" of the flowing water and the gurgling in the flowing PVC ...

The first parameter is not clear to me either.

Then you can program the time of the operation (for noise reasons) and the minimum operating time between the two (one for cleaning and one for rinsing). If the boiler has not worked much, even at the appointed time, nothing will happen (it is to avoid using water for nothing and springs).
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 21/12/10, 17:39

I contacted the okofen dealer in my area. He does not seem to know more than us. Apparently, there is a washing operation as soon as there is a problem of smoke ventilation (significant overpressure in the boiler, P125). For the parameterization, he will make the request to the parent company.

I looked at the wiring in detail, the Solenoid output (MA 47 and 48 outputs on the boiler motherboard) is connected to a relay. When I activate the solenoid valve in the P203, I can see the contact is made and it flows ... It's a bit wired hard by my installer (Phase and neutral taken from the motherboard and the TEM) but hey, if it works in test outputs, it should be good.

In the end, I do not understand. For my part, nothing at startup, nothing to the activation of the cleaning process (I saw a sweeping operation this aprem) and for now nothing even with Tmin 1h (whether it is sweeping or rinsing) ...

You confirm me that if you are your 30s boiler and you re-ignite, there is a rinsing operation? If so, it gives me a basic test ...

Could you send me by EMail the config of your boiler (the file with the parameters)? There may be something hidden somewhere ...

I leave my bucket and I will wait without touching anything, we'll see ...

Yann
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 21/12/10, 18:11

Hello,

I just saw that there were 2 level parameters that are related to washing, I think it's P214 to P217.

I have :
P214: Pmin = 32 EH
P215: Pmax = 300 EH
P216: Plaster 500 EH (it must be the pressure from which there is rinsing in case of obstruction of the condenser ...)
P217: Time pressure = 60s

Hoping it helps to understand ...

Yann
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/10, 20:21

yannou_breizh wrote:
You confirm me that if you are your 30s boiler and you re-ignite, there is a rinsing operation? If so, it gives me a basic test ...

Could you send me by EMail the config of your boiler (the file with the parameters)? There may be something hidden somewhere ...

1) I have to check if it always does (regardless of the time since the last rinse). In any case, it does it often (as I have a CESI, I often stop the boiler in summer, but have to relight it two or three times when the sun is late ...

2) I have never been able to record anything on my CF card !!! Sorry. IT is not my forte. Formatting problem ???

I did not know that you could save the settings!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/12/10, 14:17

Unfortunately, no explanation in my record on this series of P2XX.

But I have:

P214: 32 EH
P215: 300 EH
P216: 35 EH
P277: 60 s

So :

Either you made a typing error when you entered your P216

Either try with my 35 EH ???
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."