Thermal cap for single glazed window

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
achernar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by achernar » 20/08/14, 15:22

Hic wrote:
achernar wrote:
Gaston wrote:
achernar wrote:Small question, simple glazing is just for money? Because having a double would make life much easier when the price to go from single to double varies by around 15%.
But the price to replace an existing simple with a double :|

It is clear, the replacement costs the eyes of the head, while a plug in itself is something else (still it is necessary to have the window edges suitable for this kind of thing, otherwise work which costs an arm)
But for new installations? ...

It remains to invent the removable thermal cap,
that we install for the winter,

for a room like a bedroom,
"cold" rooms on the North side or WC slle bath,
all that is little or not often used

as well as the front door and other French window,
cellar door, garage, attic

For some parts I fully understand the interest, especially in view of the rate of use.
But for living rooms like a living room, the tendencies are to want to do something more and more luminous and with as much openness as possible, so in these conditions, even in low light (overcast winter sky) I find that this move to double glazing is counterproductive.
And winter is not the only problem, summer is also a problem when it is very hot outside (who just said "not this year" !!!), good double glazing with a reflective filter for the infrared and UV and it's the nicest room in the world!
In short, I all agree with your idea for lightly occupied rooms but for a new habitation as much to combine the two, the price is not much higher;)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Thermal cap for single glazed window

by Christophe » 14/11/22, 19:04

The technique of this subject also works with double glazing of cellar windows or rooms not or little used in winter!

To your cutters!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal cap for single glazed window

by Macro » 15/11/22, 09:15

I blocked my chimney hood that I don't use with styrodur and popo foam a few years ago there was a sheet metal on slides but not very waterproof... 10 minutes later we already felt the difference in the house
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...