Presentation: Adjustments boilers ÖkoFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Bunny67
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bunny67 » 16/11/12, 11:17

Hello everybody

A small clarification, for those who have a boiler in combination with a buffer or combined tank, do not forget to set parameter 180 to the value 4.
It is the piloting of the primary pump, between the boiler and the tank.
By default it is on 2. In this configuration, the pump works in "binary" mode, either it is stopped, or it is at 100%, what happened to me is that the pump was running until until the boiler went down to 60 °, at that moment it was cut off, but with inertia, my boiler fell to 56 ° ... so on until the tank was completely up to temperature.
I imagine the condensation ........ :x

On the other hand, if parameter 180 is set to 4, the primary pump operates in stepwise modulation: 30,40,60, 80 and 100% which allows the boiler to never go below 60 °.

My heating engineer did not adjust this parameter, I found it by reading the assembly instructions ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 16/11/12, 14:05

Goods.
I will see that.
At home P180 = 2.
The boiler drops to 57 ° for a few minutes, it seems to me that the extreme limit is 55 ° for the start of condensation.
I thought 180 = 4 was for installations with a special variable flow pump. It says: Modulation range of the circulator in the case of variable flow operation
I'm going to set it to 4 to see. In this case, 30% at 60 ° and 100% at 65 ° according to my values ​​of P283.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
garania
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by garania » 16/11/12, 14:15

manet42 wrote:Goods.
The boiler drops to 57 ° for a few minutes, it seems to me that the extreme limit is 55 ° for the start of condensation.

But then if you go below 60 ° at each cycle, your V3V will close? so a big return of cold water and more heating demand when starting? like I had before.
Didn't you try to stop above the valve closing temperature?
For my part even before modification, I reach 50 minutes of cycle time over a day, with 1 large cycle of 4 hours in the morning, weak modulation, the T ° C boiler remained stable for 4 hours without reaching 76 ° and stopping. To be continued with new configuration.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 16/11/12, 14:27

Please note, my installation is different:
The boiler heats the tank with a primary circulator connected to UW, independent of the white regulator.
The motorized valve and a secondary circulator provide heating from the tank, controlled by the regulator.
Until now little or no oscillation, with inertia, the boiler revolves around 57/60 ° at the lowest, the primary circulator is therefore not cut at each cycle, in fact it cuts only at 57 ° 5.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
garania
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by garania » 16/11/12, 16:12

manet42 wrote:Please note, my installation is different:
The boiler heats the tank with a primary circulator connected to UW, independent of the white regulator.
The motorized valve and a secondary circulator provide heating from the tank, controlled by the regulator.
Until now little or no oscillation, with inertia, the boiler revolves around 57/60 ° at the lowest, the primary circulator is therefore not cut at each cycle, in fact it cuts only at 57 ° 5.

Well, I also have a circulator connected to UW. By cons it is dependent on the white regul.
I also have a small buffer tank (60l?) Which then distributes the water in a collector or there I have 3 circuits, each with its secondary circulator. It seems to me that my primary circulator is running continuously, but in fact yes, it must shut off when the V3Vs close. I will follow with recent edits.
0 x
Bunny67
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bunny67 » 16/11/12, 23:53

In fact I discovered this on page 49 of the assembly manual.
It is clearer than in the description of P180, which is confusing.

Image[/ Img]
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 17/11/12, 04:39

manet42 wrote:Please note, my installation is different:

OUBS! I still wonder how I could write such enormity.
: Cry:
Alzeimer or Beaujolais Nouveau? Between two evils, choose the lesser!
Of course, by the regulation I choose the T ° of the balloon:
-60 / 65 ° in the middle of winter to ensure sufficient heating, and there, no stopping of the circulator, boiler drops down to 60 ° 9.
-mid season, 50/55 °, sometimes a stop of the circulator at 57 °, it seems to me that it is because of the P 282, hysteresis UW set at 3 ° at home.
-Summer, May to September in general, boiler stopped. DHW mode never used before. Sun.

Is your small balloon (60L, mine 500l) which must be a mixing bottle, is it declared "buffer tank" in the settings of the regulator?

In Bunny67
In fact I discovered this on page 49 of the assembly manual.
It is clearer than in the description of P180, which is confusing.

I do not have this edition of the assembly manual, I see tomorrow if my Alpha 2 circulator from gründfos accepts modulation.

Is this a special circulator at home?
0 x
Bunny67
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bunny67 » 17/11/12, 10:09

No, I don't have the impression that my circulator is special, it's true that I had a doubt that it could work in modulation, but apparently it's good.
Besides, at P181, you can actually follow the speed of the circulator, and it's like you said, 30% at 61 ° in modulation, up to 100% at 65 °.

Regarding the risk of condensation, the critical temperature must surely be around 55 °, since the low limit temperature is 60 °, so I guess they still keep a safety margin. But I found this info nowhere in the Okofen documentation. I'm going to ask my heating engineer, but hey .... I expect a generic answer, like he'll say 65 °, so he is sure not to say bullshit ....

Here are photos of my circulator:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/12, 12:27

From the "logo" to the left of the wattage indication I think this is a continuously variable / modulating circulator.

To be 100% sure, check on google with the reference.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 17/11/12, 21:13

I browsed the doc on the Web:
"The pump is regulated and adapts to changing energy needs, in particular when there are thermostatic valves, 3 regulation channels depending on the installations."

It looks like the auto-adapt mode of my circulator.
Nothing about the possible modulation. I still hesitate to give it a try ... The best is the enemy of good.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."